USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Aug 21, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #736 of 6,187
Native DSD in the new update does not seem to be working for me.

Device: Xperia Z5 Compact
Android Version: 6.0.1
DAC: Chord Mojo
File Format: DSD128 (.dsf)

Failed to find interface for native DSD playback!
Error: setUpUSB failed!

Please let me know if you need any more information. I have the log file stored off if you need it.

Edit:
Just tried it with the Sony PHA-3 on the same device and it appears to be working somewhat. The audio is very choppy (cuts out every second or so) and the volume is low compared to DoP. PHA-3 does not light up the DSD LED when using native DSD. Again, have this log stored off separately from the one above if you need it.

Sent from my E5803 using a highly trained, special forces carrier pigeon

Aug 21, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #738 of 6,187
yesterday I tried audioquest jitterbug in between chord mojo and my redmi s1 using Uapp but apparently Uapp did not recognize jitterbug and gave error. without jitterbug there was no problem. jitterbug however is detected by PC using foobar and results are very good using jitterbug. sound is lot cleaner . I wonder if Uapp recognizes jitterbug, it well help in cleaning the sound further for Android devices too.

Aug 21, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #739 of 6,187
Native DSD is device dependent. It depends if your DAC supports it or not.

I don't have a Mojo. But I know my Geek Pulse Infinity with firmware 2V0 supports both (DoP till DSD128, native till DSD256).

And it did sing.

Sadly, in my case, it stops on every song with a loud scratch. It will not proceed automatically on the next track.

Need to send I think Davy a log file on this.

My DAC has LH Revive (sort of a battery driven Regen) in between with my Android TV box. And it works...so IDK.

Aug 21, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #740 of 6,187
Native DSD in the new update does not seem to be working for me.

Device: Xperia Z5 Compact
Android Version: 6.0.1
DAC: Chord Mojo
File Format: DSD128 (.dsf)

Failed to find interface for native DSD playback!
Error: setUpUSB failed!

Please let me know if you need any more information. I have the log file stored off if you need it.

Edit:
Just tried it with the Sony PHA-3 on the same device and it appears to be working somewhat. The audio is very choppy (cuts out every second or so) and the volume is low compared to DoP. PHA-3 does not light up the DSD LED when using native DSD. Again, have this log stored off separately from the one above if you need it.

Sent from my E5803 using a highly trained, special forces carrier pigeon

According to the USB logs we have on the Mojo, it does not seem to have a mode for native DSD. Because it can play PCM at 768kHz, DSD256 can probably be played over DoP.

I'll need to look at the track-stop issue. Not sure if we could affect volume. It's not a PCM signal, so I can only assume that the order of bytes we sent is correct, otherwise it would sound as rubbish.

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #741 of 6,187
Hi folks. Just got the Samsung Note 7 (Exynos) and pairing with the Audioquest Dragonfly Red USB DAC. Can any kind souls advise what settings should i use for the following in UAPP?

- Android sample rate
- Upsample to highest rate

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #742 of 6,187
Hi folks. Just got the Samsung Note 7 (Exynos) and pairing with the Audioquest Dragonfly Red USB DAC. Can any kind souls advise what settings should i use for the following in UAPP?

- Android sample rate
- Upsample to highest rate

Please leave everything at default. Most settings are only to troubleshoot, but if there are no problems yet, sticking to the defaults is probably best.

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #743 of 6,187
Sadly, in my case, it stops on every song with a loud scratch. It will not proceed automatically on the next track.

I have to explain further, hoping it will be understood correctly (so much as English as a third language):

When I choose on any DSD256 song/music it plays beautifully.

Problem is going on the next track.

When the song/music has finished, what I hear next is a large scratch (pink noise?).

And it stops. Can't proceed to the next track.

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #744 of 6,187

I have to explain further, hoping it will be understood correctly (so much as English as a third language):

When I choose on any DSD256 song/music it plays beautifully.

Problem is going on the next track.

When the song/music has finished, what I hear next is a large scratch (pink noise?).

And it stops. Can't proceed to the next track.

That's how I understood it. :)

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #745 of 6,187
Can you please enable 'Logging to file' in the app' settings, then stream from Tidal until the problem occurs, stop playback immediately, exit the app and send us the file UAPP.txt from your UAPP folder and a little note mentioning this post.
3.0.9 had some changes that I hoped would help with this problem, but apparently not.

Hi Davy-

I just replicated the error and have the log. Can I email it to you or pm you?

I love helping squash bugs! Lol.

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #749 of 6,187
I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro android tablet, USB 3 (or what I have also seen labelled as USB 3 Micro B super speed) to USB A OTG cable in the tablet, to USB A to micro USB to Oppo HA-2 DAC to Oppo PM 3 headphones.  Has all been working beautifully until recently, when the playback would get stuck in a groove, repeating the same 3-4 bars of whatever track it was playing.  The UAPP seems to be frozen at this point, not responding to any controls (eg trying to move forward in the track, pausing, back to playlist etc).  This is not restricted to one track or even one folder, and has happened when reading from a Micro SD card or over wifi from a hard drive attached to my router.

The only solution seems to be to close the app, turn off the DAC, turn DAC back on, and start up again.

Any guesses as to where the problem might be?  Tablet? Uapp?  Android version is 5.0.2.

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #750 of 6,187
  I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro android tablet, USB 3 (or what I have also seen labelled as USB 3 Micro B super speed) to USB A OTG cable in the tablet, to USB A to micro USB to Oppo HA-2 DAC to Oppo PM 3 headphones.  Has all been working beautifully until recently, when the playback would get stuck in a groove, repeating the same 3-4 bars of whatever track it was playing.  The UAPP seems to be frozen at this point, not responding to any controls (eg trying to move forward in the track, pausing, back to playlist etc).  This is not restricted to one track or even one folder, and has happened when reading from a Micro SD card or over wifi from a hard drive attached to my router.

The only solution seems to be to close the app, turn off the DAC, turn DAC back on, and start up again.

Any guesses as to where the problem might be?  Tablet? Uapp?  Android version is 5.0.2.

Can you check again if you really have this issue when playing from micro sd card, since that's highly unlikely. Playing from WiFi is probably causing the same problems as some people experiencing with playing from Tidal, we are looking into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back