USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Mar 23, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #46 of 6,179
+1 

Davey has been promising this feature. But let's keep the pressure on! Couldn't take long to programme that surely. 

Personally I can't recommend usb player to my mates until it has this feature. 

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #48 of 6,179
hi all,

is there a volume control with the smartphone's volume keys on the last UAPP ?

Can we set the USB transfer to 24bit even the audio file is 16bit (in order to use the volume without digital loss) ?

I use a HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 Asynchronous USB DAC witch have no volume control. It works fine with the UAPP trial version and a ZTE V965 (V967S also) but I have to use the mixer to change the volume.

sorry for my english.
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #49 of 6,179
If the DAC doesn't have a electronic volume control built in like the Dragonfly that includes a chip that you can control the analog volume via software, there is no reason why it would.  There is two options for volume control software and hardware.  I use hardware for my dragonfly and it works.  Possibly if you use the software for yours, it may work also.

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #50 of 6,179
I have no hardware volume control on my hifimediy DAC : I have to use the digital volume (software) : but the UAPP trial version has no software volume, the phone volume button doesn't work with USBAudioPlayerPROTrial_1.1.0.apk  (trial version). The only way to change software volume is to use the mixer : choose parameters button, choose mixer and move the two slidders. this is not very easy.

What do you have on the paid version ? I need the ability to use physical volume controls on the phone to drive numéric volume and not to have to go to the mixer parameters to change the volume. or at least a volume slider on the main screen.

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #51 of 6,179
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear.  What I mean by hardware volume control is that the external DAC such as the dragonfly has a built-in IC for analog volume control that can be controlled by UAPP's software if you pick the option under settings since there is no physical buttons on the dragonfly.

I'm thinking that the hifimediy does not have a built in analog volume control IC, so it cannot be controlled by UAPP software.

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #52 of 6,179
  +1 

Davey has been promising this feature. But let's keep the pressure on! Couldn't take long to programme that surely. 

Personally I can't recommend usb player to my mates until it has this feature. 

I finally started working on it. It is currently playing back from a folder, but since I had to take the backbone of this app out and replace it with something else, there is probably going to be heaps of bugs, so if you want to test it out before release, let me know.

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #53 of 6,179
A very welcome feature, Davey! Thanks for continuing to make this app even better!! :)

May 3, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #54 of 6,179
Is the "bought" version just as limited as the trial regarding gui customizing?

looks like uaap is my only option getting sound out of my dragonfly when connecting it to my htc one(m7) without changing to a custom rom.
It sounds great (think thats because the dragonfly just sounds great) but i can´t stand the user interface of uaap, the default skin looks like straight out of the early 2000`s and it´s wasting so much information on the screen ( only got 2 and a half songs listed in landscape mode with a 1920x1080 screen res )

is it possible to customize the gui with the bought pro version?
didn´t see any option using skins.. are there some?
are there any eq options which are not listed in the trial version?

as for now, it looks like uaap is only able to use usb audio with a pretty much underwhelming player attached... so are they charging 10$ because they are the only one atm providing a working driver? if the bought pro version is just as limited as the trial version i think i´ll have to get me a custom rom to get poweramp running with my dragonfly..

cheers

May 3, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #55 of 6,179
  Is the "bought" version just as limited as the trial regarding gui customizing?

looks like uaap is my only option getting sound out of my dragonfly when connecting it to my htc one(m7) without changing to a custom rom.
It sounds great (think thats because the dragonfly just sounds great) but i can´t stand the user interface of uaap, the default skin looks like straight out of the early 2000`s and it´s wasting so much information on the screen ( only got 2 and a half songs listed in landscape mode with a 1920x1080 screen res )

is it possible to customize the gui with the bought pro version?
didn´t see any option using skins.. are there some?
are there any eq options which are not listed in the trial version?

as for now, it looks like uaap is only able to use usb audio with a pretty much underwhelming player attached... so are they charging 10$ because they are the only one atm providing a working driver? if the bought pro version is just as limited as the trial version i think i´ll have to get me a custom rom to get poweramp running with my dragonfly..

cheers

Someone else can correct me if I'm mistaken, but yes, to my knowledge the ability to customize the aesthetics of UAPP do not change with the purchased version.

