USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 19, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #5,298 of 6,142
Sorry if you've already tried this but I wonder if you could just remove all data and cache from Tidal, uninstall it, reboot, download a fresh copy from Play Store, install and see if it fixes it.

I think he is referring to Tidal through UAPP, not the Tidal app. I'm pretty sure the official Tidal app dropped support for Android 5 quite a while back.

Jan 20, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #5,301 of 6,142
Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #5,302 of 6,142
Hi Folks, I managed to scan internal storage and micro SD cards to add them to UAPP Library, but is it possible add music from Network / Server to the Library too?
I can play files from the network, but this is more in a form of folder browsing and doesn't benefit from the nice UI experience the "local" library bit has. Thanks.

Jan 24, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #5,304 of 6,142
Can someone help?
Using UAPP with Qobuz, connected usb to my dac/amp.
In bit perfect the default volume is nearly too loud for my headphone. Is there a way to lower it in UAPP while keeping bit perfect ?
(the only way i see is without bit perfect with the EQ and some negative gain).
Thanks for your advice😀

Jan 24, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #5,305 of 6,142
Can someone help?
In bit perfect the default volume is nearly too loud for my headphone. Is there a way to lower it in UAPP while keeping bit perfect ?
Thanks for your advice😀
Not sure what you mean by 'default volume.' Also, what is your DAC connected to - a phone, PC?? One thing to try: in UAPP's settings, under volume, you can select 'software' or 'hardware' control. Try both and see if that lets you control the volume from your device.

Jan 24, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #5,306 of 6,142
Can someone help?
Thanks for your advice😀
Technically no, as adjusting the volume in the app is changing the original data stream. Bit perfect means no changes are made in the digital domain, can't you simply turn down the volume of your amp? What are you using, maybe it's in a high gain mode (if it's got a switchable gain as most headphone amps have it). Presumably you're using a mobile phone with UAPP installed to stream to an external dac / amp? Have you tried connecting you phones directly to your mobile?

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #5,307 of 6,142
Technically no, as adjusting the volume in the app is changing the original data stream. Bit perfect means no changes are made in the digital domain, can't you simply turn down the volume of your amp? What are you using, maybe it's in a high gain mode (if it's got a switchable gain as most headphone amps have it). Presumably you're using a mobile phone with UAPP installed to stream to an external dac / amp? Have you tried connecting you phones directly to your mobile?
Thanks for your answer.
I cannot turn down more the volume of the dac/amp...and there are no switchable gain... Yes i'm using an Android phone... Yeah sure i can connect my headphone directly to the mobile but the quality is much worse...

Not sure what you mean by 'default volume.' Also, what is your DAC connected to - a phone, PC?? One thing to try: in UAPP's settings, under volume, you can select 'software' or 'hardware' control. Try both and see if that lets you control the volume from your device.
Thanks for your answer.
Yes my dac/amp is connected to my Android phone. I'll try asap what you suggest...

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #5,308 of 6,142
Hello. Any advice for the poor quality of now playing cover arts while using the DLNA browser? I have checked the BubbleUPnP and the quality is normal there.

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #5,309 of 6,142
One thing to try: in UAPP's settings, under volume, you can select 'software' or 'hardware' control. Try both and see if that lets you control the volume from your device.
It does not make a difference... I can only control the volume with my dac/amp...
My problem stays: in bit perfect mode the volume even at just a little more then the minimum is already nearly too loud so i cannot really use it depending the music i'm listenning...
So the only way seems to quit bit perfect mode and to use the EQ with some negative gain... Then the volume is not too high and i can go at least a little up and down...
Thanks again😀

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #5,310 of 6,142
Bro we cant't help you much if you don't give us some specifics. What is your dac/amp? Your phone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back