USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 9, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #4,817 of 6,159
Would that setup work on an android phone for download as well?
You’d have to sideload the app as it’s not in the Canadian App Store. It does work on uapp as well.

If you go to the Qobuz group, there is a user setting a group buy for a family plan, which is quite cost effective for a year.

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #4,819 of 6,159
Am I missing the obvious? I'm trying to sort my qobuz favorite artists alphabetically and can't do so.
Might be a bug. I noticed this as well. It is broken up weird. a-m, then x-z, then some left overs, then the missing n-w, etc.

May 11, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #4,820 of 6,159
My experience with communicating with @Davy Wentzler has always been excellent and transparent.

May 14, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #4,821 of 6,159
Our [Pioneer XDP] 100R works great though.

Activated the way-back machine for this one [what I quoted is from 2018].

@Davy Wentzler or anyone that regularly uses (or used to use) UAPP on a Pioneer XDP-100 or the similar Onkyo (similar, aside from the balanced dac+amp and some other things in the Onkyo; SoC processor is the same tho):

With UAPP outputting to an external DAC, is the UAPP UI snappy and fairly lag free? The benchmark tests of its SoC it used seems to indicate it should be. But I'd like to hear from people with first hand experience.

I ask, because the FiiO X7 is miserably slow experience; and the benchmark testing of its SoC is much slower. Worse outputting to an external DAC; it's pretty much unusable. It's not as bad if using UAPP to play internally; not great, but passable; dunno why.

I'm thinking about picking up an old XDP-100R to be a streamer DAP source to an external DAC on the cheap as it has a failing 3.5mm port. But will only do so if I hear from some folks that your experience using the UAPP app & interface when outputting to an external DAC doesn't or didn't make you want to throw it out the window from lags and hangs (like with my X7).

Thanx!

May 15, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #4,822 of 6,159
Activated the way-back machine for this one [what I quoted is from 2018].

@Davy Wentzler or anyone that regularly uses (or used to use) UAPP on a Pioneer XDP-100 or the similar Onkyo (similar, aside from the balanced dac+amp and some other things in the Onkyo; SoC processor is the same tho):

With UAPP outputting to an external DAC, is the UAPP UI snappy and fairly lag free? The benchmark tests of its SoC it used seems to indicate it should be. But I'd like to hear from people with first hand experience.

I ask, because the FiiO X7 is miserably slow experience; and the benchmark testing of its SoC is much slower. Worse outputting to an external DAC; it's pretty much unusable. It's not as bad if using UAPP to play internally; not great, but passable; dunno why.

I'm thinking about picking up an old XDP-100R to be a streamer DAP source to an external DAC on the cheap as it has a failing 3.5mm port. But will only do so if I hear from some folks that your experience using the UAPP app & interface when outputting to an external DAC doesn't or didn't make you want to throw it out the window from lags and hangs (like with my X7).

Thanx!

I've got a rooted (Magisk) Onkyo DP-X1B, which I probably did try with my iFi Micro iDSD in the past (2016 or 2017), and I don't remember having any usability issues. I don't currently have a micro-USB to USB-C adapter, to try it with my newer "dongle" style DAC/Amps (VE Odyssey, TempoTec Sonata BHD, Qudelix-5K, FiiO BTR5). I may have a micro-USB to micro-USB cable, to try it with my Radsone ES100 - I'll take a look tomorrow.

EDIT: I assembled two adapters together (micro-USB<>USB-A-Female, USB-A-Male<>USB-C), and connected my FiiO BTR5 to the USB output of my DP-X1B. (I did have to go into the BTR5 settings and Turn Off charging, so it would run from its internal battery, and not draw power from the DP-X1B.) The UI is still smooth and responsive, while listening to 16-Bit/44.1-KHz, 24-Bit/192-KHz flac tracks, or streaming 16-Bit/44.1-KHz Qobuz tracks - and browsing either the local folders or the Favorites on Qobuz. UAPP and the BTR5 also auto switch between bit depths & sample rates, to keep Bit Perfect audio working.

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #4,823 of 6,159
@DBaldock9 , I very much appreciate you taking your time and making the effort to test. Great news to hear too. Again, much appreciated.

May 19, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #4,825 of 6,159
Hi all

I've been quite impressed with how UAPP performs and been fiddling with my setup and scratching my head as to how to store my music files for playback. When I first got UAPP this was to play my music stored on an old NAS but I wasn't too sure about it's limitations playing over my network - it worked but I needed a better and more flexible storage. Not sure what settings I used but they have now been deleted. I have a Zidoo Media Player which plays my music files via its in-built Music Player App. My Home Theatre setup is in my lounge whereas my desktop pc is in another room. I can see my music files, stored on my media player's internal 8TbHDD, using my pc over my network and am constantly transfering new stuff I've ripped to this. I'd like to use UAPP installed on my Android Tablet to play these same files (as I did when they were on my NAS) through a connected USB DAC.

However I'd like to reach out for some help as UAPP doesn't see this HDD over the network. SMB1 is operative on my Network but I really am hopeless with Networking stuff and would like to know what settings I need to apply to UAPP to see this HDD. I haven't a clue what the settings should be when I select "Network" in UAPP and hoping someone can help me please. There may well be other settings too to enable etc but for the life of me, I do not know what they are.