I would offer a slightly different perspective on it, though: until this point, really nobody has made any effort to create an application that finally allows mobile audiophiles the ability to use their Android devices as sources into a wide range of DACs. Davey has started and built this thing from the ground up, and as we are still relatively early in the process (UAPP still has a ways to go before it's first birthday, if I recall correctly), there are still a number of things that can be (and doubtless will be) incorporated into the application itself. Given that there are still functional and feature opportunities with the application, it looks like Davey has opted to focus his efforts on making the app work better rather than look better at the moment-- an emphasis I tend to agree with. 

Ultimately, it would be awesome if UAPP was completely finished, had every feature and capability that it ever will, and thus had already been polished up from a UI perspective. But realistically, all of those things take time, and Davey is (to my knowledge) the only person working to bring us this functionality. The app keeps getting better as time goes on, and I would expect that at some point most of the features and functions we hope for will be incorporated, and that the UI might get a little facelift. But ultimately, I'm happy that the app exists, that someone is working on it to make it better, and that (in the grand scheme of things) it's so affordable to have. 

You are, of course, free to have whatever opinion you'd like, and spend your money where you please. I just think that this is still very early going for the app, and that we're progressing at a reasonable pace towards making it even better, and thought I'd share my point of view. 

Cheers!

May 3, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #56 of 6,179

Someone else can correct me if I'm mistaken, but yes, to my knowledge the ability to customize the aesthetics of UAPP do not change with the purchased version.

I would offer a slightly different perspective on it, though: until this point, really nobody has made any effort to create an application that finally allows mobile audiophiles the ability to use their Android devices as sources into a wide range of DACs. Davey has started and built this thing from the ground up, and as we are still relatively early in the process (UAPP still has a ways to go before it's first birthday, if I recall correctly), there are still a number of things that can be (and doubtless will be) incorporated into the application itself. Given that there are still functional and feature opportunities with the application, it looks like Davey has opted to focus his efforts on making the app work better rather than look better at the moment-- an emphasis I tend to agree with. 

Ultimately, it would be awesome if UAPP was completely finished, had every feature and capability that it ever will, and thus had already been polished up from a UI perspective. But realistically, all of those things take time, and Davey is (to my knowledge) the only person working to bring us this functionality. The app keeps getting better as time goes on, and I would expect that at some point most of the features and functions we hope for will be incorporated, and that the UI might get a little facelift. But ultimately, I'm happy that the app exists, that someone is working on it to make it better, and that (in the grand scheme of things) it's so affordable to have. 

You are, of course, free to have whatever opinion you'd like, and spend your money where you please. I just think that this is still very early going for the app, and that we're progressing at a reasonable pace towards making it even better, and thought I'd share my point of view. 

Cheers!

just came here to answer my own question... the trial version is the same as the pro.
i totally understand your point of view and pretty much feel the same.. i bought it to support its future development, maybe one day it meets my requirements... after all, app price is vanishing compared to other spends i did in the hobby... gotta honor the effort

cheers

May 3, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #57 of 6,179

just came here to answer my own question... the trial version is the same as the pro.
i totally understand your point of view and pretty much feel the same.. i bought it to support its future development, maybe one day it meets my requirements... after all, app price is vanishing compared to other spends i did in the hobby... gotta honor the effort

cheers

Thanks for letting us know about the trial vs paid version! And I did the same thing you did-- I bought the app before I could even use it just to make sure I was supporting the developer :wink:. Great minds think alike, I 'spose!! :wink:

May 3, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #58 of 6,179
I've tried the trial version but was disappointed that it didn't support DSD or DoP, was planning to use my S5 as a transport to my Chord Hugo.  Will wait for that to be implemented before I purchase it.

May 4, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #59 of 6,179
Latest version of USB Audio Player PRO, 1.1.3, capable of folder playback:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/4590#post_10515690

I like the possibility to play files:
. not recognized as "audio" by Android like mp4 video files
. stored on a folder on a (2TB) USB drive continuously in shuffle mode: USB DAC and 2TB USB drive connected to a Galaxy Note3 via a battery-powered USB hub.

May 4, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #60 of 6,179
  Latest version of USB Audio Player PRO, 1.1.3, capable of folder playback:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/4590#post_10515690

I like the possibility to play files:
. not recognized as "audio" by Android like mp4 video files
. stored on a folder on a (2TB) USB drive continuously in shuffle mode: USB DAC and 2TB USB drive connected to a Galaxy Note3 via a battery-powered USB hub.

Thanks you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back