Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Sep 13, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #1,096 of 2,311
Quote:
okay..

first you need to find some cable.. i used my cheapo interconnect cable for this,, it measured about 11,5cm long and 1,2cm tall..

then you need to slip the cable between the pad.. install the pad first,, and just slip the cable between the pad and the cup,, make sure it covers the half back of the pad... 

if you install it properly it will make the pad slightly angled and your ears should'nt touch the cup any more.. 
smile.gif

--------------------------

btw like i said earlier i just done some cable split mod to my pro 2900 using the black dragon cable and i like the result.. here is some picture..

after i try this with my pro 900, i lose all the bass and the punch lol ><

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #1,099 of 2,311
Quote:

In my experience, I found that they generally sounded quite ordinary (occasionally the bass was nice but not always there in the right place), but the earcups were not very comfortable and the overall sound was a bit fatiguing to my ears. That's not to say that I haven't considered trying to get my hands on the 550's older siblings the 650 pro up to the 900 pro.

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #1,106 of 2,311
Quote:
a macbook pro, iphone, ipod...Maybe even my stereo system.

The stereo system should be fine if you mean a receiver, but I'm not sure about the other ones.

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #1,109 of 2,311
iPhone/iPod should be likely fine - the MacBook Pro is supposed to be a decent analog source, but no idea about driving headphones directly. The PRO900 are fairly sensitive and low Z though, so they should play nice with a lot of equipment. WRT the PRO750 - can't help you there, my understanding is that the PRO900 is the "new" version, but it's also supposed to be one of the bassiest headphones ever made. I know that S-LOGIC Plus is going to have some advantages for staging over S-LOGIC, but that's more general and based on comparisons between headphones that aren't 750 v 900. :xf_eek:

Sep 17, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #1,110 of 2,311
Quote:
iPhone/iPod should be likely fine - the MacBook Pro is supposed to be a decent analog source, but no idea about driving headphones directly. The PRO900 are fairly sensitive and low Z though, so they should play nice with a lot of equipment. WRT the PRO750 - can't help you there, my understanding is that the PRO900 is the "new" version, but it's also supposed to be one of the bassiest headphones ever made. I know that S-LOGIC Plus is going to have some advantages for staging over S-LOGIC, but that's more general and based on comparisons between headphones that aren't 750 v 900.
redface.gif

okay cool. Thanks a lot! I remember my hfi 2400 needed an amp because the volume was extremely low. Will the pro 900 run into this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back