USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jul 1, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #4,921 of 6,195
Thanks.
In this case I should See with my Diablo a blue LED, but get only a magenta LED (on the Diablo), which indicates that the Diablo is only a renderer and not a full decoder (at least that is what they told me in the Diablo thread).

Yes you should since Diablo is a Full MQA Decoder. Ask support/Davy at info@extreamsd.com.

Jul 4, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #4,925 of 6,195
Still need UAPP. Looks like Tidal still cannot bypass Android and gets resampled to 16/48 as per display on my L&P W2.

Jul 4, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #4,926 of 6,195
Hi folks. I am having two problems and would love to hear your thoughts on them, I might be missing something.

I own the new Shanling M3X which has native full MQA decoding and I also have my local hi-res playlists with some MQA songs on my micro sd card.

Problem #1:
I can see either blue or green dots with MQA logo when playing MQA songs with my ldac bluetooth headphones. However, I can't see blue/green dots, just MQA logo when listening with wired headphones. Am I doing something wrong. I am using the latest version of the app (v.5.9.9.9). Please see my screenshots below:

Screenshot_20210704-180416.png
Screenshot_20210704-180325.png

(Listening with the bluetooth headphones) (Listening with the wired headphones)

Problem #2:
I used to use BubbleUPnP to access my UAPP player from another android tablet so I don't have to go to my player everytime I want to skip a song or change a playlist etc. (I use my dap as my hifi when I am at home).

However BubbleUPnP cannot connect to UAPP anymore (since I downloaded this lates version on my Shanling M3X). I keep getting this message: "Browse error: Current state of service prevents invoking that action. Connection error or no response received" . I appreciate if someone could point me to the right direction.

cc: @NZtechfreak

Jul 4, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #4,927 of 6,195
Problem #1:
I can see either blue or green dots with MQA logo when playing MQA songs with my ldac bluetooth headphones. However, I can't see blue/green dots, just MQA logo when listening with wired headphones. Am I doing something wrong. I am using the latest version of the app (v.5.9.9.9). Please see my screenshots below:
The answer to this is I'm told, because UAPP has no way of knowing what the DAP's F/W is doing with the MQA stream. If the Shanling does MQA natively then you will be getting fully unfolded audio.

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #4,929 of 6,195
Anyone ever have any issues with UAPP not indexing songs? I'm running UAPP on my DX300 and it's missing tons of songs on whole albums. In the screenshot below you can see the difference of what the Mango app finds vs UAPP. I've tried cleaning the DB and scanning a few times. Any help would be appreciated I actually like the app a lot more but this sucks to deal with. I would say it gets 95% of my library that I've seen. Seems to be an issue with OSTs. I have tried messing with the setting that are for multiple disk albums to no avail. This is all the same device and SD card.

UAPP - Missing most of the songs.
AEri2Sr.jpg

Mango App

pL5U2oz.jpg

Jul 6, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #4,930 of 6,195
I was and still using Folder View. And none of those errors I have encountered. Why not try it.

Jul 6, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #4,931 of 6,195
Anyone ever have any issues with UAPP not indexing songs? I'm running UAPP on my DX300 and it's missing tons of songs on whole albums. In the screenshot below you can see the difference of what the Mango app finds vs UAPP. I've tried cleaning the DB and scanning a few times. Any help would be appreciated I actually like the app a lot more but this sucks to deal with. I would say it gets 95% of my library that I've seen. Seems to be an issue with OSTs. I have tried messing with the setting that are for multiple disk albums to no avail. This is all the same device and SD card.

UAPP - Missing most of the songs.
AEri2Sr.jpg

Mango App

pL5U2oz.jpg
Can you check if that album appears multiple times in UAPP? Or maybe try to scroll up? Perhaps there's a sorting rule in place causing UAPP to display the album tracks like this?

Jul 6, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #4,934 of 6,195
Looks like a 'various artists' issue, maybe? This can happen with UAPP. May be try to retag the files so the artist is the same for all tracks.

The album artist is Various Artists. The track artist is the actual artist of the track. I have tons of OSTs and other compilations that are tagged this way and I have never had any issues in any player before. UAPP actually gets about 95% of my OSTs right. Even the 8 disk compilations but there are a few that for whatever reason won't display all the songs.

Jul 6, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #4,935 of 6,195
The album artist is Various Artists. The track artist is the actual artist of the track. I have tons of OSTs and other compilations that are tagged this way and I have never had any issues in any player before. UAPP actually gets about 95% of my OSTs right. Even the 8 disk compilations but there are a few that for whatever reason won't display all the songs.
Fair enough. Just a thought. Maybe ask the dev. He's pretty responsive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back