Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Aug 31, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #466 of 982
Quote:

If you have an iphone and you'e willing to jailbreak it, there's a package in Cydia called activator. I used it to assign functions to my volume buttons. A long press of my volume up key will skip to the next song. Long pressing my volume down key will play/pause the music. 

I prefer this method over having a potentially bulky remote hanging from my earphones. Nothing I can do about the mic though.

yeah I seen this before. I would have really loved it if GR07 had these though.. thanks for the suggestion though...

Aug 31, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #467 of 982
Hey guys, just wanted to ask. Is the plastic packaging from your MarkII sealed? I remembered that when I got mine it wasn't sealed at all. And the plastic packaging is very diry and has very very many scratches. It looked like it was dragged in sand. Lol.

I was just worried coz I might have gotten a refurbished or opened unit.

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #468 of 982
Hey guys, just wanted to ask. Is the plastic packaging from your MarkII sealed? I remembered that when I got mine it wasn't sealed at all. And the plastic packaging is very diry and has very very many scratches. It looked like it was dragged in sand. Lol.

I was just worried coz I might have gotten a refurbished or opened unit.

Don't worry, they all come like that. Mine wasn't sealed, appeared slightly dusty inside and a few scuff mark present. :smile:

Aug 31, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #469 of 982
Quote:
Don't worry, they all come like that. Mine wasn't sealed, appeared slightly dusty inside and a few scuff mark present.
smile.gif

Thanks H20Fidelity.

Will be getting my TF10 today.. Pretty excited.

I have a problem fitting the GR07. I just can't get a good seal. If I push to hard, then it hurts my ears. :frowning2:

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #470 of 982
My GR07 arrived today so been listening ever since. The new cable is an absolute dream. It has just enough heft and subtleness that I am using it without the guides and don't think I will ever need them.

I am using the stock large tips and these are as comfortable as remember them, I love their no feel seal. I may switch to my Jays tips later but am happy with the original tips right now. The hybrids are even more comfortable but I don't like the loss of treble and slightly more emphasized bass so won't likely use them other than testing for fun.

Over all I am very satisfied with buying this new version which is good because I was starting to have buyers remorse with the release of the new UE900 and a couple other IEM's and headphones.

These are not as isolating as my best IEM's but they are far better than what I have been using lately so I am really enjoying the isolation combined with comfort.

These are not as mid forward as my other gear but the mids are so clear I don't mind. One thing I like over my other IEM's in particular is the black background when there is silence.

BTW while these don't have as much 3D sound as my full size headphones they do have a bit of 3D imaging.

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #473 of 982
To be honest it's been a while since I owned the original GR07 so I am not entirely sure. But don't notice these as being as dark as the original pair was so I think there is more treble and the mids are a bit more pronounced. But let me see how I feel after a bit more time with them. Also I may be able to hear my old pair when i get back to work since I sold them to a coworker.

All in all though I am thoroughly enjoing the GR07 MKII. I have only had one song where I thought the guitars could use a bit more bite. But let's not forget these are brand new with zero burnin yet, so I expect them to change a bit.

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #475 of 982
This IEM is a pretty shallow fit so it doesn't feel like your ears are plugged when inserted and if it does I would suspect you have it inserted to far. I am using the large tips and when inserted outside noise is very muffled but the sensation in my ears is not stuffed with no suction. I can hear sounds but they are lower and once music is playing I can barely hear normal talking even at low volume levels.

Sep 1, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #476 of 982
Hmm, I was sitting listening to my SRH-1440 which is my favorite full size open headphone and decided to switch over to the GR07 and had a big surprise! They have very similar midranges and treble! I was not expecting that, as the 1440 is billed as a mid/treble centric headphone as compared to the neutral slant of the GR07. So this does lead me to think this area has been improved, but since the GR07 also has very solid mid and sub bass it still keeps the GR07 neutral sounding.

If I continue to notice this trait then I will be quite happy with the GR07 and not feel any strong need to try one of these upcoming "big brand" flagship IEM's.

Sep 1, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #477 of 982
I still think Vsonic only changed the cable on MK2, nothing else was changed within the drivers or tuning. What people are hearing is the added silver in the cable. IMO. That's what the seller sonickingaudio1986 told me and he seemed to know his stuff during our conversations. From my experience using upgrade cables I know what can be achieved. What you are hearing people is better cable quality's nothing more.

Believe the power of upgrade cables people! :wink:

Sep 1, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #478 of 982
The only problem I currently have with the GR07 is the tips. When I first put it on, no problems. But after a few minutes of moving it somehow loses the sealing.

Im wearing this cord down by the way. I can never ever get a good seal when worn normally.

Are there any comply tips that would fit this? I find the comply to be a better tip than any tip that came with it. The T400 are too loose.

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #479 of 982
Quote:
The only problem I currently have with the GR07 is the tips. When I first put it on, no problems. But after a few minutes of moving it somehow loses the sealing.

Im wearing this cord down by the way. I can never ever get a good seal when worn normally.

Are there any comply tips that would fit this? I find the comply to be a better tip than any tip that came with it. The T400 are too loose.

I think you could make your life a lot easier by learning how to wear them the right way. I've used mine for 8+ hours sessions without an incident, and they just disappear.

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #480 of 982
Quote:

I think you could make your life a lot easier by learning how to wear them the right way. I've used mine for 8+ hours sessions without an incident, and they just disappear.

But I just couln't get a good seal if I wear them the right way though.. Lol.

I will try again though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back