USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jul 9, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #4,939 of 6,188
Many thanks for that comprehensive reply. I did tinker with BubbleUPnP on my V30 when I was building an audio system based around a Raspberry Pi as means of remote control/casting.

I'm not sure of the options for iOS at the moment. UAPP is running on my Android DAP. I mainly use an iPhone for day to day (my V30 is really another DAP). I run two apps on my DAP: UAPP and Cayin Music. Last night I managed to get full remote control of my Cayin Music on my DAP using HiByLink running on my iPhone. This works perfectly for controlling Cayin Music on my DAP. I see exactly the same screen as on my DAP.

With HiByLink you're not sending any audio data from the 'remote control device' (iPhone) to the music server (DAP). It's merely controlling playback on the the target instance of Cayin Music.

I'll look into mConnect to see if it's available on iOS to control UAPP. From your description it seems like I'll be sending actual music from the UPnP client app to UAPP that UAPP then does the D-to-A conversion for. I'm wondering if there's a way to control UAPP in a similar way to HiByLink?

Also, many thanks for the 16-bit MQA link. I was wondering what the benefits are, if any, so I'll check that link out.
I have they same question.
I am looking for a way to control UAPP wireless from my iPhone. I do not want to send music from my iPhone to UAPP or music from UAPP to the iPhone, I just want to operate UAPP from my iPhone, like the remote app for Audirvana.
Is this possible?

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #4,940 of 6,188
Jul 10, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #4,941 of 6,188
Thanks, I also saw this thread but that is not what I was searching.
I am using TeamViewer now to remotely control UAPP on my iPhone.

Jul 10, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #4,942 of 6,188
I have they same question.
I am looking for a way to control UAPP wireless from my iPhone. I do not want to send music from my iPhone to UAPP or music from UAPP to the iPhone, I just want to operate UAPP from my iPhone, like the remote app for Audirvana.
Is this possible?
This is a real tough one to do elegantly.

For now I used my iPhone/iPad to remotely control UAPP using mConnect. You have to start the UPnP server in UAPP first. I log in to TIDAL in mConnect and can send music over to UAPP. It's not really a remote control though.

UAPP would be so much better if remote control capability was provided. For example, HiByLink works great between two HiBy Music apps on devices. So it can be done.

Jul 11, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #4,943 of 6,188
Do the "On" and "When Possible" options in Bit Perfect sound different to anyone? Should they?

I'm playing local lossless files off my V30 and I can swear I hear a slight difference in my Er4's tonality though it could be placebo.

For what its worth my phone's ESS DAC remains on with both options.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #4,944 of 6,188
Yes do it. It's not placebo. In fact its one of the best features of UAPP.

Jul 11, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #4,945 of 6,188
Yes do it. It's not placebo. In fact its one of the best features of UAPP.
Yeah its my main reason for not using Poweramp anymore. Too bad because its U.I. is pretty great. UAPP's U.I. is alright while Neutron's is unbearable.

I always leave Bit Perfect to either On of When Possible, never off, though When Possible sounds more natural to me than ON. Since my phone supports many sampling rates and bit depths I figured they would sound the same.

In a way, sub and mid bass for me has more natural slam and body on "When Possible"

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #4,946 of 6,188
I leave my bit-perfect settings to 'When Possible' and this seems to work fine.

On another note, does anyone have a reference to EQ in UAPP. EQ is a subject I've never really looked into. The higher-end headphones appear to have an 'EQ profile' and I was wondering where and how we'd configure UAPP with those headphone profiles, if at all possible.

I know there a Morphit Toneboosters option in UAPP that has some preconfigured headphones, but I don't know if that's the right way of doing EQ in UAPP.

Jul 12, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #4,948 of 6,188
I leave my bit-perfect settings to 'When Possible' and this seems to work fine.

On another note, does anyone have a reference to EQ in UAPP. EQ is a subject I've never really looked into. The higher-end headphones appear to have an 'EQ profile' and I was wondering where and how we'd configure UAPP with those headphone profiles, if at all possible.

I know there a Morphit Toneboosters option in UAPP that has some preconfigured headphones, but I don't know if that's the right way of doing EQ in UAPP.

I've been successfully using the UAPP Toneboosters parametric EQ for a while now. I think it's great actually, if somewhat time consuming to find the right settings of frequency, Q, gain, and filter type for each of 6 filters, especially because they all interact with each other. It does have some other downsides, like disabling Bit Perfect, and it brings in a subtle but annoying "digititis" (slight digital hardness). But in the tradeoff it still does a lot more good than harm.

So I'm exploring another approach - a new inexpensive audiophile grade analog 4-band equalizer made by Schiit, their Loki Mini+. It of course will not introduce digital artifacts, and I will get Bit Perfect, but it will add a little analog coloration and smearing due to having another active transistor buffer and another pair of interconnects in the signal path (it will be placed between the DAC and the headphone amp). And it is much less flexible - the 4 bands' filter type (bell), frequency and Q are fixed. If I remember, the frequencies are 20 Hz, 200, 2000, and 8000. It has a bypass switch for easy comparisons.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #4,950 of 6,188
I really wish they would add the option to have the album year displayed in the now playing page, they added it for the library browsing as an option but not in the now playing? Also would be nice to have the current track number/total tracks displayed. Or give us the ability to customize the now playing screen like in Gonemad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back