Ultrasone Signature DJ
Oct 26, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #166 of 2,701
Mine should arrive next week :) Though I dont have an amp ready yet. Gonna get the EHP-O2D propably, what you guys think? 

(Ordered the headphones from Thomann.de 3 days ago)

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #168 of 2,701
Quote:

Actually, it IS quite cheaper than every other site I've seen... $700 <<< $1000.
I was going to suggest you to look at Thomann but their price is also $1000+. I have to say though that RMCAudio is in fact slow answering e-mails. Of course, you can just call them :wink:

My country does NOT appear when trying to order from their web site, but I e-mailed them, asked them if they shipped here and they sent me a Paypal invoice and shipping was actually quite respectable!

Thanks.

Quote:
really?
have you tried once more?

i tried again and i got a reply.  quick reply.  now i'm thinking getting from them.....

anyone make an order from them(rmc)? 

Oct 26, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #169 of 2,701
Yep... me. LOL
Need to contact them to see when they are going to start shipping.

Oct 27, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #174 of 2,701
Yeah forget buying anything from Australia or addicted audio. Prices here are a joke - very very rarely however things will pop up on special though.
I buy everything o'seas and it is pretty simple. Especially with ems (express with tracking). & when things are over $1000aud, usually the seller will mark them as under for you. If they don't then $$ & that's the only time it gets annoying imo.

RMC are extremely cheap compared to any other ultrasone dealers I've ever encountered. Buying from them was easy and simple. Highly recommended. I wont bother looking anywhere else if I'm after an ultrasone, but each to their own.

Looking forward to the DJ impressions.

Oct 27, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #175 of 2,701
Quote:

i tried again and i got a reply.  quick reply.  now i'm thinking getting from them.....

anyone make an order from them(rmc)? 

oops, you did not sleep last night?
Are you also interested in getting ultrasone IQ?
Actually I am more interested in IQ than the DJ, maybe I'll see if I can have a try next week

Oct 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #176 of 2,701
From the little time I spent on the SignatureDJ's today, I have to admit I do like the sound quite a bit. I plugged the SigDJ with the 1/4" plug whilst the SigPro on the 1/8" plug into my DX100 so admittedly that will probably further affect SQ differences however the SigPros (or maybe -THAT- SigPros) almost sound boomy by comparison. I'd though I'd never come across a SigPro that would sound boomy. Again it's hard to judge from very preliminary on-the-spot impressions in a trade show. I do like what I heard, meaning it deserves more time for more solid impressions.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #177 of 2,701
Great to hear an impression! Could you briefly describe the difference in sound sig? (I know meets are not ideal but anything would be appreciated!)
Quote:
From the little time I spent on the SignatureDJ's today, I have to admit I do like the sound quite a bit. I plugged the SigDJ with the 1/4" plug whilst the SigPro on the 1/8" plug into my DX100 so admittedly that will probably further affect SQ differences however the SigPros (or maybe -THAT- SigPros) almost sound boomy by comparison. I'd though I'd never come across a SigPro that would sound boomy. Again it's hard to judge from very preliminary on-the-spot impressions in a trade show. I do like what I heard, meaning it deserves more time for more solid impressions.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #178 of 2,701
Quote:
Great to hear an impression! Could you briefly describe the difference in sound sig? (I know meets are not ideal but anything would be appreciated!)

Yes, I am surprised to hear the Sig Pro would be "boomier" compared to the DJ.  If anything, I anticipated the opposite, so I am looking forward to more specific comparisons.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #179 of 2,701
Quote:
Yes, I am surprised to hear the Sig Pro would be "boomier" compared to the DJ.  If anything, I anticipated the opposite, so I am looking forward to more specific comparisons.

Oh So was I!! That's why I stressed on "THAT" SigPros. Bear in mind I simply didn't have a good focused day - rather ironic I know at at headphone festival but I only had 2.5 hrs sleep before and rushing to the show to setup my gear, I got a speeding ticket along the way so I can tell ya that I was not in a calm state of mind.

The tables were crowded with queues behind me lining up to hear the headphones. I was lucky the exhibitor even let me plug in 2xheadphones in my device. I sorta felt rather embarrassed and selfish to hog 2 headphones. I'll give it a shot again tomorrow but otherwise, I think I may just wait till the shops stock the SigDJ so that I can listen better.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #180 of 2,701
Quote:

Oh So was I!! That's why I stressed on "THAT" SigPros. Bear in mind I simply didn't have a good focused day - rather ironic I know at at headphone festival but I only had 2.5 hrs sleep before and rushing to the show to setup my gear, I got a speeding ticket along the way so I can tell ya that I was not in a calm state of mind.

The tables were crowded with queues behind me lining up to hear the headphones. I was lucky the exhibitor even let me plug in 2xheadphones in my device. I sorta felt rather embarrassed and selfish to hog 2 headphones. I'll give it a shot again tomorrow but otherwise, I think I may just wait till the shops stock the SigDJ so that I can listen better.

Well, considering a ticket or lack of sleep can individually ruin a day and cloud judgement, I would say both at once would make me inclined take this particular impression with a grain of salt (no offense), so I will continue to wait patiently for comparisons while I enjoy my M-100s.  Sorry to hear about the ticket.

Also, thanks for the nice picture.  I think the DJ is a great looking, rugged portable.  It looks even more solid and durable than the M-100.  Same size cups and pads as Sig Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back