Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Aug 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #436 of 982
Quote:
How are you finding your GR07 MK2 now you've given them sometime Emospence? I remember you weren't overly impressed on open box.
Are they, wet enough for you?
smile.gif

Oh, you betcha.

Started really getting better for me at ~200 hours, currently at 330. A tad bright but I'm fine with that, plus I guess that's how they're tuned to be

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #437 of 982
Quote:

OK I've decided, GR07 MK2.

I'd miss the FXD80 for it's novel sound, it's like watching something interesting at the Zoo, but the GR07 MK2 is the better IEM for sure, it becomes pretty apparent after a while especially with live recordings, plus it's easier to listen to and clean like soap.

now the waiting game..... waiting for it to go on sale  
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #438 of 982
Oh, you betcha.

Started really getting better for me at ~200 hours, currently at 330. A tad bright but I'm fine with that, plus I guess that's how they're tuned to be

That's great news. If you think GR07 are a touch bright you may not like EX600, they appear brighter then GR07.

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #440 of 982
Quote:

Have my sights set on ASG-1s but probably not until in a month or 2

Don't. The improvements they made on the MKII are enough to put them over the stock ASG-1.2. You have to EQ the highs up on the ASG-1 to put them ahead of the 07

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #441 of 982
Would you get the GR07 MKII over the Triplefi 10?

I mostyl listen to Kaskade, EDM, Some RnB, Yiruma, Acoustic Guitar, and a little Alternative.

I use either iPhone 4S or iPod Classic and just ordered a Fiio E6.

I currently have a B&W C5. Which I will return if I'll like either the GR07 or the Triplfi 10.

Thanks!

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #442 of 982
Quote:

Yes...and I would get the Triplefi 10 over the GR07 MKII. 

Both are really great IEMs.  

I slightly prefer the sound signature of the TF10s.  The fit of the GR07 is much better.    Flipping a coin will help you decide.

The GR07 are probably the safest choice (because of the fit issues), but some people find their bass a little lacking (bassheads mostly).   The TF10s have a punchier mid-bass, but they can't touch the GR07's sub bass.

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #445 of 982
my main earphone at the moment is the asg. sometimes, when i need even more fun sound, i use the silver bullets. gr07 does not get any listening time not only because of the sounding, which i still quite like, but because of the lack of forward production of the soundstage.

Aug 29, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #446 of 982
Quote:

Yes...and I would get the Triplefi 10 over the GR07 MKII. 

Both are really great IEMs.  

I slightly prefer the sound signature of the TF10s.  The fit of the GR07 is much better.    Flipping a coin will help you decide.

The GR07 are probably the safest choice (because of the fit issues), but some people find their bass a little lacking (bassheads mostly).   The TF10s have a punchier mid-bass, but they can't touch the GR07's sub bass.

Just recieved my GR07 today. Will be burning them now now.

My Triplefi 10 are coming this Friday, So it'll be a long weekend listening to music for me... :)

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #447 of 982

I mostyl listen to Kaskade, EDM, Some RnB, Yiruma, Acoustic Guitar, and a little Alternative.

I use either iPhone 4S or iPod Classic and just ordered a Fiio E6.

I currently have a B&W C5. Which I will return if I'll like either the GR07 or the Triplfi 10.

Thanks!

Triple-fi 10.

Aug 29, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #448 of 982
Just wanted to say that I've been listening to these pretty much exclusively thru my DragonFly.  Sibilance only rears its ugly head from time to time, now it's at the point where I rarely notice.  Not sure if it's burn-in (brain or iems) but I can pump the volume up on these fairly nicely and not be bothered by this.

Just tried it straight out of my MBA headphone out.  And with that I hear it in spades... source does seem to have quite an effect here.

Aug 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #449 of 982
Just wanted to say that I've been listening to these pretty much exclusively thru my DragonFly.  Sibilance only rears its ugly head from time to time, now it's at the point where I rarely notice.  Not sure if it's burn-in (brain or iems) but I can pump the volume up on these fairly nicely and not be bothered by this.

Just tried it straight out of my MBA headphone out.  And with that I hear it in spades... source does seem to have quite an effect here.

Certainly. My Cowon S9 is almost a no go with GR07. Switching to Cowon C2 sibilance is almost completely absent. Fiio E10 works well, ipod touch 2G is ok too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back