USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 21, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #4,831 of 6,159
Hi yes, I have paid for UAPP through Play Store, just wondered if it covers multiple devices, which you have confirmed. Let me simplify what I'm wanting to do: -

1. At the moment I play my music files via UAPP on my S4 Tablet. The files are stored on an internal HDD in my media player and I'm reaching out to these on my Network connected via WiFi. I am experiencing bad stuttering. I'm getting circa 20/30 Mbps.
  2. However I want to try installing UAPP on my Media Player (which is Android 7 based and allows for USB Audio playback) and play the files in the same internal drive, given my media player is connected via ethernet. The media player (a Zidoo Z1000 Pro) has a built-in Music App which also can play these files but it has restrictions and I'm not sure if I'm getting the most out of my music playing them this way.
  3. In the above I'm connecting my USB DAC either to my Tablet (in 1.) or my Zidoo (in 2.) and from there to my Vintage Amp via stereo RCA.

I'm hoping if I can set up as in 2. that connectivity will be more robust and will allow me to better compare playback via my Zidoo's Music Player and playback via UAPP installed as an App.

Hope I'm making more sense :slight_smile:

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #4,832 of 6,159
Hi yes, I have paid for UAPP through Play Store, just wondered if it covers multiple devices, which you have confirmed. Let me simplify what I'm wanting to do: -

1. At the moment I play my music files via UAPP on my S4 Tablet. The files are stored on an internal HDD in my media player and I'm reaching out to these on my Network connected via WiFi. I am experiencing bad stuttering. I'm getting circa 20/30 Mbps.
  2. However I want to try installing UAPP on my Media Player (which is Android 7 based and allows for USB Audio playback) and play the files in the same internal drive, given my media player is connected via ethernet. The media player (a Zidoo Z1000 Pro) has a built-in Music App which also can play these files but it has restrictions and I'm not sure if I'm getting the most out of my music playing them this way.
  3. In the above I'm connecting my USB DAC either to my Tablet (in 1.) or my Zidoo (in 2.) and from there to my Vintage Amp via stereo RCA.

I'm hoping if I can set up as in 2. that connectivity will be more robust and will allow me to better compare playback via my Zidoo's Music Player and playback via UAPP installed as an App.

Hope I'm making more sense :slight_smile:

All you can do is try. Can you install UAPP to the Z1000 from the Play Store? I'm not familiar with the specifics of your media player but if you can install UAPP and connect your DAC via USB, you should be able to test and see if it works. You won't be using the network at all in this configuration, all local.

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #4,834 of 6,159
Done it years back...

Y5LRFSh.jpg

Install UAPP locally on your Zidoo Android box
Attach DAC on Android box via USB
Configure UAPP to access local files on your HDD

To control Android Box I am using Teamviewer. Teamviewer Host on Android box. To control I use TeamViewer Remote Control on Phone/Tablet or TeamViewer for Win on Laptop. Use it also to control other media like video/streaming say thru Kodi (I use MXPlayer for playing videos).

image.png

20 to 30 mb/s on network are typical for samba...

Now, I moved my media to a proper NAS so that every devices of mine could access it independently.

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #4,835 of 6,159
Hey @m-i-c-k-e-y ! - I've just finished installing Play Store and Uapp and I'm blown away! And thank you @rlw6534 too for your help here. Quality from my vintage amp is really quite remarkable - when I used to have it rigged up in the 80's it never sounded so good through my Spendor BC1's as it sounds as I write this! Biggest issue is controlling using the Bluetooth remote - I've rigged a temporary mouse up which works but is a complete phaff. Coupled with this is the remote also seems to be trying to control my DAC too which is constantly switching inputs and filters.

So I'm going to download Teamviewer - could you explain again in more simple steps what I need to do please? How does Teamviewer work? - do you set it to control apps, in my case installed on my Zidoo (what you are calling the android box, I think?). And then use it's remote app on say my Smart Phone? If it manages not to control my DAC, then this sounds perfect!

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #4,836 of 6,159
Congratulations!

Teamviewer will let you control your Zidoo Media Player remotely thru another device. It will not control your DAC.
- In your Zidoo Media Player install Teamviewer Host from PLay Store. Register with your email and copy the assigned Device Code
- In your Samsung Tablet, Install TeamViewer Remote Control from Play Store. Register with the email you used with Zidoo. Access Zidoo from you tablet by using the Device Code provided before. Same procedure in your PC/Laptop by using Teamviewer for Win.

Use the same WIFI/Local Network to communicate with your devices.

Use your tablet to play music via UAPP or play videos (attach HDMI port of your TV to Zidoo) via your preferred media app.

Enjoy your new home theater/stereo setup.

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #4,838 of 6,159
These are exactly the things why I am using UAPP w/ an Android TV Box to drive my DAC.
It can beat your network streamer/server at a fraction the cost. Add a DDC along w/ LPS and will become a top notch system.

Of course there are other cost effective alternatives like PI2AES or Allo USBRIDGE SIG to the Android Box+LPS+DDC config.
But they don't have the versatility and ease of use of the former.

I've just finished installing Play Store and Uapp and I'm blown away!

Quality from my vintage amp is really quite remarkable - when I used to have it rigged up in the 80's it never sounded so good through my Spendor BC1's as it sounds as I write this!

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #4,839 of 6,159
Getting out this week end shortly to celebrate son's 40th, given lock down has eased here in UK, so it'll be Monday before I install Teamviewer - had a look on their site and for personal purposes it's free software :) So this will be the way I shall go.

May 23, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #4,842 of 6,159
Yes indeed. Multiple profiles. Saved in app though, not externally so has to be re-entered if you switch phones.
Thanks that’s perfect, I only use uapp on one device and only very occasionally switch headphones so that’s perfect. I’ll pay for the in app purchase and have a play later. Curious how it improves the KZ’s

May 23, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #4,843 of 6,159
Thanks that’s perfect, I only use uapp on one device and only very occasionally switch headphones so that’s perfect. I’ll pay for the in app purchase and have a play later. Curious how it improves the KZ’s

Not sure if this matters to you, but you won't be able to use EQ and MQA at the same time (MQA requires bitperfect).

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #4,844 of 6,159
Done it years back...

To control Android Box I am using Teamviewer. Teamviewer Host on Android box. To control I use TeamViewer Remote Control on Phone/Tablet or TeamViewer for Win on Laptop.

Well I've lreally struggled to get anywhere with this combo - even tried other software! All I seem to be able to achieve is "casting" what's on my Zidoo to my Tablet because the tablet doesn't respond to the touch or even the built in keyboard. I've installed Teamviewer Host on the Zidoo ok but when I install Teamviewer Remote on the Tablet, it installs Teamviewer. I did persevere and have managed to set up an account and registered an account in which I've registered the Zidoo. But do I need to register the Tblet too? Setup is very confusing. I have connected the two devices once but as I've said the Tablet's view of the Zidoo's screen is not reposnsive in any way.

I really need something though because controlling Uapp on the Zidoo is hopeless. I need both a mouse and the Zidoo's Bluetooth remote to get anywhere with Uapp and as indicated already the remote interacts with the DAC hopelessly! Maybe I'm trying to install the wrong software on the Tablet. There seem to be so many different Teamviewer programs adding to my confusion.

Any advices please?

May 24, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #4,845 of 6,159
Maybe so..
But do I need to register the Tblet too? Setup is very confusing.

Any advices please?

Followed mostly the online tutotials found on YT.

WIll post again when I'll get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back