Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Sep 6, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #511 of 982
Hey h20.. You wearing yours cord down? I tried that before and liked it but couldnt get a good seal. Ended up using it behind the ear.. :)
Getting great results now. I ordered a triple flange from Meelec, hopefully they would improve the seal more. I really wanted to use the complys but they muffle the sound a bit...
Tapatalk.

You don't wear GR07 cord down!! :devil_face: We told you it wouldn't work from the start! :p That's like putting your pant's on backwards then attempting a toilet run with the zipper. lol Over the ear! When I purchased my TF10 I thought "I dunno about this over the ear business" but you adapt. Anything worn down actually annoy's me a little now.

I'm not a fan of comply, they're expensive and tame highs. Considering GR07 we're designed for that wonderful timbre and cymbal crashes I feel using comply is taking away what's mean't to be there. Silicon all the way!

How are you liking your GR07 compared to TF10. Have you decided which one to keep?

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #512 of 982
Quote:
You don't wear GR07 cord down!!
devil_face.gif
We told you it wouldn't work from the start!
tongue.gif

Actually, I wear them cord down sometimes with good results.  I use them this way when I know my listening session will be short. 

I use large (light blue color) Sony hybrid tips -  I get a good seal and they stay in place with the cable straight down.

Most of the time I do wear them over the ear without the cable guides.

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #514 of 982
I gotta say I am a huge fan of these phones.  Probably have at least 200 hrs, all driven from my Macbook Air -> DragonFly mostly in various coffee shops around downtown San Diego.

It seems these have mellowed out a bit since I got them, I tend to put the volume up a couple more clicks than OOTB (originally 12/64 steps most of the time thru the DF, now typically 14) and that brings in a nice fullness to the sound which has me rarely wishing for more bass.  If reviews on the GR08 are good and has a similar but next level sound I'll probably pick one up as well.

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #516 of 982
Actually, I wear them cord down sometimes with good results.  I use them this way when I know my listening session will be short. 

I use large (light blue color) Sony hybrid tips -  I get a good seal and they stay in place with the cable straight down.

Most of the time I do wear them over the ear without the cable guides.

lol, so you enjoy switching the left and right channels wearing them down? In my opinion that's not the correct way to listen to music, it was produced with left and right samples in mind by the music producer. Incorrect. I understand you can wear them over the ear. And of course by switching the channels they do fit down, but it's not the right way to use these IEM's

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #517 of 982
Quote:
lol, so you enjoy switching the left and right channels wearing them down? In my opinion that's not the correct way to listen to music, it was produced with left and right samples in mind by the music producer. Incorrect. I understand you can wear them over the ear. And of course by switching the channels they do fit down, but it's not the right way to use these IEM's

lol...no, I'm not switching channels.   Imagine taking yours out when worn over the ear...turn it around 180 degrees..and reinsert it back in.   The housing is not flush against the ear, but who cares.   If the seal is good enough, they stay in place.

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #518 of 982
lol...no, I'm not switching channels.   Imagine taking yours out when worn over the ear...turn it around 180 degrees..and reinsert it back in.   The housing is not flush against the ear, but who cares.   If the seal is good enough, they stay in place.

I care, it just feels wrong! :tongue_smile:

I'm doing some experimenting now, using your method resembles having a set of air brakes hanging out my ears, I'm getting a seal though, Oh and the comfort....that wonderful comfort pushing on my outter ear tragus.

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #519 of 982
Quote:
I care, it just feels wrong!
tongue_smile.gif

I'm doing some experimenting now, using your method resembles having a set of air brakes hanging out my ears, I'm getting a seal though, Oh and the comfort....that wonderful comfort pushing on my outter ear tragus.

I can get it to work like that as well but it does seem weird.  Like the earphone equivalent of K1000s :)  

It's interesting but I can't actually make it work the way you describe, swapping channels and wearing them down.  The cartilage from my lower rear lobe gets in the way.

