Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Sep 1, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #481 of 982
But I just couln't get a good seal if I wear them the right way though.. Lol.

I will try again though..

Just remember they're not going to feel like TF10 or other airtight seals do. They won't actually feel air sealed. I'm beginning to think you're getting a seal but just not used to how they feel. I'm with eke on this, keep trying over the ear. As long as you feel the tip grabbing your canal you should be ok.

Try this seal test again too.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sensaphonics.com%2F%3Fpage_id%3D833&ei=GZ9BUN6PBNCQiAfxk4C4Bg&usg=AFQjCNGaeaEZR0oaKhWvTt1njHKxiLh0lg&sig2=zbDcI4lGTwxoMDCCBZEXSw

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #482 of 982
Quote:
Just remember they're not going to feel like TF10 or other airtight seals do. They won't actually feel air sealed. I'm beginning to think you're getting a seal but just not used to how they feel. I'm with eke on this, keep trying over the ear. As long as you feel the tip grabbing your canal you should be ok.
Try this seal test again too.
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sensaphonics.com%2F%3Fpage_id%3D833&ei=GZ9BUN6PBNCQiAfxk4C4Bg&usg=AFQjCNGaeaEZR0oaKhWvTt1njHKxiLh0lg&sig2=zbDcI4lGTwxoMDCCBZEXSw

I was thinking the same thing at first. But I know the seal is gone when the bass on the GR07 just slowly disappears.. :)

Sep 1, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #483 of 982
Quote:
Don't worry, they all come like that. Mine wasn't sealed, appeared slightly dusty inside and a few scuff mark present.
smile.gif

Okay, Amazon sent me a replacement and it came pretty quick. Overnight shipping. I actually cancelled it but I think they sent it anyway.

I just found out that the new one that came has the circular hardcase and the soft pouch. Then they included 2 packs of tips instead of one. :)

So I guess I'm keeping the new one they sent me since it has a lot of accessories. :) :) :)

Sep 2, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #484 of 982
I tried the GR07 unamped for about 5 songs then tried it with the Fiio E6 for the same songs and I couldn't really tell the difference in EQ 0. On EQ 1 and EQ2, I can cleary hear the bass boost. But I don't think it made any difference in SQ.

On the other hand, on the TF10 it made it the sound crispier / clearer.

I don't think the GR07 needs to be amped. Whatya think guys? 

Sep 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #485 of 982
Quote:
Okay, Amazon sent me a replacement and it came pretty quick. Overnight shipping. I actually cancelled it but I think they sent it anyway.

I just found out that the new one that came has the circular hardcase and the soft pouch. Then they included 2 packs of tips instead of one. :)

So I guess I'm keeping the new one they sent me since it has a lot of accessories. :) :) :)

Okay, this is a really stupid question but how can you tell a Mark I from a Mark II? aside from the box ofcourse...

Sep 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #486 of 982
Quote:

Okay, this is a really stupid question but how can you tell a Mark I from a Mark II? aside from the box ofcourse...

Well...the cable? :p  It should be really soft and pliable, as opposed to the MK1's more plasticky and rubbery cable. (of course I've never actually seen the MK2's cable in person, but I do know the mk1's cable is a bit less than what others have described the mk2's cable as being)

Sep 2, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #489 of 982
I don't know man. I can't see any silver streak in that photo. You should be able to see it wriggling through the cable all the way along. Zoom in on my above photo then check this new one see if they look the same to you? I know MK2 haven't usually come with a hardcase either. Usually only a soft case unless they've changed something.

Sep 2, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #490 of 982
Ok. I think it was the lighting. Here's 2 more shots:

627025e8-0594-5ca3.jpg

627025e8-059d-b4ef.jpg

Also, did you see my post regarding the E6? Do you think it would be better to get the E11 instead?

Thanks Man!

Tapatalk.

Sep 2, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #493 of 982
Regarding amping GR07, If you're going to do it go for E11 over E6. it's a much better amp. I have an E11 here and while I enjoy using it I still tend to use my MK2 unamped with my recent Cowon C2. I used to prefer amping them and there are some added benefits using E11's EQ1 setting such as boosted dynamics, added mid bass body though I don't see it as a must have or has to be done anymore. Others still prefer it though.

Yes, I have great results amping, though I feel keeping the signal clean straight from a source over an amp like E11, which tends to colour the sound losing some detail is more beneficial. Then there's the charging two units all the time hassle, the bulk, bla bla bla.... I know you use your phone? however if you were to upgrade to a Cowon player such as C2 I know it gives fantastic results with MK2. C2 has a low output impedance which almost completely rids of any sibilance. Only since I received this player have I changed my views on this.

GRO7 is really source depended.

They have them on ebay, (4GB) (SD expandable) for $110 US. 55 hours battery life, Jet Effects 3.0. Seriously great sound.

C2 sounds like a higher end Cowon without the bells and whistles.

Sep 2, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #494 of 982
Quote:
Regarding amping GR07, If you're going to do it go for E11 over E6. it's a much better amp. I have an E11 here and while I enjoy using it I still tend to use my MK2 unamped with my recent Cowon C2. I used to prefer amping them and there are some added benefits using E11's EQ1 setting such as boosted dynamics though I don't see it as a must have or has to be done anymore
Yes, I have great results amping, though I feel keeping the signal clean straight from a source over an amp like E11, which tends to colour the sound losing some detail is more beneficial. Then there's the charging two units all the time hassle, the bulk, bla bla bla.... I know you use your phone? however if you were to upgrade to a Cowon player such as C2 I know it gives fantastic results with MK2. C2 has a low output impedance which almost completely rids of any sibilance.
They have them on ebay, (4GB) (SD expandable) for $110 US. 55 hours battery life, Jet Effects 3.0. Seriously great sound.
C2 sounds like a higher end Cowon without the bells and whistles.

Ok thanks for the tip. I was just wondering if it would do anything significant to improve on the sound of the GR07 or the TF10 if I upgraded to E11 since I can't really notice any difference on the E6. I'm still pretty new to all of this, that's why I guess it would be better to ask you guys. :)

I don't think I can use any more player since I mostly get my music from iTunes ans beatport on some. So I guess there would be problems with compatibility. So I just use either the iPhone4S or my iPod Classic.

Sorry for all the noob question by the way.  I'm still pretty new to all of this, that's why I guess it would be better to ask you guys. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back