USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Aug 20, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #1,306 of 6,156
Thanks for the great app however it does not really work well on my devices. I use USB Audio on DP-X1, Fiio X7 and Cayin i5 over DLNA(Samba). It does not work on Cayin i5. It will sit there and looks like freezed the player after hitting play button. On DP-X1 and Fiio X7, it will repeat a few seconds of different fragments. It is very hard to describe. Like I am playing A song, it will sit there for about 10 seconds and then starts to play for 5 seconds and then repeat the beginning of the song. for 6 seconds, then repeat again. Later, it will jump to 30 second position and play from there. It seems like your code is mis-handling network buffer. Pointers were not updated? I don't know but it renders your app almost unusable on my devices.

Another issue is I have several NAS. I added all of them in your app. Then if I create a play list for the 2nd NAS, it will not play and complain network error for wrong password. It seems like it only uses the first NAS credential even the tracks are from 2nd NAS!

To test it is not my network problem, I installed HiBy and it plays tracks perfectly without dropping or stuttering. I hope you can fix it soon.

Please contact support at info@extreamsd.com, this is not something we can handle in this forum.

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #1,307 of 6,156
So just to make sure I understand things, sometimes I'm slow. Within UAPP you can authorize your Tidal for streaming live only, and the UAPP provides a good equalizer. Is this correct? I ask as my friend uses Tidal and he recently purchased some average Sony BT headphones that are a little boomy in the mid bass and he uses a Blackberry Android phone so I want to be able to help him clean up the bass a little. So would UAPP do the trick?

Without DAC you can probably just use any generic equalizer app or the EQ from Android. Of course, that's a bit limited and the EQ's in UAPP are much more versatile. In the end I guess it depends on how much correction you can do with the standard Android EQ.

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #1,308 of 6,156
I got to fondle samples of the new Echobox Explorer at yesterday's SF Head-Fi Meet. Not surprised to find that the only two music apps they had installed were Tidal and UAPP!

IMG_20170819_142237-2.jpg

Aug 20, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #1,309 of 6,156
Without DAC you can probably just use any generic equalizer app or the EQ from Android. Of course, that's a bit limited and the EQ's in UAPP are much more versatile. In the end I guess it depends on how much correction you can do with the standard Android EQ.
Thanks, I want more than the crappy built in Android EQ to help my buddy, ideally a parametric EQ. The Bluetooth headphones do have a DAC so I'm unsure what you mean by having an additional DAC. For Bluetooth as you are well aware it is all done on the headphone, but you can EQ the digital signal leaving the source first so hence why I want a more sophisticated EQ. Cheers.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #1,311 of 6,156
I am surprised that none of you reported DLNA problems. At first I thought it was X7, then I tried all my DAPs. None works without problems with DLNA. The newest update still does not fix it and the app is slow. Besides, I do not know why do I have to wait several seconds after hitting the play button before hearing music starting to play. On the other hand, HiBy and VLC do not have this problem when playing the same library and they are free! I feel like I have been cheated.

Sep 3, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #1,313 of 6,156
I am surprised that none of you reported DLNA problems. At first I thought it was X7, then I tried all my DAPs. None works without problems with DLNA. The newest update still does not fix it and the app is slow. Besides, I do not know why do I have to wait several seconds after hitting the play button before hearing music starting to play. On the other hand, HiBy and VLC do not have this problem when playing the same library and they are free! I feel like I have been cheated.

Please contact support at info@extreamsd.com if you have any issues with the app. The app needs to buffer a couple of seconds of audio before it starts to play. On a fast WiFi network, this usually goes very fast, but depends on the sample rate and file format. You can set the network buffer size in the app's settings. In one of the next updates, start of playback from network sources will be asynchronous. This means that will be able to do other things while it is buffering, although of course that won't result in audio starting playback any faster since it still needs to do the same buffering.

Sep 3, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #1,314 of 6,156
I am surprised that you have problems, I have exactly none using two different Android phones (Moto X Pure or Galaxy Note 2), various different connected USB DACs, and UAPP functioning as a UPnP Renderer connected to libraries on either AssetUPnP, or JRiver DLNA Servers.

Don't be so quick to judge that a problem you are having is easily blamed on an app, or that you have been "cheated". You said it yourself, no one else reporting that problem suggests that it is not widespread, and very possibly if not likely related to something in your particular set-up rather than a symptom of some sort of rip-off.

All good with those free apps, glad you like them. But don't disparage the best app available for music playback on Android, I've tried them all over time, and UAPP is hands down better.
May I ask what bit rates are your files? I stream 192/24 flacs. When I stream low bit rate mp3, I occasionally experience short repeats of part of the song. When streaming 192/24, it stutters a lot and with random repeats. If it is the problem of my network, then HiBy and VLC should have similar problems but they are playing back normally.

Sep 3, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #1,315 of 6,156
Please contact support at info@extreamsd.com if you have any issues with the app. The app needs to buffer a couple of seconds of audio before it starts to play. On a fast WiFi network, this usually goes very fast, but depends on the sample rate and file format. You can set the network buffer size in the app's settings. In one of the next updates, start of playback from network sources will be asynchronous. This means that will be able to do other things while it is buffering, although of course that won't result in audio starting playback any faster since it still needs to do the same buffering.

Sent

Sep 3, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #1,316 of 6,156
May I ask what bit rates are your files? I stream 192/24 flacs. When I stream low bit rate mp3, I occasionally experience short repeats of part of the song. When streaming 192/24, it stutters a lot and with random repeats. If it is the problem of my network, then HiBy and VLC should have similar problems but they are playing back normally.

I can play all PCM sample rates up to 352.8 kHz (I don't have any 384 kHz files to even test) and also DSD64 without any trouble on both the Oppo HA-2 DAC, and also the Resonessence Labs Herus. The Android device is a Moto X Pure Edition, acting as UPnP Renderer/endpoint via UAPP.

I was visiting a friend with a similar set-up a couple of weeks ago, his instance of UAPP is on an old Galaxy Note 2, his DAC is the iFi iDSD nano. He too has no problem streaming all sample rates including DSD64 from the DLNA Server on his network.

In both cases the server is a JRiver (generic) DLNA server running on a Raspberry Pi, but I've also done it with AssetUPnP Server running on both a Mac mini, and/or a Raspberry Pi.

Of the above servers, only the Mac is what you'd call high horsepower, the RPi3 units are the exact opposite, but they seem to have plenty of processing power for 24/192 or DSD, even the enormous bitrates of DXD (3 times that of DSD64):

9935082.png

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #1,317 of 6,156
I'm using USB Audio Player Pro with ViPER4Android, but that requires disabling UAPP's USB driver and relying on the V4A driver, which replaces the default one that comes with Android. So in UAPP's settings that would be "Play through Android" = on, "Use USB DAC" = off.

If it still doesn't work, you may also need some changes to your audio_policy.conf:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/672375/great-news-for-rooted-android-users-viper4android/195#post_12964499

Just know that you won't be able to output audio at any sample rates higher than 48k through V4A because its driver just doesn't support them.
while using uapp with v4a, for every single song I have to turn v4a on and off to make it play. How do i make it play automatically?

Sep 29, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #1,319 of 6,156
Finally, the latest release of UAPP just had played PF DSOTM SACD ISO true gapless! :) Please don't touch it anymore to avoid breaking it down!

Unfortunately, this nasty problem with switching to DSD-to-PCM after a pause or on restart is still there and still makes it hard to use UAPP for SACDs and DSD in general :frowning2:

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #1,320 of 6,156

Users who are viewing this thread

Back