Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Apr 28, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #1,921 of 2,312
Oh yes, also.
For anyone with a Pro 900 as well, 
I understand they require amping. But the thing is I am unsure where to look for an amp good enough for these headphones, and the other thing is that I am on a tight budget for an amp, so I would prefer a cheaper amp if possible.
What should I look at purchasing?
I was going to just use it straight out of my iPod/Phone
Thanks

O2 (Objective2). Very good with the PRO900s as well as all my 'Sones. It's in my pic above sitting atop the NFB-16. If you're using an iDevice as source make sure you use the line out.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad from Ultrasone Planet using Tapatalk HD

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #1,922 of 2,312
Thank you for your suggestion, but I will be needing a more portable amp, one I can use on the go.
Are there any cheaper options as well? or are they all $80 plus?
thanks

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #1,923 of 2,312
FiiO E11 strictly portable with a nice bass boost, cheap too. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

May 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #1,925 of 2,312
I'm selling my Ultrasone HFI-780. Head on over to the sales section of the forum if anyone is interested. Ta.

May 12, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #1,926 of 2,312
Quote:
Thank you for your suggestion, but I will be needing a more portable amp, one I can use on the go.
Are there any cheaper options as well? or are they all $80 plus?
thanks

The E12 should give you a similar effect with less bulk. It's over $80, though. Maybe you can find one at that price when they've been out for a little longer and people start selling more used ones or retailers start discounting more.

May 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #1,927 of 2,312
Well, this is bull!@#$! This is how my proline 550's look after a little more than a month of careful use, only at the computer. Yes, those are all bits and pieces from the headband and no, I did not sit on them. The warranty representative told me that it looks like mechanical abuse and I can't have a replacement nor a refund. Wat do?

The extension mechanism still works fine, but the left arm which no longer has a plastic cover seems considerably flimsier.

May 13, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #1,928 of 2,312

I got mine 3 years ago. I used them a lot. They show signs of heavy usage that is for sure. Much more than yours do. But a damage like what you experienced? Can only imagine that someone else but you sat down on them, but I cannot believe that they just fall apart like this without any heavy treatment.

May 14, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #1,929 of 2,312
Well, they didn't exactly shatter overnight. They started cracking after just a few days of use, but I heard of such issues and I didn't think it would get so bad. Here's how they looked a couple of weeks ago when I sent them back to the retailer. I just want to know how I can fix them. 

May 14, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #1,930 of 2,312
OK that makes sense. But it seems like these parts got overly stressed at least one time. I would put the parts back in place and fix them there with blue electrical tape. Then ask Ultrasone USA and not the retailer for spare parts. These are easy to replace.
And you have the PROLINE 550. These are out of production for some years now. I have the successor PRO 550. The plastic looks different. So maybe your can's plastic just got hard over time and broke just because of the age. Mine seem to be technical identical, but have a different color overall. And also mine have been replaced by a new color pattern @ least 3 years ago. So yours where probably already 5 to7 years old as you got them.

May 14, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #1,931 of 2,312
Well, maybe it's just my big head which caused the stress. I contacted ultrasone europe and they said they'll repair them free of charge. Talk about great support! Unfortunately, I'll have to get by with some crappy old drivers for a couple of weeks.

May 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #1,932 of 2,312
Well, maybe it's just my big head which caused the stress. I contacted ultrasone europe and they said they'll repair them free of charge. Talk about great support! Unfortunately, I'll have to get by with some crappy old drivers for a couple of weeks.

Dont do anything rash when on cold turkey you'll buy or steal

May 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #1,934 of 2,312
Count me in as a fan.  Got the Pro900's a week or so ago and loved them out of the box.  Burn them every night but they are fine as they came to me. 

May 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #1,935 of 2,312
I'll try to stay away from trouble :wink:. The thing is, now I realise how uncomfortable they were. I really need to get myself a new headpad if they don't replace it with the one on the newer Pros.

Theres a really good and easy mod to replace the headpad with the HD650 headpad; maybe check that out.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/579875/comfort-mod-hd650-headband-padding-on-the-pro-900/30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back