USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 7, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #63 of 6,175
I am using UAPP with PIPO m7 tablet and SB x Fi  HD USB card and  just do not want to take headphones off.. Outstanding sound quality, better then any of my previous combinations of  laptop with.xfi, rpac, roland ua 101 and all the known players (Foobar, Bughead , Jie)

I could not get ARcam rpac to work. UAPP detects the Rpac but shuts down.

Thanks developers.

Felix

May 7, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #64 of 6,175
  i tried folder mode but my sdcards music folder shows no files?!

Note that the folder sdcard is actually the INTERNAL storage. Google messed that up big time!
Indeed you need to look for extsdcard or usb_storage etc. for accessing external sd cards (things you can physically remove). Unfortunately, every manufacturer calls these directories differently.

May 7, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #65 of 6,175
  I am using UAPP with PIPO m7 tablet and SB x Fi  HD USB card and  just do not want to take headphones off.. Outstanding sound quality, better then any of my previous combinations of  laptop with.xfi, rpac, roland ua 101 and all the known players (Foobar, Bughead , Jie)

Thanks developers.

Felix

Hi Felix,

I am not sure if you already have done so, but could you send me an email at info AT extreamsd.com so we can have a look at your ARcam?

May 7, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #66 of 6,175

Thanks developers.

Felix

I completely agree with you!!!

This player sounds like no other in clarity and refinement without any excess, just pure clean sound.

I am a purest, and this can never be beaten by any player while connected thru USB.

I just remembered the day I informed Davy about Headfi and what potential it would bring him, but never thought it would be that big.

Well done Davy.

Well done.

May 9, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #68 of 6,175
anyone use this app with the solo -db?

I tried but it was a little too fiddly for me. By the time I wanted to try the next test the trial expired - so I never got it working. It is supposed to work with the dB though according to the Cypherlabs Support page.

May 9, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #70 of 6,175

What phone were you using?

Galaxy J SC-02F (Docomo version) - 4.3. Funnily the Google Music Player works with some other USB DACs (e.g. Tralucent DAC/Amp & I think Apex Glacier...need to double check the latter) with just an OTG USB cable. But with the dB no luck so far. I'm reluctant to buy UAPP yet as it (at least with the trial) still seems a  little fiddly for me at least.

May 9, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #73 of 6,175

Hi Davy,

Which Anroid phones tend to work best with your app? (most reliable, stable, etc.)

Thanks

My S4 is stable, although I would like to get the note3     :3

Nice thing about Samsung is it will recognize the external DAC without extra tweaking.

Check out this thread, all your info should be there.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/4635

May 9, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #74 of 6,175

Hi Davy,

Which Anroid phones tend to work best with your app? (most reliable, stable, etc.)

Thanks

That's hard to tell. All I know is that the S3 is least reliable because it tends to switch the cpu frequency very often when the screen is off which leads to massive delays for our user-space thread (read: glitches!).

May 10, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #75 of 6,175
Got rPac working with UAPP on my tablet. Lucky to read this post "https://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg30311.html"

Code:
 Right, I've been puzzling over this problem for the past month, as I tried to get Raspyfi to recognise my rPAC correctly. Like you, if the device was connected at boot up, nothing would play - Raspyfi was frozen. If I connected the device after boot it simply wasn't recognised by alsamixer (F6 / output device etc). I now know why. By default the rPAC is a USB audio 1 device - this is make it a Plug & Play device in Windows - no driver required. Hence the 96/24 limitation. However the rPAC can be forced to boot as a USB audio 2 device. Simply hold down the volume up & down buttons as you plug in the USB plug to the RPi (in my case into a powered USB hub connected to the Pi). Then power up the Pi. Start playing something from the playlist. At first you'll hear nothing - just press volume up button on the rPAC and behold..............! So

Followed the procedure and it works. Fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back