Ultrasone Signature DJ
Oct 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #151 of 2,701
Quote:
I'll find out soon enough when I see these next weekend at the Fujiya Autumn Festival. I'm particularly curious though that if the cupsize is the same, but the driver increased, what is sacrificed? Supposedly these are meant to be bassier headphones than the SigPros. But with larger drivers in same sized cups, what's the speculated impact to resonance, internal reflections, volume of air needed, bass decay, etc. There may be some balance Ultrasone could have done by increasing the port size to allow greater movement of air but that may impact isolation too.
Guess I'll find out next weekend.

Nice. Let us know.
The guy from RMC audio told me these PROBABLY start shipping a week from tomorrow so I'll keep an eye out for your impressions.

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #152 of 2,701
Quote:
I'll find out soon enough when I see these next weekend at the Fujiya Autumn Festival. I'm particularly curious though that if the cupsize is the same, but the driver increased, what is sacrificed? Supposedly these are meant to be bassier headphones than the SigPros. But with larger drivers in same sized cups, what's the speculated impact to resonance, internal reflections, volume of air needed, bass decay, etc. There may be some balance Ultrasone could have done by increasing the port size to allow greater movement of air but that may impact isolation too.
Guess I'll find out next weekend.

I am anticipating your feedback on these almost as much as the M-100.

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #153 of 2,701
Quote:
Well they seem to isolate well/not leak much sound judging by how little leaked out when she was closing the 2 cups together.  For those that owned/own the Sig Pros, does the isolation seem similar or better?

Isolation is identical.  That sheepskin leather is a great dampener, not to mention the fact that with the leather being so supple it molds to your outer ear ever so slightly creating even more of a seal.

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #157 of 2,701
They haven't arrived yet... If you read a couple of pages back, I mentioned that they would start shipping next week PROBABLY...

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #158 of 2,701
Quote:
They said they don't ship outside the US, I'll have to order it when I'm at the US. I can't wait for impressions!

If your referring to RMC, they do ship o's, at least to Australia. I bought my sig pro's off them. 
I hope they haven't changed there policy.....

Oct 19, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #160 of 2,701
Quote:

i sent them an email about the headphone and they never got back to me, and that's like a month ago.

really?
have you tried once more?

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #162 of 2,701
Quote:

why bother?  it's not that much cheaper after all. 

Actually, it IS quite cheaper than every other site I've seen... $700 <<< $1000.
I was going to suggest you to look at Thomann but their price is also $1000+. I have to say though that RMCAudio is in fact slow answering e-mails. Of course, you can just call them :wink:

My country does NOT appear when trying to order from their web site, but I e-mailed them, asked them if they shipped here and they sent me a Paypal invoice and shipping was actually quite respectable!

Thanks.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #163 of 2,701
Quote:

why bother?  it's not that much cheaper after all. 

o, you can also check it out at 華仁(ccav) in Hong Kong
they sell items at fairly cheap price

Oct 26, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #164 of 2,701
Any updates on these yet?  Anyone fortunate enough to have received theirs yet?

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #165 of 2,701
Quote:
Any updates on these yet?  Anyone fortunate enough to have received theirs yet?

Not yet...
(might have to contact RMC Audio...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back