Ultrasone Signature DJ
Oct 27, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #181 of 2,701
Quote:
Well, considering a ticket or lack of sleep can individually ruin a day and cloud judgement, I would say both at once would make me inclined take this particular impression with a grain of salt (no offense), so I will continue to wait patiently for comparisons while I enjoy my M-100s.  Sorry to hear about the ticket.

Also, thanks for the nice picture.  I think the DJ is a great looking, rugged portable.  It looks even more solid and durable than the M-100.  Same size cups and pads as Sig Pro?

Not at all. That's precisely why I said it warrants more time  for more solid impressions. Anyone who makes any conclusions based on 4 sentences is an absolute nutter.

But as you can guess, whenever anyone says "I've seen/heard these headphones", there'll be flood of questions on how it sounds, how does it compare to <blah>, etc. It's only natural. Of course I could be a complete jerk by just putting a pix and remain completely silent for the next few weeks which would be unfair too.

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #182 of 2,701
Quote:

oops, you did not sleep last night?
Are you also interested in getting ultrasone IQ?
Actually I am more interested in IQ than the DJ, maybe I'll see if I can have a try next week

since getting signature when it first game out, i love it alot.  i love it so much that i was thinking of getting an extra pair of signature pro for home use so when i know there is going to be a new one that sound similar.  i know i was going to get it.  just didn't quite sure if i want dj or the black ed8. 

iq?  what's iq?

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #184 of 2,701
Originally Posted by AnakChan 

Oh So was I!! That's why I stressed on "THAT" SigPros. Bear in mind I simply didn't have a good focused day - rather ironic I know at at headphone festival but I only had 2.5 hrs sleep before and rushing to the show to setup my gear, I got a speeding ticket along the way so I can tell ya that I was not in a calm state of mind.

The tables were crowded with queues behind me lining up to hear the headphones. I was lucky the exhibitor even let me plug in 2xheadphones in my device. I sorta felt rather embarrassed and selfish to hog 2 headphones. I'll give it a shot again tomorrow but otherwise, I think I may just wait till the shops stock the SigDJ so that I can listen better.

o, take a good rest
maybe it's too late to say this- -
I wonder how many hours did they put the DJ to break in, hope it's in good condition while it is in auditioning.

Quote:

since getting signature when it first game out, i love it alot.  i love it so much that i was thinking of getting an extra pair of signature pro for home use so when i know there is going to be a new one that sound similar.  i know i was going to get it.  just didn't quite sure if i want dj or the black ed8. 

iq?  what's iq?

the dj and the new ed8 look good, hope they sound good too

iq is the new ultrasone iem

Oct 27, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #185 of 2,701
Quote:

o, take a good rest
I wonder how many hours did they put the DJ to break in, hope it's in good condition while it is in auditioning.

New Edition 8? What does that mean? Ultrasone updates their old Edition headphones?

Oct 27, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #187 of 2,701
Quote:

o, take a good rest

that dj probably is the same in the hong kong hifi show? 

i forgot about their new iem.  to me, way too expensive for just an universal iem.  for the same money(or plus some more) i would go for custom iem instead.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #188 of 2,701
Quote:

Not at all. That's precisely why I said it warrants more time  for more solid impressions. Anyone who makes any conclusions based on 4 sentences is an absolute nutter.

But as you can guess, whenever anyone says "I've seen/heard these headphones", there'll be flood of questions on how it sounds, how does it compare to <blah>, etc. It's only natural. Of course I could be a complete jerk by just putting a pix and remain completely silent for the next few weeks which would be unfair too.

How about the build quality? The sig pro's were really impressive up close and certainly had that hi-end 'edition' presence. Does the DJ have that heft and quality feel to them also?

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #189 of 2,701
Quote:
How about the build quality? The sig pro's were really impressive up close and certainly had that hi-end 'edition' presence. Does the DJ have that heft and quality feel to them also?

In a word, "yes" but before I really start trickling in info about the SigDJ can I share a pix with no words :-D for now? I was allowed to borrow the SigPros and SigDJ for about 45 mins but had to return before the show opened to the public. Unfortunately I had interruptions during the 45 mins, as such despite having some notes written down I feel they're not really ready for sharing yet.

The good news is that I'll be allowed to borrow and write a review on the SigDJ again but it'll have to be after my family trip out of town early next week. For now at least for now it'll give you an idea of sizing.

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #190 of 2,701
Nice pics AnakChan.  Enjoy them.

Oct 29, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #191 of 2,701
AnakChan,  from your short listening sessions, did you notice any brightness or sibilance in the DJs as compared to the signature pros?  thanks. 
smile_phones.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #193 of 2,701
Contacted RMC Audio again and they still have not received their Signature DJ units... :frowning2:

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #194 of 2,701
Now in stock over at Thomann.de

http://www.thomann.de/de/ultrasone_signature_dj.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back