USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Feb 8, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #5,356 of 6,188
Fw 1. 20 and/or 2 prev version.
I can use uapp and NeutronMp and samsung browser in latest fw.
But it's not enough so i stay on 1. 20 for more degree of freedom.

Sideload with apk installer or apkpure app

Thanks!

I was able to downgrade to 1.31 on my SP1000M and successfully install Apkpure app. I have installed several apps including Samsung Browser, Plexamp and Neutron. I'm not sure on how to install UAPP though.

If I update firmware, then all of the apps disappear. You said "I can use uapp and NeutronMp and samsung browser in latest fw". How are you doing that?

Feel free to PM if that's better.

Feb 8, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #5,357 of 6,188
I use Apk Extractor to extract UAPP from my phone and sideload it to other devices. Don't know if it helps.

Feb 8, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #5,358 of 6,188
I use Apk Extractor to extract UAPP from my phone and sideload it to other devices. Don't know if it helps.

I don't think it works without Google Play Store, but I will try that.

Feb 13, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #5,360 of 6,188
Hi did someone notice a sound difference between using UAPP with Bluetooth and Tidal/Qubuz and Tidal/Qubuz standalone Android Apps also with Bluetooth? Is it sonically slightly better or equal?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #5,362 of 6,188
Yes!

In UAPP, start UPnP Renderer, which will make it a UPnP renderer and library.

Then on your iOS device, install mConnect (or other UPnP control point). It should see the UAPP UPnP Renderer and let you choose it as destination. You can then play music EITHER stored locally on the mConnect device OR streamed from Tidal or Qobuz, directly on the UAPP device. You log into Tidal/Qobuz in mConnect and it pulls the stream from the streaming service and passes it to the UAPP UPnP renderer.

You can also play files stored on the UAPP device by accessing the UAPP Library in mConnect, in which case UAPP picks up that it's playing a local file and avoids receiving it over the network.

I don't know about iOS, but on Android there are many UPnP control point apps, of which BubbleUPnP is the most famous and the most well developed. It has a slightly unwieldy UI, because it has SO MUCH functionality. But it can be trimmed down to exactly what you need. It's a very powerful app.

But for streaming from Tidal, mConnect has the advantage of full MQA support, whereas BubbleUPnP only supports the HiFi layer (max 16/44). Any HiRes Master tracks are down-sampled and truncated to 16/44 by Tidal, the same as if you select HiFi Quality in the Tidal app.

Interestingly, that still works for 16/44 MQA files, although they won't have any origami to unfold. Other MQA tracks with 44KHz base sample rate (such as the 2L ones) will be truncated to 16-bit, but not re-sampled, and STILL authenticate on an MQA DAC. The article linked below describes how that is possible. Of course much information is still lost in that truncation.

https://bobtalks.co.uk/blog/science-mqa/16b-mqa-what-is-it/#

For users who don't care about MQA, I recommend BubbleUPnP over mConnect. In addition to 50X as many features, Bubble has a very responsive Dev, whereas mConnect have not responded to anything I wrote, despite the fact that I bought their app.
i did all these steps but neither mconnect nor bubbleupnp see the renderer on my nvidia shield. They can only find it as chromecast. Any advice?

Feb 15, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #5,363 of 6,188
i did all these steps but neither mconnect nor bubbleupnp see the renderer on my nvidia shield. They can only find it as chromecast. Any advice?

If I understand you correctly, you have installed UAPP on the NVidia Shield and selected Start UPnP renderer, but are still not seeing the renderer with mConnect or BubbleUPnP (being on the same network, of course).

I have no first-hand experience with NVidia Shield. I've used UAPP on a LG V30 phone (connected to my Gustard USB DAC) as UPnP renderer from mConnect, until about a year ago when I installed a Raspberry Pi instead (running Moode with its built-in UPnP renderer). I use mConnect to play Tidal this way, almost every day.

I just tested UAPP's UPnP renderer again now (still running on a V30 phone) and mConnect (running on another V30 phone) is able to detect it after a few seconds.

UAPP does NOT have a Chromecast renderer. If you are seeing one from mConnect/BubbleUPnP it must be the Shield itself, and maybe this is what blocks UAPP's renderer from being detected. I wonder if disabling all casting on the Shield will allow UAPP to broadcast its UPnP renderer. Pure speculation, but all I can think of.

Please let us know what you find out.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #5,365 of 6,188
Yes you undertood right. I will try to find out if i can disable casting on the shield and if that solves annything.

Edit: i disabled the chromecast but that didnt help annything
Thank you for trying that and reporting back.

I couldn't say why it isn't working in your situation. Maybe @Davy Wentzler (the dev) has some suggestion. You can send an email. He is generally very responsive.

Feb 15, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #5,367 of 6,188
The Xenns Mangird Tea2 finally arrived. Nice looking set. Good fit. Cable could've been skipped and will be exchanged.
First impressions are good. Based on my preferences these are better than e.g. the ISN Audio H50. Brighter, more detailed and technical. Good bass in quality rather than quantity and good treble extension. Excellent for strings and vocals.
Set needs burning in before sharing furrher imressions.
20220215_195120.jpg

Feb 15, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #5,368 of 6,188
Hoping you're happy with the sound. Thank you for your impressions bud!
Best placed on the "Portable headphones, earphones" section.:wink::vulcan:

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #5,369 of 6,188
Last few changelogs made no sense to me. Can someone please educate me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back