Hoping someone can help me please

May 19, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #4,826 of 6,159
Hi all

I've been quite impressed with how UAPP performs and been fiddling with my setup and scratching my head as to how to store my music files for playback. When I first got UAPP this was to play my music stored on an old NAS but I wasn't too sure about it's limitations playing over my network - it worked but I needed a better and more flexible storage. Not sure what settings I used but they have now been deleted. I have a Zidoo Media Player which plays my music files via its in-built Music Player App. My Home Theatre setup is in my lounge whereas my desktop pc is in another room. I can see my music files, stored on my media player's internal 8TbHDD, using my pc over my network and am constantly transfering new stuff I've ripped to this. I'd like to use UAPP installed on my Android Tablet to play these same files (as I did when they were on my NAS) through a connected USB DAC.

However I'd like to reach out for some help as UAPP doesn't see this HDD over the network. SMB1 is operative on my Network but I really am hopeless with Networking stuff and would like to know what settings I need to apply to UAPP to see this HDD. I haven't a clue what the settings should be when I select "Network" in UAPP and hoping someone can help me please. There may well be other settings too to enable etc but for the life of me, I do not know what they are.

Hoping someone can help me please

It might be easier to use DLNA/UPNP. Does your media player have a DLNA server that can be turned on? I'm not familiar with your media player, maybe if you gave more details on the model, etc.

May 19, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #4,827 of 6,159
Thank you for your help. After reading your response, I checked the settings for my files under "Network". I had inserted back slashes instead of forward ones - doh! I can now see my music folders and files no problem. Now for some testing :wink:

May 19, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #4,828 of 6,159
Thank you for your help. After reading your response, I checked the settings for my files under "Network". I had inserted back slashes instead of forward ones - doh! I can now see my music folders and files no problem. Now for some testing :wink:

Glad you made progress. Check back in if problems develop, and we can try to work through them...

May 20, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #4,829 of 6,159
Tried yesterday to get things to work, with some success. However immediately saw a lot of buffering and indeed I struggled to get DSD files to play. I put this down to connecting to my network via wifi. My media player is a Zidoo Z1000 Pro, this has USB Audio capability btw. But at the moment the USB is connected to my Samsung Tablet. My DAC is this one - details here: -

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32895957403.html - it may be necessary to translate as the site is in native Dutch. I have the "Gold Bundle 2" DAC which has the Amanero USB card. Using a laptop with Foobar 2000 works brilliant, utilising the Windows drivers (AISO?) downloaded and installed from the Amenero website and connected to my network via ethernet. The DAC is then fed (via its RCA outs) into my Vintage amp - a Sugden A48 mkII, described as a "Vintage British Amp On Steroids" :slight_smile: , which I've had since new in 1981. Got a bit of hum to sort out (ground loop, I think)) but it sounds awesome.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Tablet on which I've installed UAPP. I have acquired some alternative settings to try but I'm doubtful they will work any better than the ones I'm currently using.

So I'm wondering if I install UAPP on my Zidoo (its's Android based) and is connected to my Network via ethernet, whether I'll get better performance? What do people think? I realise I'll probably have to pay again for UAPP. This, I think should it work, would be my preferred choice of setup as I can then control the Zidoo with my Harmony Remote.

Hoping for some more help please - thanks again in advance

May 20, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #4,830 of 6,159
Tried yesterday to get things to work, with some success. However immediately saw a lot of buffering and indeed I struggled to get DSD files to play. I put this down to connecting to my network via wifi. My media player is a Zidoo Z1000 Pro, this has USB Audio capability btw. But at the moment the USB is connected to my Samsung Tablet. My DAC is this one - details here: -

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32895957403.html - it may be necessary to translate as the site is in native Dutch. I have the "Gold Bundle 2" DAC which has the Amanero USB card. Using a laptop with Foobar 2000 works brilliant, utilising the Windows drivers (AISO?) downloaded and installed from the Amenero website and connected to my network via ethernet. The DAC is then fed (via its RCA outs) into my Vintage amp - a Sugden A48 mkII, described as a "Vintage British Amp On Steroids" :slight_smile: , which I've had since new in 1981. Got a bit of hum to sort out (ground loop, I think)) but it sounds awesome.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Tablet on which I've installed UAPP. I have acquired some alternative settings to try but I'm doubtful they will work any better than the ones I'm currently using.

So I'm wondering if I install UAPP on my Zidoo (its's Android based) and is connected to my Network via ethernet, whether I'll get better performance? What do people think? I realise I'll probably have to pay again for UAPP. This, I think should it work, would be my preferred choice of setup as I can then control the Zidoo with my Harmony Remote.

Hoping for some more help please - thanks again in advance

If you have paid for UAPP, you can install it on multiple devices as long as they have Play Store. I may be a little confused on exactly what you are trying to do however as installing UAPP on your server (Zidoo) isn't going to have any effect on a remote client (S4 Tablet). You may find that UPNP works better than SMB but if your wifi network is the weak link, nothing may help. I'm not sure what the Harmony remote has to do with the tablet either. If you are trying to control everything from the Zidoo, you could install BubbleUPnP as a DLNA server/control point on the Zidoo and run UAPP in DLNA renderer mode on the S4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back