Sep 6, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #520 of 982
Quote:
I care, it just feels wrong!
tongue_smile.gif

It's how all the cool kids are using their GR07s in California nowadays. 
L3000.gif

Sep 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #521 of 982
Hey h20.. You wearing yours cord down? I tried that before and liked it but couldnt get a good seal. Ended up using it behind the ear.. :)
Getting great results now. I ordered a triple flange from Meelec, hopefully they would improve the seal more. I really wanted to use the complys but they muffle the sound a bit...
Tapatalk.

You don't wear GR07 cord down!! :devil_face: We told you it wouldn't work from the start! :p That's like putting your pant's on backwards then attempting a toilet run with the zipper. lol Over the ear! When I purchased my TF10 I thought "I dunno about this over the ear business" but you adapt. Anything worn down actually annoy's me a little now.

I'm not a fan of comply, they're expensive and tame highs. Considering GR07 we're designed for that wonderful timbre and cymbal crashes I feel using comply is taking away what's mean't to be there. Silicon all the way!

How are you liking your GR07 compared to TF10. Have you decided which one to keep?

Dude I swear i thought your picture showed cord down. That's why I was surprised and asked. Lol.

I might been too sleepy and got crossed eyed last night. Lol.

Yeah I hated the complys since they muffled the sound. But I love their comfort though. Hppefully the Meelec triple flange works.

I decided to pack up the TF10 last night and ship it back. I loved the isolation and the sound on those, but I felt that its pounding my head constantly and I get headaches after an hour or so listening to them.

The GR07 on the other hand has been nothing but perfect for me. Although I have to readjust them at times when I notice the bass disappearing.

Oh and I love the cable on the GR07. They're just soft and tangle free. Not to mention the great looking silver color.

Tapatalk.

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #522 of 982
I'm starting to think that Vsonic changed more than just the cable on the MKII. 

When I had my MKI pair, one thing that always used to bug me is that the GR07 had a glass ceiling when it came to outputting power. No matter how much I raised the volume, I couldn't get it to pump out with more force. That seems to be fixed here. The louder the volume, the more powerful it seems. I'm wondering if they modified the actual drive unit...

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #523 of 982
I have to wonder about the bass of the MK2. I will wait until I let these burn in one more night but I will be A/B comparing the bass between my original GR07 and my new MK2 as I think they are considerably different.

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #524 of 982
Quote:
I have to wonder about the bass of the MK2. I will wait until I let these burn in one more night but I will be A/B comparing the bass between my original GR07 and my new MK2 as I think they are considerably different.

How so?

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #525 of 982
I'm starting to think that Vsonic changed more than just the cable on the MKII. 

When I had my MKI pair, one thing that always used to bug me is that the GR07 had a glass ceiling when it came to outputting power. No matter how much I raised the volume, I couldn't get it to pump out with more force. That seems to be fixed here. The louder the volume, the more powerful it seems. I'm wondering if they modified the actual drive unit...

It's the cable eke. Have you much experience with upgrade cables? For what it's worth they alter the sound in very positive ways.

My TF10 Dark Lord cable is also a good example of this.

Here's the conversation I had with my MK2 seller.

Thank you for paying attention to our item.

In fact, the MK2 and the original version have the same mold. The most notable difference of them is that the designer use a new patent technology which more silvers are used in the wire of MK2. Based on that, the sound of MK2 is more clear and articulate than original one. In another word, though the price and technical parameters of MK2 and original version is same,the user experience is more excellent. For example, you may listen some sibilances in the end of a sentence of a song when you use original GR07, whereas the MK2 reduces the sibilances greatly.

It should be noted that the the MK2 will show its full potential after run-in 300 hours.At the same time, as a cool sound earphone, a warm sound amplifier will be beneficial to its use.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you again and great day!

I should add the seller sonicaudio runs a hIfi business in Shanghai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back