USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 24, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #4,847 of 6,159
I’ve just got a Redmi Note 9T to run with UAPP. It works fine with dongles (e.g. S9) which have no volume control. With the S8 (which has volume control) the dongle is initialised but no sound plays and the ‘hardware volume’ shows left and right, but no master volume. Has anyone got any ideas please?

May 25, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #4,848 of 6,159
Maybe so..

Followed mostly the online tutotials found on YT.

WIll post again when I'll get home.
Thanks - I'm finding these are slanted towards Windows machines and no reference towards Android at all. Given the amount of time I've spent on all this, I am sticking with Teamviewer and have raised a question on their "General Questions" Forum. I'll wait and see what I get. To be honest though, it should be much easier than I'm finding.

May 25, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #4,849 of 6,159
I am re-evaluating the steps I gave to you...comparing the ones in my Android TV box.

Seems all fine except that at the first part fater installing TeamViewer Host in your Zidoo Media Player, you need to install also its TeamViewer Quicksupport Add-on. The TeamViewer Host program will prompt you to download and install..

The rest I think is spot on...

Congratulations!

Teamviewer will let you control your Zidoo Media Player remotely thru another device. It will not control your DAC.
- In your Zidoo Media Player install Teamviewer Host from PLay Store. Register with your email and copy the assigned Device Code
- In your Samsung Tablet, Install TeamViewer Remote Control from Play Store. Register with the email you used with Zidoo. Access Zidoo from you tablet by using the Device Code provided before. Same procedure in your PC/Laptop by using Teamviewer for Win.

Use the same WIFI/Local Network to communicate with your devices.

Use your tablet to play music via UAPP or play videos (attach HDMI port of your TV to Zidoo) via your preferred media app.

Enjoy your new home theater/stereo setup.

May 26, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #4,850 of 6,159
I am re-evaluating the steps I gave to you...comparing the ones in my Android TV box.

Seems all fine except that at the first part fater installing TeamViewer Host in your Zidoo Media Player, you need to install also its TeamViewer Quicksupport Add-on. The TeamViewer Host program will prompt you to download and install..

Thank you so much! I believe I'm getting there now with your help. Earlier I managed to get a connection and was able to control my Zidoo! But it was very clunky. I was constantly going from my Tablet to the Zidoo. The idea is to switch my equipment on and then relax in my armchair, not having to get up again until I wish to switch everything off. So what I am striving to do now is "assign" the Zidoo device and set it as a trusted device which I have done before before I deleted everything to start over and set Teamviewer to open on startup. That way I can then hopefully get my Tablet (whilst sat in my armchair lol) to open and play my music via UAPP. At the moment things are set so that I make a manual connection which is causing me no end of issues, using my remote and mouse. Do you think this is possible?

May 29, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #4,851 of 6,159
I've owned UAPP for a few years now but for the life of me cannot find a gapless setting. Can someone explain how UAPP utilizes gapless playback?

Is it just usable in ones local library?

Can it be used in streaming such as Tidal?

Is there a setting somewhere in settings that's ticked off? Or is it simply automatic? If the latter I don't see any evidence of it when playing local or streaming files.

I've got the latest version of UAPP (v5.9.9.9) on my smartphone (among other playback devices) but it doesn't seem that there is any setting that I can find to enable or disable. Any help appreciated!

May 30, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #4,852 of 6,159
I've owned UAPP for a few years now but for the life of me cannot find a gapless setting. Can someone explain how UAPP utilizes gapless playback?

Is it just usable in ones local library?

Can it be used in streaming such as Tidal?

Is there a setting somewhere in settings that's ticked off? Or is it simply automatic? If the latter I don't see any evidence of it when playing local or streaming files.

I've got the latest version of UAPP (v5.9.9.9) on my smartphone (among other playback devices) but it doesn't seem that there is any setting that I can find to enable or disable. Any help appreciated!
It's always on and works.

May 31, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #4,854 of 6,159
m-i-c-k-e-y said:

Thank you so much! I believe I'm getting there now with your help. Earlier I managed to get a connection and was able to control my Zidoo! But it was very clunky. I was constantly going from my Tablet to the Zidoo. The idea is to switch my equipment on and then relax in my armchair, not having to get up again until I wish to switch everything off. So what I am striving to do now is "assign" the Zidoo device and set it as a trusted device which I have done before before I deleted everything to start over and set Teamviewer to open on startup. That way I can then hopefully get my Tablet (whilst sat in my armchair lol) to open and play my music via UAPP. At the moment things are set so that I make a manual connection which is causing me no end of issues, using my remote and mouse. Do you think this is possible?

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again! Teanviewer is working really well for me now! Thanks again for your support @m-i-c-k-e-y , truly appreciated. Have enjoyed listening to quite a few of my High Def files now both using my Vintage amp and my Yamaha Receiver. It is difficult to compare though - listening through my Vintage amp has adequate bass but listening through my Yamaha - if I set to "Pure Direct" there's hardly any bass but switch it off and play as 2.1, using my Sub, then you can easily argue the sound quality is the best. More listening to do though. But I have a couple of UAPP questions if I may: -

1. My files are stuctured in folders depending on their Sound Quality - ie; DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 and PCM: 24or32/96, 24or32/192/, 24or32/384. Playing PCM files, going from one category to another is absolutely fine. But playing a DSD64 or DSD128 straight afterwards, again is no problem. However if I stop playing say a DSD64 and then play a DSD128, I get really bad distortion. Only way to sort is to play another PCM file for a few seconds and going back to the DSD file - it then plays nicely. Really strange this but feel sure there is a setting or settings that I need to adjust to stop this? To be sure though it isn't stuttering, just really bad distortion. Switching the tracks, resulting in this distortion, causes a loud "pop" through the speakers, if this helps diagnose.
  2. I am getting really bad stuttering when playing DSD256 files. This isn't related to 1. above. I have adjusted the buffering setting to "1024" (not sure if I should go higher) but it hasn't improved things. Is there another setting I can adjust to try and sort this please?

Thanks again for staying with me and hope someone can help me some more please.

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #4,855 of 6,159
Try increasing buffere size settings found in USB Audio Tweaks to 16384.

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #4,856 of 6,159
Question: Does or will UAPP support Apple Music on Android?

Jun 1, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #4,857 of 6,159
Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #4,858 of 6,159
Try increasing buffere size settings found in USB Audio Tweaks to 16384.

I have managed at long last to try out your suggestion but sadly I'm still having issues with my DSD Files. I feel sure the "pop" as mentioned in my previous post gives a clue on what is happening. Regarding playing DSD256 files, I believe my issue is that my Amanero Combo 384 USB card, installed in my external USB DAC is the limitation. Seems you can get DSD256 and DSD512 files to play using the windows drivers that Amanero supply and indeed I have managed to play them on a borrowed laptop, using Foobar2000. It would be awesome if the card could be made to play these files though using my Android Tablet. Any more suggestions please anyone?

Jun 6, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #4,859 of 6,159
I am trying to get away from Tidal and their forcing MQA on us, but I cannot find a good alternative that is supported by UAPP. I cannot get Qobuz (in Canada), and Deezer is not supported (nor is Primephonic nor Idagio - I’m into classical).

Any suggestions?

Jun 6, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #4,860 of 6,159
Also, are there any devices (Android, Apple, or standalone streamers) that actually output bitperfect streams from music services like Tidal or Primephonic? I have tried so many, and none sound as good as my Android using UAPP. Most don’t even register on my DAC as being anything other than 44.1/16 regardless of the stated stream resolution.

This is all so frustrating...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back