USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Feb 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #31 of 6,157
Any eta for folder view? I mean who bothers tagging their music. Life is too short. 
Currently finding my music takes ages though lol! ironic. 

Obsessives like me tag music :)

Can't imagine not being able to genre shuffle etc

In relation to Bubble UPnP - it has the option to select the video player, but doesn't have the option to select the music player on Android. Perhaps we should ask the developer to make that an option?

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #33 of 6,157
Hey Davy, just wanted to say I love your app- being able to plug in an external DAC/Amp is a HUGE upgrade in my portable music listening experience! Is there any chance we'll see an EQ or sound processing of some sort? Is this even possible? SQ is fantastic overall but it'd be nice if I could tweak the output a bit 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #34 of 6,157
  Hey Davy, just wanted to say I love your app- being able to plug in an external DAC/Amp is a HUGE upgrade in my portable music listening experience! Is there any chance we'll see an EQ or sound processing of some sort? Is this even possible? SQ is fantastic overall but it'd be nice if I could tweak the output a bit 
smily_headphones1.gif

Possible, yes, but that will take a long time. Folder playback is highest priority for UAPP.

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #35 of 6,157

Possible, yes, but that will take a long time. Folder playback is highest priority for UAPP.

That's great to hear.  I'm ready to purchase UAPP once folder playback is added.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #36 of 6,157
  I am quite intrigued by this. I use BubbleUPnP as well with an Android mini PC, except in my case I have my music on an external drive attached to the mini PC by USB. I use my phone or tablet as a controller to play through my speakers, or if listening on headphones, just use the mini PC/external drive as the library and my phone or tablet as a renderer. I have just looked through all the settings in BubbleUPnP and although I can see where to choose a player for video, I can't find anything to allow me to play through another audio player. Have I misunderstood the above or can you point me/us to where in the settings , another app for audio can be chosen ?

After reading your post, I went back and looked at it, and apparently I was completely mistaken. The ability to set the default video player is there, but not audio. I went to the dev's XDA thread to post the feature request, and saw that someone had already beaten me to it, and that the dev had said it's not possible to play more than one audio file at once when using an external application, unlike video (link). I explained our interest and asked if it would be possible with the use of playlists, but the dev hasn't had a chance to reply yet. 

My apologies for the incorrect information. 

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #37 of 6,157

After reading your post, I went back and looked at it, and apparently I was completely mistaken. The ability to set the default video player is there, but not audio. I went to the dev's XDA thread to post the feature request, and saw that someone had already beaten me to it, and that the dev had said it's not possible to play more than one audio file at once when using an external application, unlike video (link). I explained our interest and asked if it would be possible with the use of playlists, but the dev hasn't had a chance to reply yet.

My apologies for the incorrect information.

None needed, I'm just happy to discuss this use case with others. If the interoperabilty we're seeking is limited by a lack of capabilities in android I think our only option is to request (beg?) BubbleUPNP to publish/share the needed APIs to work w/ BubbleUPNP server and then request (plead?) UAPP to integrate with them.

Feb 26, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #38 of 6,157
Yeah, I've requested it from the dev, and if that doesn't work, I'm prepared to beg :wink:. Saw your post over there as well, thanks for jumping in!

Anybody else that's interested in being able to use an uber-cheap Android mini-PC as a possibly high-quality streaming alternative to Auraliti et al might want to jump on the link to the XDA forum and request that bubbleguum (the developer) build in the ability to stream to whatever media application we want-- or, at the very least, just USBPP :wink:

Mar 2, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #39 of 6,157
Okay guys, I have some pretty exciting news to share: it looks like there's a way to share external hard drives with an Android device

Tried this with DS File on my phone connecting to my Synology NAS - works the same. That means I can stream my whole collection anywhere in the world where I have an Internet connection. Setup incredibly simple, need A Synology NAS, DS File app, UAPP and the USB DAC/amp of your choice.

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #40 of 6,157
Tried this with DS File on my phone connecting to my Synology NAS - works the same. That means I can stream my whole collection anywhere in the world where I have an Internet connection. Setup incredibly simple, need A Synology NAS, DS File app, UAPP and the USB DAC/amp of your choice.

Which Synology model are you running? I've been meaning to pick one up anyway, and this just seals the deal.

Mar 2, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #41 of 6,157
Which Synology model are you running? I've been meaning to pick one up anyway, and this just seals the deal.

DS412+ with 12TB of WD Red drives in it.

Worth bearing in mind of course that using this method for playback means only individual track selection, and streaming FLAC outside the home with this solution requires a reasonable upload speed at home.

Mar 2, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #42 of 6,157
DS412+ with 12TB of WD Red drives in it.

Worth bearing in mind of course that using this method for playback means only individual track selection, and streaming FLAC outside the home with this solution requires a reasonable upload speed at home.

Definitely! Thanks. I'm setting a Slickdeals alert for that model now. Hope to catch it the next time Amazon does one of its 30% off Synology NAS sales.

Mar 2, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #43 of 6,157
Wow, just trying the Dragonfly 1.2 with my T5p and UAPP - man with the volume controls in UAPP it can go really loud. Great SQ and perfect form factor for this use, being basically an in-line DAC and amp in one.

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #44 of 6,157
Very, very cool, NZTF!! Now if only JRMC's Android app (Gizmo) would allow the usage of another player like UAPP... I'd be set!

Mar 22, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #45 of 6,157
Does anybody have a solution for lack of choosing music by folders?  This is the most wanted feature for me, being able to play albums via folders, and it recognizing albums organized in folders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back