USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Feb 2, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #5,328 of 6,159
I have become addicted to using EQ for every single headphone. The Toneboosters plugin is perfect so far. The lack of precise PEQ with Low and High shelf filters is lacking in many DAPs. Are there any DAPs that have perfect precise 10 Band EQ? I have been using Easyeffects EQ on PC and the Toneboosters plugin for UAPP on my Android. For my taste I would never consider buying another DAP unless it matches the PEQ flexibilities of UAPP.

Can anyone recommend me a DAP with very good PEQ?

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #5,329 of 6,159
I have become addicted to using EQ for every single headphone. The Toneboosters plugin is perfect so far. The lack of precise PEQ with Low and High shelf filters is lacking in many DAPs. Are there any DAPs that have perfect precise 10 Band EQ? I have been using Easyeffects EQ on PC and the Toneboosters plugin for UAPP on my Android. For my taste I would never consider buying another DAP unless it matches the PEQ flexibilities of UAPP.

I don't think there are any DAPs with systemwide PEQ, which is a shame. Hiby has MSEB but it's not the same thing. There are some software solutions for Android 9 and 10 but they don't work well with high resolution/bitperfect and all apps. Please correct me if I am wrong. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #5,330 of 6,159
I don't think there are any DAPs with systemwide PEQ, which is a shame. Hiby has MSEB but it's not the same thing. There are some software solutions for Android 9 and 10 but they don't work well with high resolution/bitperfect and all apps. Please correct me if I am wrong. :sunglasses:
I guess most android based DAPs would run UAPP, though not the A&K ones, which have a white list. But you probably already knew that. My Sony ZX507 certainly does.

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #5,331 of 6,159
I guess most android based DAPs would run UAPP, though not the A&K ones, which have a white list. But you probably already knew that. My Sony ZX507 certainly does.

Yeah, UAPP is great for local files, Tidal and Qobuz (although you can't use MQA with PEQ). For me, some IEM/headphones sound much better with a bit of EQ and I want to use it all of the time once I figure it out. It sounds simple but it must not be, or devices would include it as an option. I would be first in line if it's ever offered on a DAP in a system-wide manner, preserving bitperfect high resolution and MQA.

Feb 2, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #5,332 of 6,159
Is there an Auto OFF // Sleep function within the software? I notice my UAPP stop playing when I woke up in the morning. I would like to turn that off.

Using a V30 atm.

I had the same problem with my LG V30 and V35. The setting is something to do with the power saving on the phone, rather than being in the UAPP app.
My V35 has the stock Android installed, and there are still some FLAC tracks (of 8 - 10 hour YouTube audio) that sometimes stop during the night. Other tracks keep playing, without any issues.

Feb 3, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #5,334 of 6,159

Every DAP with full Android it’s just like a phone with a dongle, you can use the same apps (UAPP, Neutron) with PEQ. Neutron has a great PEQ too, and it sounds even better than UAPP IMHO.

I think Lotoo DAPs have PEQ too, but I don’t know its features (number or type of filters, …).

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #5,335 of 6,159
Every DAP with full Android it’s just like a phone with a dongle, you can use the same apps (UAPP, Neutron) with PEQ. Neutron has a great PEQ too, and it sounds even better than UAPP IMHO.

I think Lotoo DAPs have PEQ too, but I don’t know its features (number or type of filters, …).
Astell&Kern have a PEQ in their Kann Cube DAP, but with only bell-type filter sections (only one "bell" type, and no shelf filters), and a much less convenient user interface than UAPP Toneboosters. For instance, with the A&K Kann Cube there is no synthesized overall response curve graph displaying the summed net result of all the different bell filter settings. You have to try to visualize it from the filter amplitudes, Qs and frequency settings.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #5,337 of 6,159
Modern phones have camera, mobile data, calls, mic and other gimmicks which daps don't have, yet :)
All the stuff I usually don't want with my music :laughing:

Feb 3, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #5,339 of 6,159
Two questions:

1) Will UAPP play songs I imported to my phone from Qobuz (so my Offline Library)?
2) For home use on WiFi, what are some of the better standalone streaming devices that work with UAPP while support up to 24/192kHz?

Feb 4, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #5,340 of 6,159
Two questions:

1) Will UAPP play songs I imported to my phone from Qobuz (so my Offline Library)?
2) For home use on WiFi, what are some of the better standalone streaming devices that work with UAPP while support up to 24/192kHz?
1) No, only for streaming.
2) All Android DAPs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back