USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jul 31, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #1,291 of 6,187
By the way, if there is anyone using UAPP with a LG G2, please let us know.

Once upon a time long ago, I used an LG G2 with UAPP and both the Resonessence Labs Herus, and the LH Labs GO100iem DACs.

Both DACs worked fine and didn't even need a y-split cable and extra battery power, the phone was able to power the DAC with no external help.

That was so long ago I can't even remember the version of Android it was (4.3?).

Here it is with the Herus DAC:

5902880.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #1,292 of 6,187
Thank you for this great app. I use it on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 connected to an S.M.S.L. iDEA DAC. In my case, I have to launch the app first, THEN connect the DAC, otherwise it would start buzzing (the recharge external device kicks in, instead of audio USB mode). Other than that, I really enjoy the music now, even purchased the Parametric EQ and Morphit features.

Could you include in the Morphit's headphone list the ones I currently own? Namely Superlux HD681 Evo, VE Monk Plus and ESPECIALLY my beloved Koss Porta Pro-s. It would be a great addition, these models were/still are bestsellers and very popular. Thank you.

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #1,293 of 6,187
Once upon a time long ago, I used an LG G2 with UAPP and both the Resonessence Labs Herus, and the LH Labs GO100iem DACs.

Both DACs worked fine and didn't even need a y-split cable and extra battery power, the phone was able to power the DAC with no external help.

That was so long ago I can't even remember the version of Android it was (4.3?).

Here it is with the Herus DAC:

Good old times! :)
But I assume you do not use it anymore, I guess almost no one does I guess.

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #1,294 of 6,187
Thank you for this great app. I use it on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 connected to an S.M.S.L. iDEA DAC. In my case, I have to launch the app first, THEN connect the DAC, otherwise it would start buzzing (the recharge external device kicks in, instead of audio USB mode). Other than that, I really enjoy the music now, even purchased the Parametric EQ and Morphit features.

Could you include in the Morphit's headphone list the ones I currently own? Namely Superlux HD681 Evo, VE Monk Plus and ESPECIALLY my beloved Koss Porta Pro-s. It would be a great addition, these models were/still are bestsellers and very popular. Thank you.

Adding headphones is a lot of work. It's not just adding a name to a list or looking at some existing response graphs. Toneboosters need to own/borrow the specific headphones and do measurements on it. In any case, it's not our decision which headphones get to be measured or not, you would need to contact them.

Aug 1, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #1,295 of 6,187
Adding headphones is a lot of work. It's not just adding a name to a list or looking at some existing response graphs. Toneboosters need to own/borrow the specific headphones and do measurements on it. In any case, it's not our decision which headphones get to be measured or not, you would need to contact them.
Thank you for your quick reply. I understand this is a lot of trouble, but one can only hope that list is going to grow bigger and bigger. It would be nice in the future if you could add the list to your advertising, had I known none of my headphones were supported, I would've probably passed, who knows? I´ll get in touch with them regardless, let´s see what they have in mind about this.

I just sent you an email, you might want to consider adding Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 to your working Android devices database, and the S.M.S.L. iDEA to the Audio devices one, even though there are some issues/buzzing still with the latter, but that's nothing a restart or a reboot cannot solve. It works most of the time, but sometimes it just needs some tweaking, even after applying the fix with the USB Host Check app.

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #1,296 of 6,187
Thank you for your quick reply. I understand this is a lot of trouble, but one can only hope that list is going to grow bigger and bigger. It would be nice in the future if you could add the list to your advertising, had I known none of my headphones were supported, I would've probably passed, who knows? I´ll get in touch with them regardless, let´s see what they have in mind about this.

You can view the list of supported headphones before doing the in-app purchase. Just before release a dozen headphones were added, so when new headphones are measured in future, we'll update MorphIt Mobile with them.

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #1,297 of 6,187
I mean the Morphit feature was a great selling poit for me to purchase your app in the first place, to that point it was a little bit late to decide, but never mind, I later discovered it actually works better with my DAC, so no remorse whatsoever. I know I can ask for a refund, but I like your app better, no problem now.

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #1,298 of 6,187
I mean the Morphit feature was a great selling poit for me to purchase your app in the first place, to that point it was a little bit late to decide, but never mind, I later discovered it actually works better with my DAC, so no remorse whatsoever. I know I can ask for a refund, but I like your app better, no problem now.

Ah, I see. Didn't think it would be the decision making point. Good to hear you like the app!

Aug 2, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #1,300 of 6,187
Ah, I see. Didn't think it would be the decision making point. Good to hear you like the app!
Well, I initially thought it would help me correct the inherent flaws that my headphones might have, unfortunately the only option available is "Simulate". From an audiophile standpoint maybe you should consider implement "Correction", that's the one I would've bought.

Aug 2, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #1,301 of 6,187
Well, I initially thought it would help me correct the inherent flaws that my headphones might have, unfortunately the only option available is "Simulate". From an audiophile standpoint maybe you should consider implement "Correction", that's the one I would've bought.

Correction is done using any of the entries that start with 'Generic'.

Aug 2, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #1,302 of 6,187
Correction is done using any of the entries that start with 'Generic'.
Man, you are right, all I had to do is scroll down a bit, I thought the info ended there. Never mind the message before, it's all good then. Even happier now, let's hope Toneboosters keep up their good work. And good to know you keep an eye on our feedback, really appreciated.

Aug 3, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #1,303 of 6,187
Yes to both. For the OnePlus3, you need to turn off battery optimization. Please select Android Settings, Battery, top-right menu, Aggressive doze and hibernation, turn it ON, then enable USB Audio Player PRO (which actually DISABLES optimization!), such that UAPP comes at the top in the list of 'Not optimized apps'. OnePlus have admitted the problem, but unfortunately will not do anything about it.

Awesome! Thank you so much Davy! :wink:))

Aug 12, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #1,304 of 6,187
Thanks for the great app however it does not really work well on my devices. I use USB Audio on DP-X1, Fiio X7 and Cayin i5 over DLNA(Samba). It does not work on Cayin i5. It will sit there and looks like freezed the player after hitting play button. On DP-X1 and Fiio X7, it will repeat a few seconds of different fragments. It is very hard to describe. Like I am playing A song, it will sit there for about 10 seconds and then starts to play for 5 seconds and then repeat the beginning of the song. for 6 seconds, then repeat again. Later, it will jump to 30 second position and play from there. It seems like your code is mis-handling network buffer. Pointers were not updated? I don't know but it renders your app almost unusable on my devices.

Another issue is I have several NAS. I added all of them in your app. Then if I create a play list for the 2nd NAS, it will not play and complain network error for wrong password. It seems like it only uses the first NAS credential even the tracks are from 2nd NAS!

To test it is not my network problem, I installed HiBy and it plays tracks perfectly without dropping or stuttering. I hope you can fix it soon.

Aug 18, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #1,305 of 6,187
So just to make sure I understand things, sometimes I'm slow. Within UAPP you can authorize your Tidal for streaming live only, and the UAPP provides a good equalizer. Is this correct? I ask as my friend uses Tidal and he recently purchased some average Sony BT headphones that are a little boomy in the mid bass and he uses a Blackberry Android phone so I want to be able to help him clean up the bass a little. So would UAPP do the trick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back