USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Feb 29, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #3,526 of 6,156
In this case, UAPP becomes available to everyone without any payment. The next day, the * apk file will appear on the network, on Russian forums and torrents.
I do not think this is the right decision.
No. Were hoping for a similarly secure alternate method of authentication of payment for the application, than the Play Store.

Feb 29, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #3,528 of 6,156
I think the trial version is already available as apk so it could already have been hacked.
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=559635&view=findpost&p=93622523

Translation from Russian:
"And how to run it at all? What is the point here to spread apk if they do not start? The installed application does not start at all, if you clone in an isolated environment it starts but immediately swears at the lack of a license. Some kind of super impenetrable protection" :beyersmile:

Mar 1, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #3,531 of 6,156
I will answer myself (maybe it will be useful to someone) :)

I reinstalled the program and now Samba works fine.
Why samba?
For me, Samba is much more convenient than UPnP/DLNA. I have about 6 TB of music files on four HDDs connected to the NAS server, all folders are named according to "Artist - Album Year (Format)". Many albums are available in several versions in different quality (CD, Hi-Res, DSD) and are located on different hard drives. The media library will unite them all and it will be difficult to understand where is which option. Therefore, folder navigation is preferable for me.
In addition, when playing files using the SMB protocol, the album cover is displayed (when UPnP, I do not see it).
A bit off topic but are your files on SSD's or HDD's? I've had so many HDD failures, I'm leery of buying more but SSD prices haven't dropped enough to go all-in on that type of storage.

Mar 1, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #3,533 of 6,156
A bit off topic but are your files on SSD's or HDD's? I've had so many HDD failures, I'm leery of buying more but SSD prices haven't dropped enough to go all-in on that type of storage.
Yes, I have three HDDs of 3.5 and two HDDs of 2.5. Two of them inside the "NAS" and three external drives are connected to its USB ports. Such an inexpensive QNAP TS-231P.

Mar 2, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #3,536 of 6,156
Has anyone noticed that the app isnt on the Play store anymore? Or is it just me.
It's still there!
1583165619048.png

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #3,540 of 6,156
This app is simply awesome! It's so easy to switch between Qobuz and Tidal within the user interface and a lot quicker.

I hardly ever use Neutron anymore since switching to UAPP. The only drawback or bug I've encountered is that UPnP playback fails whenever a long audio track is streamed from my Foobar 2k server. I'll have to contact Davy about that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back