USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 30, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #4,426 of 6,160
I use Dragonfly Cobalt from an Android smartphone with UAPP.

Is it normal that with fairly sensitive IEMs - 111 dB - it has to go beyond 50-60% to get a good listening volume?

Or do I need to set some settings to get full power?

Jan 30, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #4,427 of 6,160

Is it normal that with fairly sensitive IEMs - 111 dB - it has to go beyond 50-60% to get a good listening volume?

Have you ran a control by testing the Dragonfly out of an different device such as a laptop?

I once had an issue with UAPP (2 years ago) where the volume level went out of sync with my phone and was several dB lower than Neutron MP. Resetting UAPP by clearing it's android system storage solved it. I was using analogue output, not USB digital so this might not be applicable to you.

Jan 30, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #4,428 of 6,160

I believe the Cobalt has hardware volume control. I don't have my device in front of me, but check for related settings in UAPP.

Jan 30, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #4,429 of 6,160

I believe for "full volume" without distortion from UAPP you need to have bit-perfect option on. So check for if you have additional settings on, like EQ, resampling, Morphit. Turn them off, turn bit-perfect on and check how it is in comparison. If you notice no improvement, then thats the capability of the Cobalt.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #4,431 of 6,160
Has anyone else had a problem with today's UAPP update?
I was listening to flac tracks on my Onkyo DP-X1, saw that there was an update available from Google Play, stopped the music, installed the update - - - and now UAPP won't run.
When it launches, a requestor pops up, saying "Validation error / This app cannot run in an emulated environment!", with buttons to "CONTACT SUPPORT" and "OK". Clicking OK closes the app.
I've rebooted the DP-X1, gone into the Android settings, and Force Stopped UAPP & cleared the app cache. I've also uninstalled & reinstalled UAPP. Still fails in the same way.

Feb 1, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #4,432 of 6,160
Has anyone else had a problem with today's UAPP update?
I was listening to flac tracks on my Onkyo DP-X1, saw that there was an update available from Google Play, stopped the music, installed the update - - - and now UAPP won't run.
When it launches, a requestor pops up, saying "Validation error / This app cannot run in an emulated environment!", with buttons to "CONTACT SUPPORT" and "OK". Clicking OK closes the app.
I've rebooted the DP-X1, gone into the Android settings, and Force Stopped UAPP & cleared the app cache. I've also uninstalled & reinstalled UAPP. Still fails in the same way.
Thank you for the warning. I have not been offered the new version yet. Mine is still 5.8.9 from 12/2. I'll be on the lookout.

Edit: I'd say write an email to Davy if it doesn't resolve easily. You know how responsive he often is.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #4,433 of 6,160
Thank you for the warning. I have not been offered the new version yet. Mine is still 5.8.9 from 12/2. I'll be on the lookout.

Edit: I'd say write an email to Davy if it doesn't resolve easily. You know how responsive he often is.

I did send an email to Davy - and he replied that UAPP checks to see if Xposed Framework is installed, and refuses to run, if it is.
The weird thing is - Xposed has been installed and running since before UAPP was originally installed (back in 2016) - so maybe the check was added in today's update.

Feb 2, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #4,434 of 6,160
Hi all. Quick question for those that use "Network" on UAPP. I have set it up to connect to my music drive which is hooked up to my Mac Mini. I enabled file sharing for a specific account to a specific folder (i.e., the music drive) and set up the connection on UAPP running on my HiBy R8.

It generally works, and I click on the connection and it shows my all the folders / files which I can then play from. Intermittently, when traversing, it would bomb out with an error and I would then be unable to access the network share anymore. Even if I close and restart UAPP, or turn the WiFi off and on, it throws this error:

error.jpg

Only if I restart the DAP does it then successfully re-establish the connection in UAPP. Any ideas?

PS. The actual connection to the Mac works fine, it is only in UAPP that the issue arises. For example, when the above error happens, I can still connect using Solid Explorer and transfer files from Mac to DAP.

Feb 2, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #4,435 of 6,160
Hi all. Quick question for those that use "Network" on UAPP. I have set it up to connect to my music drive which is hooked up to my Mac Mini. I enabled file sharing for a specific account to a specific folder (i.e., the music drive) and set up the connection on UAPP running on my HiBy R8.

It generally works, and I click on the connection and it shows my all the folders / files which I can then play from. Intermittently, when traversing, it would bomb out with an error and I would then be unable to access the network share anymore. Even if I close and restart UAPP, or turn the WiFi off and on, it throws this error:

error.jpg

Only if I restart the DAP does it then successfully re-establish the connection in UAPP. Any ideas?

PS. The actual connection to the Mac works fine, it is only in UAPP that the issue arises. For example, when the above error happens, I can still connect using Solid Explorer and transfer files from Mac to DAP.
I have also seen this in the current build on different android devices. Seems like an issue with Samba v2/v3 in UAPP

Feb 2, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #4,436 of 6,160
I did send an email to Davy - and he replied that UAPP checks to see if Xposed Framework is installed, and refuses to run, if it is.
The weird thing is - Xposed has been installed and running since before UAPP was originally installed (back in 2016) - so maybe the check was added in today's update.
That's annoying! And doesn't make sense from a commercial point of view to cut out Xposed users -- which I assume might include many older DAPs and other Android devices used exclusively for audio. Exactly the target audience for UAPP. It's not Fort Knox or an Online banking app.

Personally I haven't used Xposed in years, but you never know. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks again for the heads-up!

Feb 6, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #4,438 of 6,160
Just got an iBasso DX300 and no matter what res the file is android reports it as 44khz. Does UAPP need an update to play native sample rate?
thanks
Have you shared somewhere your experience with dx300? Wondering how it is compared to 220 and dx160. More to 220 analytical neutral or more to dx160 fun warmness.

Feb 7, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #4,439 of 6,160
Just got an iBasso DX300 and no matter what res the file is android reports it as 44khz. Does UAPP need an update to play native sample rate?
thanks
Try latest UAPP 5.9.1. It should work.

Feb 7, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #4,440 of 6,160
I wish that uapp had more customization on the now playing screen. It would really be nice to see the year of a a song maybe after the album in brackets and also current track number/total track number counter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back