Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Aug 29, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #451 of 982
Thanks H20Fidelity.

Since both IEMs have great feedbacks and reviews, I guess the decision will boil down to which of them is the most comfortable in the long run.

:)

In the perfect world it would be great to keep both, though GR07 is good at being completely natural, it's excellent for live recordings or acoustic genre's. It's signature and timbre is far less fatiguing than TF10. I can listen to them for hours laying down, were as I'd be putting other IEM's away in that time. Very relaxing yet alive and accurate. But for Kaskade / other EDM genres TF10 tears up the party. It's like 'watching' sound in HD. WIth the right source you'll be having eargasm's frequently.

The bass on both is very good texture with GR07 having more subass and probably a little more quantity. It's harder for me to judge completely on their volume alone because I use Mach3bass backing up what's already there (not much). Both are 'very accurate' with great clarity staying down low within the soundstage never intruding on mids. However, I feel TF10's bass shows a touch more separation.

There's something about GR07 signature that keeps you listening, that timbre and naturalness. But for EDM TF10's metallic lacing and extreme clarity blows me away.

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #452 of 982
Any idea how these phones compare isolation wise to Atrio MG5 (v2)?  I know the GR07s are vented - wondered how much of a difference that is.  My Atrios broke a little while ago and I wanted to try something else.

Thanks  
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #453 of 982
Quote:

Don't. The improvements they made on the MKII are enough to put them over the stock ASG-1.2. You have to EQ the highs up on the ASG-1 to put them ahead of the 07

I actually am looking for a relatively dark sound next, the ASG-1.2 seemed like a good choice..

I will definitely audition extensively before making the decision though :)

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #455 of 982
Thanks H20Fidelity.

Since both IEMs have great feedbacks and reviews, I guess the decision will boil down to which of them is the most comfortable in the long run.

:)

In the perfect world it would be great to keep both, though GR07 is good at being completely natural, it's excellent for live recordings or acoustic genre's. It's signature and timbre is far less fatiguing than TF10. I can listen to them for hours laying down, were as I'd be putting other IEM's away in that time. Very relaxing yet alive and accurate. But for Kaskade / other EDM genres TF10 tears up the party. It's like 'watching' sound in HD. WIth the right source you'll be having eargasm's frequently.

The bass on both is very good texture with GR07 having more subass and probably a little more quantity. It's harder for me to judge completely on their volume alone because I use Mach3bass backing up what's already there (not much). Both are 'very accurate' with great clarity staying down low within the soundstage never intruding on mids. However, I feel TF10's bass shows a touch more separation.

There's something about GR07 signature that keeps you listening, that timbre and naturalness. But for EDM TF10's metallic lacing and extreme clarity blows me away.

I'm pretty excited to getthe TF10 on the mail tomorrow.

I'm not too crazy about the GR07 fit. I just couldn't get a good seal on it. Any advise? I've tried all the tips except the white one.

I wanted to try comply tips but it seems the T400 doesn't fit them. Can you recommend a comply tip that would fit on these? Without good sealing, I just couldn't feel the bass on this.

Thanks. :)

Tapatalk.

Aug 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #457 of 982
Quote:

The way I hear things:

GR07 -  More sub bass...there is some punchy mid bass.
TF10 -  More punchy mid bass...there is some sub bass.

Now that I have now become accustomed to the bass of the GR07 I like it more than what the TF10 can deliver.   However, I like the highs on the TF10 better.

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #458 of 982
I'm pretty excited to getthe TF10 on the mail tomorrow.
I'm not too crazy about the GR07 fit. I just couldn't get a good seal on it. Any advise? I've tried all the tips except the white one.
I wanted to try comply tips but it seems the T400 doesn't fit them. Can you recommend a comply tip that would fit on these? Without good sealing, I just couldn't feel the bass on this.
Thanks. :)
Tapatalk.

GR07 should seal though they don't exactly feel like they're grabbing much because of their slightly strange insertion, it's their design. However, you'll know if it's not sealing because there will be a serious lack of bass and mids/highs become tinny.

Try this Audio seal test

As for tips have a look in this thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/579151/gr07-tips-thread

The way I hear things:

GR07 -  More sub bass...there is some punchy mid bass.
TF10 -  More punchy mid bass...there is some sub bass.

Now that I have now become accustomed to the bass of the GR07 I like it more than what the TF10 can deliver.   However, I like the highs on the TF10 better.

Last night I was thinking about that post I made, so I did some more tests. The way it should be is as you said, TF10 is punchier, with more mid bass body and less subbass unable to reach as low. While GR07 has slightly less punch, more subbass but feels more solid with that it has in texture. Both are well detailed.

I think that's right. :smile:

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #460 of 982
I vastly prefer the GR07's sealing method over the typical vacuum suction of other iems, especially sealed BAs. The others make me feel like forcing air down my ear canal, while exerting pressure on my ear drum.

Part of that sealing method is what makes them so comfortable. :wink:

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #461 of 982
Quote:
I vastly prefer the GR07's sealing method over the typical vacuum suction of other iems, especially sealed BAs. The others make me feel like forcing air down my ear canal, while exerting pressure on my ear drum.

This this this x 10!

Can predict that my future IEM purchases will be non-sealed dynamics or hybrids at least, because of this.

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #462 of 982
Quote:

Hmmm.. maybe this describes my IEM encounters. So the GR07 doesn't vacuum seal? On the B&W C5 I felt like my ears we're indeed being vacuumed.. although I was using a Comply tips on them.

I may have found the best sealing for me on the GR07, I wear them cord down. It now delivers bass, but still a bit lacking for me though. Will experiment on more tips.

Can COmply tips fit on these? the Tx400 ones is a bit loose on them.

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #463 of 982
Quote:
 Hmmm.. maybe this describes my IEM encounters. So the GR07 doesn't vacuum seal? On the B&W C5 I felt like my ears we're indeed being vacuumed.. although I was using a Comply tips on them.

I may have found the best sealing for me on the GR07, I wear them cord down. It now delivers bass, but still a bit lacking for me though. Will experiment on more tips.

Can COmply tips fit on these? the Tx400 ones is a bit loose on them.

I don't experience a vacuum seal, but there is an obvious 'click' in my ears where the sound becomes full.  I don't have to insert them very deeply for this to happen.  I can pull them straight out.  This goes for all the dynamics I've tried... the EPH-100 and FXD80 as well.  Putting on my HF2s is a rude awakening to say the least.  Oddly enough on the EPH-100s I had to go down one tip size, the the GR07 I have to go up one.  The FXDs work best with the stock tips.

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #465 of 982
Quote:
One thing I miss when using the GR07 is my controls for volume and stop / play on my other earphones...

If you have an iphone and you'e willing to jailbreak it, there's a package in Cydia called activator. I used it to assign functions to my volume buttons. A long press of my volume up key will skip to the next song. Long pressing my volume down key will play/pause the music. 

I prefer this method over having a potentially bulky remote hanging from my earphones. Nothing I can do about the mic though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back