USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Feb 14, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #4,456 of 6,181
Quick answer: nope. It will not be bitperfect anymore.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #4,457 of 6,181
Hi

Can you use uapp for offline tidal ? Or you always need have internet

Edit: nvm i found the answer. Its like you need find lego brick but you cant find it but when you dont need it any more its was right frond of you. 😊

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #4,458 of 6,181
I've been loving this IEM on my Shanling M8 for the last few days. I fired it up at work today only to get the message "verification failed cannot connect to server"...I have no internet connection here. Can you not use this in offline mode? This will be a serious and sad deal breaker if so.

Feb 16, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #4,459 of 6,181
UAPP needs to check its validity at least once a day(?). Once done, you could go offline.

"No internet connection..." Even mobile internet (using your CP as Wifi Hub/Tethering for your M8)?

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #4,460 of 6,181
UAPP needs to check its validity at least once a day(?). Once done, you could go offline.

"No internet connection..." Even mobile internet?

What? Once a day? That's brutal if true and would almost ruin this otherwise perfect player for me. I don't have a mobile connection on my DAP.

Feb 16, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #4,461 of 6,181
You have Wifi connection with internet? Use it in your M8.

If not, does you're CP have internet? Use it as a wifi hub. If its android its on Settings>Tethering>Wifi Hub.
Set your DAP's wifi to access you're CP's wifi hub's internet connection.

Well a perfect player needs to insure its validity and not just a copied app.

Feb 17, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #4,462 of 6,181
I’ll add to @Dannemand ’s perfect posts that upsampling does not just introduce slight hiss. The entire frequency range becomes rife with guesswork. And Android’s upsampling process is made to be resource-light so as not to hog system resources, so it’s bad guesswork.

In my experience switching to UAPP vs playing from the Tidal app is like switching to a higher-tier playback device on the spot - you can scratch the word “Pro” on your phone or DAP if you like :yum: I could hardly believe the difference and was smiling like an idiot at how much better, more natural everything sounded. It’s a bigger step than going from 320kbps MP3 to FLAC. The Tidal app as a player has also been measured to introduce high-frequency noise. UAPP gets rid of any and all quantization error.
I'm doing the free trial month with Tidal and in fact the difference between listening directly from the Tidal app and listening from UAPP is remarkable.

Feb 17, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #4,464 of 6,181
Hi everyone! Hoping you can help me. I have UAPP on my Note 10 and I connect an Audeze Cipher (lightnight to USB-C) to my iSine10s. Been working really well, but haven't used it in a few weeks. So, last night I connected it and I didn't get the usual message to start up UAPP. So I went and launched it and got the message, "Allow USB Audio Player PRO to access LZ B Bootloader?" Now, I'm not sure if that's always been the message? Anyway, I click OK and the app starts up. However, the sound only comes out of my Note 10 speakers and not my earphones.

I don't know if I inadvertently changed a setting, but nothing is jumping out at me when going through the menus and such. Anybody know what I might have done? TIA!

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #4,465 of 6,181
Hello I’m using UAPP on a FIIO M11. The navigation is kind of slow and sluggish when I try to switch songs and albums and it takes forever for my album covers to pull up. I have a big music collection over 90k songs and probably 6 thousand albums. Could that be the reason it’s laggy? I don’t have this issue in poweramp or Onkyo HF Player but I prefer UAPP’s sound.
I have the same issue with my collection on my Shanling M8. The scanning of my collection seems to have disappeared when I restart my M8. Some of it is coming back after some time, but it is pretty unsuable like this for large collections on microSD cards. Folder browsing works fine.
Does anyone else have this problem and maybe also a solution?
Turn to manually scanning (as recommended by a UAPP developer) did not help. Scanned on directory only with around 1500 titles. Same problem.
I love the sound of UAPP. Is there any other player that sounds so good? I can live with pure offline usage.

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #4,466 of 6,181
UAPP needs to check its validity at least once a day(?). Once done, you could go offline

Online check seems to be necessary only for the at the first 2 days.
Now I am always offline without this problem. .... (but others :) - see above "large collection")

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #4,467 of 6,181
HI guys , im planning to get the new IFI Diablo DAC/AMP to plug into my LG V50 running UAPP. My question is can i still use the Toneboosters EQ when connected to the Diablo ?.

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #4,468 of 6,181
Hello guys, because I m a new user in UAPP app I need your help/advise.
I m running the app from my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Note 20 ultra) to otg cable to ifi idsd signature for now without any issues.
I m planning to buy a Samsung tablet (A7) to set up only to run for UAPP and tidal mqa.
I have on the road a new dedicated dac (Gustard X16)
The questions is:
1.Is the tablet ok for that use, it s the same as my smartphone.?
Or I need a better quality tablet only for streaming Tidal mqa via UAPP..??
2. Please someone to send me the best settings for the UAPP to have all the benefits from the app for mqa playback.
3. How I can listen off line..???
Enable off line from Tidal app.??

Thank you for your help,
and sorry about my poor writing skills.
I try to write with Google translate.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #4,469 of 6,181
Hello all. I am after a bit of advice about the UI. I have a Fiio M11 attached to an iFi Hip Dac. I am trying to get the best possible sound from both. Can someone explain what the info below means. Is the M11 decoding to 88.2 and then the hip dac unfolding it to 352 24bit or does it mean something else altogether.
thanks in advance for the help
And hope that all makes sense.

AC9C3F79-E7E7-4BFA-93D4-E5564BF0B7BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #4,470 of 6,181
Hello all. I am after a bit of advice about the UI. I have a Fiio M11 attached to an iFi Hip Dac. I am trying to get the best possible sound from both. Can someone explain what the info below means. Is the M11 decoding to 88.2 and then the hip dac unfolding it to 352 24bit or does it mean something else altogether.
thanks in advance for the help
And hope that all makes sense.

This track is is a 352.8 kHz master that has been encoded to 24/44.1 MQA. UAPP is performing the 1st unfold to 88.2 kHz and sending this to the Hip DAC. The Hip DAC is a MQA renderer and is doing the final unfolds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back