USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jun 17, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #4,891 of 6,213
Reminds me as to where I was a couple of years ago with my old Readynas Duo v2. Still a really good NAS for my music. Exactly where you are (were). Google MinimServer and try: - https://www.sonore.us/iso2dsd.html for splitting ISO's to DSF/DFF etc
I am not having trouble playing sacd iso from a laptop using jriver media centra (with the iso files stored on the nas)

Jun 17, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #4,892 of 6,213
"Thank you for contacting us. That is what should automatically happen since UAPP should detect if a USB DAC is a MQA decoder."
So it is not happening with Diablo...
P.S. The source (digital transport for Diablo) is sony nw-a105 DAP on Android 9.
What are you using with the Diablo? I am interested in purchasing one. Also have you tried iem's with it. I'll use mainly headphones with it but I'm just curious.

Jun 17, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #4,893 of 6,213
This eq is very interesting "toneboosters" but the peak filter is missing and I cannot set it with oratorio 1990, how can I do?
instead of the peak filter which filter can I set on toneboosters?

I use the Toneboosters parametric EQ, which I had to purchase with a small fee. For each of the 6 available parametric EQ filters, the system enables the user to select one of a long list of different filter types, including peak type, low frequency shelf and high frequency shelf. If a peak type filter is required, the user can choose the type, between Digital, Analog and another one, a more sophisticated recently developed digital filter. All the parameters (including Q) of the selected filter are displayed at the bottom of the EQ plot display and can be set by the user.

The user can also set the overall gain relative to the default normal of the EQ. The Tonebooster parametric EQ is selected on the page gotten to by selecting the EQ symbol near the right upper corner of the UAPP display. You can select either the built-in non-parametric EQ, or the Toneboosters or none.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #4,895 of 6,213
Anyone have a Pixel 4a? After the latest March update mine just crashes and restarts when I try to use a DAC (tried three different ones) with UAPP. Same with Hiby. Any thoughts? (Have let the Dev know).
Same to me. Still Not fixed.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #4,896 of 6,213
I use the Toneboosters parametric EQ, which I had to purchase with a small fee. For each of the 6 available parametric EQ filters, the system enables the user to select one of a long list of different filter types, including peak type, low frequency shelf and high frequency shelf. If a peak type filter is required, the user can choose the type, between Digital, Analog and another one, a more sophisticated recently developed digital filter. All the parameters (including Q) of the selected filter are displayed at the bottom of the EQ plot display and can be set by the user.

The user can also set the overall gain relative to the default normal of the EQ. The Tonebooster parametric EQ is selected on the page gotten to by selecting the EQ symbol near the right upper corner of the UAPP display. You can select either the built-in non-parametric EQ, or the Toneboosters or none.
thanks, I'm not an expert, I meant instead of the peak filter what do I set in tonebooster?

Attachments

• oratory.jpg
    oratory.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 0
  • tones.png
    tones.png
    317.1 KB · Views: 0
Jun 18, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #4,897 of 6,213
thanks, I'm not an expert, I meant instead of the peak filter what do I set in tonebooster?

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p494/JacentyEsz/Screenshot_2016-08-09-11-14-07-1_zpsqziob2iu.png

This is the Web address for a screenshot image of an example of the UAPP Toneboosters parametric equalizer display page (for filter #2), showing the parameter selections for setting by the user, and the overall response curve for all 6 filters. The parameters to be set in are filter section #, filter type, frequency, gain, and Q. There are also the two Global settings on the upper left of the display, for overall output level relative to default of the EQ (default = 0.0 dB), and gain effect (default = 100%).

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #4,898 of 6,213
I have a question. I previously owned an LG Smartphone and MQA was not needed with UAPP but now I own a Sony (Xperia 5 II) . Is it worth getting the MQA add-on in UAPP . Does it make a difference in audio quality. Thanks!

Jun 20, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #4,900 of 6,213
I have a question. I previously owned an LG Smartphone and MQA was not needed with UAPP but now I own a Sony (Xperia 5 II) . Is it worth getting the MQA add-on in UAPP . Does it make a difference in audio quality. Thanks!
Some would say yes, some would say no. I think it's a question only you can answer, but sorry for the vague reply.

Jun 20, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #4,902 of 6,213
Use Analog bell
I like the analog bell, but also use the digital bell 2. There are subtle differences. The analog bell is as expected smoother and more analog sounding, but it also seems to be a little too smooth, and round off fine details in transient leading edges. The digital bell sounds a little digital, but has the advantage of being more resolved. The sound of the digital bell 2 is a hybrid between the previous two, and is my favorite.

Jun 20, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #4,903 of 6,213
I like the analog bell, but also use the digital bell 2. There are subtle differences. The analog bell is as expected smoother and more analog sounding, but it also seems to be a little too smooth, and round off fine details in transient leading edges. The digital bell sounds a little digital, but has the advantage of being more resolved. The sound of the digital bell 2 is a hybrid between the previous two, and is my favorite.
thanks.

Jun 26, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #4,904 of 6,213
Anyone any thoughts on the likelihood of Apple Music being added to UAPP? It would appear to now be possible thanks to musickit

https://developer.apple.com/musickit/

This could be very sweet if uapp could stream 24/192 lossless from AM and play it back in direct mode…

Jun 27, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #4,905 of 6,213
Anyone any thoughts on the likelihood of Apple Music being added to UAPP? It would appear to now be possible thanks to musickit

https://developer.apple.com/musickit/

This could be very sweet if uapp could stream 24/192 lossless from AM and play it back in direct mode…
1. Apple is not likely to let anyone use their interface. 2. Apple devices don't do any audio resampling like Android does, so for Apple to do anything for Android users is highly unlikely. 3. Apple is Apple - doesn't let anything get out of their control. Tested Apple lossless (my brother has an iPhone 12 Pro Max) and it really does sound better than Tidal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back