USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Feb 21, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #4,472 of 6,142
HI guys , im planning to get the new IFI Diablo DAC/AMP to plug into my LG V50 running UAPP. My question is can i still use the Toneboosters EQ when connected to the Diablo ?.
I don't see why not. If IFI Diablo is in UAPP support list and UAPP can work with it at all.

Thing is, this is newly released DAC/Amp, so it might not be in supported list devices yet.

For this reason is best you ask the developers on their email: info@extreamsd.com

Feb 22, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #4,473 of 6,142
I don't see why not. If IFI Diablo is in UAPP support list and UAPP can work with it at all.

Thing is, this is newly released DAC/Amp, so it might not be in supported list devices yet.

For this reason is best you ask the developers on their email: info@extreamsd.com
ok noted , thanks

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #4,474 of 6,142
I am using UAPP on DX160. Has anyone experienced high battery drain while pausing UAPP overnight? I am trying to eliminate what might be causing extreme battery drain for the last several days on my DX160.

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #4,475 of 6,142
I have the same issue with my collection on my Shanling M8. The scanning of my collection seems to have disappeared when I restart my M8. Some of it is coming back after some time, but it is pretty unsuable like this for large collections on microSD cards. Folder browsing works fine.
Does anyone else have this problem and maybe also a solution?
After some trial and error and help there is a solution:

For whatever reason 1TB SANDISK cards (sometimes) seems to need a different formating in order to make UAPP work on on Shanling M8.
exFat format (original state, in which I bought the SD card) was a mess with UAPP + M8.
With Fat32 UAPP works perfectly fine!

Feb 23, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #4,476 of 6,142
I am using UAPP on DX160. Has anyone experienced high battery drain while pausing UAPP overnight? I am trying to eliminate what might be causing extreme battery drain for the last several days on my DX160.
Do you have Wi-fi on while this happened (internet connection at all to the device)?

I ask because i do noticed similar thing on my phone that i use for playing music only and thus with wi-fi off normally. I think it is somewhat related with the google services (or it might be).

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #4,477 of 6,142
Do you have Wi-fi on while this happened (internet connection at all to the device)?

I ask because i do noticed similar thing on my phone that i use for playing music only and thus with wi-fi off normally. I think it is somewhat related with the google services (or it might be).
No wifi .. no BT... tested it and in an hour with no screen on i have a drain of 14% battery playing flac from the 4.4mm balanced output .. Volume at around 40

Feb 23, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #4,478 of 6,142
Hey everyone! I've been scouring these forums for an answer for what I am seeing with MQA files in UAPP vs. TIDAL. I've seen many posts where the reported KHz in the info bar at the top of the screen is different in each app. I occasionally see a post where someone reports it is working fine for them (even on the same DAP I'm using). Obviously this is confusing, but here is an example of what UAPP reports:

UAPP_MQA_DX300.png

This is the same track in TIDAL:

TIDAL_MQA_DX300.png

This is on the iBasso DX300, but I see the same on the Shanling M8. I've tried various UAPP settings that I have seen posted, but they don't make a difference. Note that while it shouldn't matter for these DAPs, I do have the MQA add-on for UAPP.

So, am I doing something wrong? Are these DAPs just not fully supported yet?

Thanks,
TM

Feb 23, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #4,479 of 6,142
Hey everyone! I've been scouring these forums for an answer for what I am seeing with MQA files in UAPP vs. TIDAL. I've seen many posts where the reported KHz in the info bar at the top of the screen is different in each app. I occasionally see a post where someone reports it is working fine for them (even on the same DAP I'm using). Obviously this is confusing, but here is an example of what UAPP reports:

UAPP_MQA_DX300.png

This is the same track in TIDAL:

TIDAL_MQA_DX300.png

This is on the iBasso DX300, but I see the same on the Shanling M8. I've tried various UAPP settings that I have seen posted, but they don't make a difference. Note that while it shouldn't matter for these DAPs, I do have the MQA add-on for UAPP.

So, am I doing something wrong? Are these DAPs just not fully supported yet?

Thanks,
TM
Are you using any EQ in UAPP? If you use the EQ functions, I don't think UAPP will be able to render full MQA.

Feb 23, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #4,481 of 6,142
No wifi .. no BT... tested it and in an hour with no screen on i have a drain of 14% battery playing flac from the 4.4mm balanced output .. Volume at around 40
Ok, so....would you be so kind to try and test if drains the battery same way if you have wi-fi on or internet accsess.

Guess if its internet accsess depended it is not noticed by most people, as UAPP is used mostly by people with streaming services and you need internet on anyway. But wanted to know how it is with someone who plays local files like myself as well.

Feb 23, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #4,482 of 6,142
Ok, so....would you be so kind to try and test if drains the battery same way if you have wi-fi on or internet accsess.

Guess if its internet accsess depended it is not noticed by most people, as UAPP is used mostly by people with streaming services and you need internet on anyway. But wanted to know how it is with someone who plays local files like myself as well.
I will do that and i suspect the drain % will be more than 20.. i shall get back to you on that ASAP

Feb 23, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #4,483 of 6,142
Has anyone used a desktop amp as USB dac with uapp? i just purchased a matrix x-sabre pro mqa and even though it detects the mqa (shown on the display of the dac), there is no unfold. uapp is installed on an android 10 smartphone and also shows no unfold but still it tells me it plays an mqa track.
As comparison, with Aune S8 dac, which has no mqa support, and hilidac beam 2 which has mqa, there is a first unfold and i see it on uapp. On hilidac, the led is colored to a magenta as it should for mqa. And i didn't change any setting.

Feb 23, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #4,484 of 6,142
Has anyone used a desktop amp as USB dac with uapp? i just purchased a matrix x-sabre pro mqa and even though it detects the mqa (shown on the display of the dac), there is no unfold. uapp is installed on an android 10 smartphone and also shows no unfold but still it tells me it plays an mqa track.
As comparison, with Aune S8 dac, which has no mqa support, and hilidac beam 2 which has mqa, there is a first unfold and i see it on uapp. On hilidac, the led is colored to a magenta as it should for mqa. And i didn't change any setting.

If the DAC is a full MQA decoder (as opposed to a renderer) UAPP sends the unaltered stream to the DAC without the 1st unfold. The DAC then does all of the unfolding. If the DAC is non-MQA or a MQA renderer, UAPP does the 1st unfold and then sends it to the DAC. Then, if the DAC is a MQA renderer, the final unfolds are done on the DAC.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #4,485 of 6,142
OK. I'll admit it; I'm thick.

But for the life of me, I can't find the in-app purchase for MQA support. If I tap "MQA Playback" in the slide-out menu, I just get a popup dialog telling me that, "[t]his app includes MQA technology,...".

Similarly, if I go to "Settings > MQA", I just get settings for MQA ("Show MQA playback information", "Deep scan", "Scan URL without file extension".

I've looked all over the app for the option to purchase the MQA add-on but for the life of me I can't find it.

Can someone stop laughing at how stupid I am long enough to point me in the right direction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back