USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 28, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #4,801 of 6,219

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210428-202414.png
    Screenshot_20210428-202414.png
    402 KB · Views: 0
Apr 28, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #4,802 of 6,219
Thanks.
It would have been great to be able to stream the EQ'ed music to another client.
Bubbleupnp does support Tidal (and Qobuz). I believe the eq would need to be done on the client device itself, but it may vary. I tried with my Denon receiver and there is no eq option in bubbleupnp for that client. Note that when playing locally on my DAP, there is an option for eq which loads the android system equalizer panel. Sorry if I'm not much help.
Thanks.
It would have been great to be able to stream the EQ'ed music to another client.

Apr 28, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #4,803 of 6,219
Thanks! And i've got the latest release and works now after changing the configuration. That's awesome!

The new version hasn't showed up for me yet, but I'm not sure how Google Play works on offering updates. Out of curiosity, what is your version number now?

Apr 29, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #4,805 of 6,219
It shows v5.9.9.6 and the configuration was told by another experienced m3x user. I only get it from google play directly.

OK. That's not the M3X updated version, yet. With the upcoming version, no configuration is needed, other than bitperfect.

Apr 29, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #4,806 of 6,219
Thanks.

Thanks.

I did discover that UAPP has a DLNA server that starts with the renderer service. Unfortunately, there is no control of clients from UAPP, so you still can't eq (or even start and stop) what is playing remotely.

May 1, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #4,808 of 6,219
May 8, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #4,809 of 6,219
Hello all. Question about the FiiO X7.

Has anyone ever gone thru one or more of the verification steps under "VERIYFING THE CORRECT WORKING OF THE DRIVER" on the hires audio driver page with the X7?
https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/hires-audio-driver

Hoping to save time from having to do it myself if this is already known, is why I ask.

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #4,810 of 6,219
Does the developer of UAPP respond in this thread? If so, is there a reason Deezer is not supported? I have searched online, and emailed the developer, but I cannot get an answer.

I currently use Tidal, but am geting frustrated with the lesser sounding MQA being pushed on me instead of 44.1/16. Often, both are available, and invariably 44.1/16 sounds better to me than MQA (I’m using Chord’s HMS and TT2). But more and more tracks and albums are only available in MQA. Tidal will not respond to my question about giving us the option of avoiding MQA. At least with Deezer you know it is always 44.1/16. But Deezer without UAPP is not even in the same ballpark as Tidal with UAPP.

May 8, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #4,811 of 6,219
Does the developer of UAPP respond in this thread? If so, is there a reason Deezer is not supported? I have searched online, and emailed the developer, but I cannot get an answer.

I currently use Tidal, but am geting frustrated with the lesser sounding MQA being pushed on me instead of 44.1/16. Often, both are available, and invariably 44.1/16 sounds better to me than MQA (I’m using Chord’s HMS and TT2). But more and more tracks and albums are only available in MQA. Tidal will not respond to my question about giving us the option of avoiding MQA. At least with Deezer you know it is always 44.1/16. But Deezer without UAPP is not even in the same ballpark as Tidal with UAPP.

It's been a while, but Davey does answer questions and post here every so often.
He can be reached at: support@extreamsd.com
Deezer doesn't have a paid API, but they will consider developer partner agreements - https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360011538897-Deezer-FAQs-for-developers
Have you tried the Qobuz service that UAPP does support?
For me, there's more music that I enjoy listening to, than on Tidal - so I switched subscriptions.
It seems like a lot of their music is streamed in CD quality (which may work better over WiFi).

May 8, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #4,813 of 6,219
I’ll try to contact him again. We will see.

As far as Qobuz, I’d love to try it, but it’s not available in Canada.

May 9, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #4,814 of 6,219
He said “it's technically not possible. We need access to the actual audio data and the stream of Deezer is encrypted and the SDK only allows remote playback of tracks in their own app.” So, won’t happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back