USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Oct 1, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #1,321 of 6,187
20170930_175037[1].jpg

No Orange button

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 2, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #1,322 of 6,187
I know this might be a long shot but is there any possibility of UAPP supporting HibyLink? I do realize that it's protocol created by UAPP's direct competitor but Hiby's own app is terrible compared to UAPP. I'd love to be able to control my player via UAPP. Hell, I'd pay extra for it.

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #1,323 of 6,187
I know this might be a long shot but is there any possibility of UAPP supporting HibyLink? I do realize that it's protocol created by UAPP's direct competitor but Hiby's own app is terrible compared to UAPP. I'd love to be able to control my player via UAPP. Hell, I'd pay extra for it.

I don't know what it is, but we of course cannot do that. I guess it's similar to UPnP?

Oct 3, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #1,324 of 6,187
I don't know what it is, but we of course cannot do that. I guess it's similar to UPnP?
Probably but it uses duplex Bluetooth in the transport layer instead of wi-fi. If Hiby would be willing to license that for a fee I'd gladly pay for this feature.

Oct 10, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #1,326 of 6,187
Hello folks! Have any of you got a USB Audio Recorder PRO on Android DAP and managed to stream Tidal MQA?

I have not tried an Android DAP, but I have done this with an Android phone (Nexus Pixel XL), via USB OTG cable to an external MQA DAC. I believe you can do the same with any Android DAP, like the Echobox Explorer.

My MQA DAC is a Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, which as I explain in that post requires a USB REGEN for power when used with my phone. An AudioQuest DragonFly would be more portable and should run on USB power alone.

On the other hand, the LG V30 phone has MQA built in. Hope this is helpful and not TMI.

Oct 11, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #1,327 of 6,187
Using Dragonfly Red with S8 using UAPP and Tidal Streaming. When on PC and playing MQA tracks the DFR goes a deep purple/pink to signify operating in MQA. In UAPP I get colour change to reflect the frequency of Tidal Master files but never goes to the Deep purple colour.

Is this normal or should the DFR go to the MQA colour?

Thanks

Oct 11, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #1,328 of 6,187
And already had reply from UAPP developer!!

Me:
Using Dragonfly Red with S8 using UAPP and Tidal Streaming. When on PC and playing MQA tracks the DFR goes a deep purple/pink to signify operating in MQA. In UAPP I get colour change to reflect the frequency of Tidal Master files but never goes to the Deep purple colour.

Thanks

PS Also posted question on the UAPP Head-fi thread.

Davy at UAPP:

Hi Andrew,

That's normal. UAPP cannot decode MQA.

Kind regards,

Davy
eXtream Software Development

Oct 11, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #1,329 of 6,187
And already had reply from UAPP developer!!

Me:

Thanks

PS Also posted question on the UAPP Head-fi thread.

Davy at UAPP:

Hi Andrew,

That's normal. UAPP cannot decode MQA.

Kind regards,

Davy
eXtream Software Development

Thanks for investigating this. I don't own a DragonFly but I've applied a little Google-fu to figure out the missing piece of this conversation.

The DragonFly is an MQA renderer, not a decoder, and depends on MQA 1x software decoding. The DragonFly only adds MQA "deblurring" and does not further decode the file.
• http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/20....
• https://www.audiostream.com/conte...

This is disappointing. If you're really into MQA (not everyone likes the sound of it) I recommend you look at another external DAC, or the LG V30 if we get confirmation the internal DAC of that phone can play MQA too.

Oct 13, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #1,330 of 6,187
Just trying to test out MQA on my V30 but I think UAPP is expecting a USB connected DAC only otherwise you have to enable playing through Android, which I'm guessing stops MQA "happening" (could be wrong on this).

I have bit perfect switched on and tried setting the Android sample rate to variable or device native but the result is the same - playing at 48000hz. I'm new to UAPP so any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-13-12-23-10.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-13-12-23-10.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Oct 13, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #1,331 of 6,187
Just trying to test out MQA on my V30 but I think UAPP is expecting a USB connected DAC only otherwise you have to enable playing through Android, which I'm guessing stops MQA "happening" (could be wrong on this).

I have bit perfect switched on and tried setting the Android sample rate to variable or device native but the result is the same - playing at 48000hz. I'm new to UAPP so any thoughts?

Interesting. When sending an MQA file to an external DAC, UAPP will display "48000 hz" because that's the package it sees, but at the same time the external MQA DAC will light up and/or display 96/192/etc. kHz on the other end. I wonder if the full decoding/unfolding/deblurring being done, and you just can't see it any indicator? And I wonder if there is an api or something UAPP can use to communicate with this new type of internal DAC to get those numbers. That might be custom programming just for this phone now, but has a great future ahead of it.

Oct 14, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #1,335 of 6,187
Note: free trial here: http://www.audio-evolution.com/downloads/USBAudioPlayerPROTrial_1.0.8.apk

Features:

• Plays wav/flac/ogg/mp3/aiff files (even 24-bit or 32-bit wav's)
• Uses a USB audio DAC connected by a OTG cable (if your Android device supports USB host and is compatible)

Please have a look here for a list of tested devices and more information on how to connect a USB audio device:
http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO

Please contact us by email at info@audio-evolution.com to report any issues so we can solve them quickly!

[/color]
I have to turn viper4android off and on with uapp

also when will uapp bypass android mixer to speak directly with v20 ess dac without downsampling?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back