USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Oct 15, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #1,338 of 6,183
Interesting. When sending an MQA file to an external DAC, UAPP will display "48000 hz" because that's the package it sees, but at the same time the external MQA DAC will light up and/or display 96/192/etc. kHz on the other end. I wonder if the full decoding/unfolding/deblurring being done, and you just can't see it any indicator? And I wonder if there is an api or something UAPP can use to communicate with this new type of internal DAC to get those numbers. That might be custom programming just for this phone now, but has a great future ahead of it.

Seeing 48K in UAPP and unfolding MQA in the external DAC at 96 or higher is exactly what MQA decoding does.

Oct 15, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #1,340 of 6,183
But unfortunately not to the LG V30's MQA-capable internal DAC, which is what we were discussing.

I see this now in the context of your earlier post. To this date I have not yet seen that the V30 is MQA capable at launch. We all know the new version of the ESS9218 is inside the phone, but from what I have read it won't be until Android 8 is out on the LGv30 that the MQA stream can be sent to the DAC for unfolding. I could be wrong and am watching closely to understand how/when it will be fully enabled. Please let me if you learn more or differently.

Oct 15, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #1,341 of 6,183
I see this now in the context of your earlier post. To this date I have not yet seen that the V30 is MQA capable at launch. We all know the new version of the ESS9218 is inside the phone, but from what I have read it won't be until Android 8 is out on the LGv30 that the MQA stream can be sent to the DAC for unfolding. I could be wrong and am watching closely to understand how/when it will be fully enabled. Please let me if you learn more or differently.

OK, will do. There is an LG V30 thread, but we came over here to figure out the UAPP issue.

Edit: by the way, my Pixel XL and Pixel C already updated to Oreo / 8. Hopefully LG will roll that out soon.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #1,342 of 6,183
Did UAPP just get a big update now that seems to integral the whole Tidal front into UAPP. Sure I could only see my favourites playlists before, and search. Now shows a great Home page. Can now Favourite in UAPP itself.

Oct 23, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #1,344 of 6,183
Is anyone else seeing UAPP always crash on launch since the October 19th update (on Lollipop or on 5.1.1-derived custom ROMs)?

Oct 23, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #1,345 of 6,183
Is anyone else seeing UAPP always crash on launch since the October 19th update (on Lollipop or on 5.1.1-derived custom ROMs)?

We have 2 reports, but we are looking for someone who can try some beta apk's to find out the cause. If you want this bug fixed as much as we do, please contact us at info AT extreamsd.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back