Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Nov 18, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #481 of 2,312

Quote:
I looked but couldn't find any white copies. Just light grey. D:

Apparently they are light grey. They just looked white to me in pictures. 
confused_face.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #482 of 2,312
Hi
I'm Looking for an Amp for my ultrasone pro750
Little Dot ( what model + wich tube )   or Lovely cube or Matrix M-stage.
Will use it with Onkyo C 7030 CD player

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #483 of 2,312
Any thoughts on which Ultrasones would be best for listening to music off my Blackberry while commuting - I listen to all kinds of music, from of today's pop/hip-hop, rock (both current and from the 70's & 80's), underground dance, contemporary, Broadway. I guess I do want a little bass kick, but not really heavy because of all the other music genres I enjoy.

Thanks.

Nov 19, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #484 of 2,312

Quote:
Any thoughts on which Ultrasones would be best for listening to music off my Blackberry while commuting - I listen to all kinds of music, from of today's pop/hip-hop, rock (both current and from the 70's & 80's), underground dance, contemporary, Broadway. I guess I do want a little bass kick, but not really heavy because of all the other music genres I enjoy.

Thanks.

I believe their ultraportable model is the Zino.. As for any of the Pro models, they benefit greatly from an amp. The lower level Hfi line like the 580s might be good for you too, but for a morning commute i'd want my phones to be as portable as possible and the Zino's really fit that.

Nov 19, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #485 of 2,312
Thanks for your help.  I won't mind commuting with the bigger Ultrasone headphones, I have a pair of Bose (horrible) right now and they're no bother.  I was thinking something from the Pro line because of the detachable cord and the solid carrying case.  I figure the carrying case will help protect it taking them in and out of my bag.

Thanks

Nov 19, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #486 of 2,312

Quote:
Thanks for your help.  I won't mind commuting with the bigger Ultrasone headphones, I have a pair of Bose (horrible) right now and they're no bother.  I was thinking something from the Pro line because of the detachable cord and the solid carrying case.  I figure the carrying case will help protect it taking them in and out of my bag.

Thanks

well you can actually purchase the ultrasone hard case from vendors like J&R and i believe all their headphones, including the hfi line fit in the case. As for the pro line, i really think you won't get the best audio quality from them straight out of a blackberry, I would recommend getting a small portable headphone amp if you want to do that.

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #488 of 2,312

Quote:
Hmm, the portable amp may be a little more than I want to deal with on a daily commute.  Would I be able to do without one if I got one of the HFI models?

get the HFI 680,, its a fun headphone and relatively easy to drive. the sound signature is the most balance from the HFI line..

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #491 of 2,312

Quote:
Hi
I'm Looking for an Amp for my ultrasone pro750
Little Dot ( what model + wich tube )   or Lovely cube or Matrix M-stage.
Will use it with Onkyo C 7030 CD player

how do you drive your cans?

Nov 21, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #492 of 2,312

Quote:
how do you drive your cans?

It really depends on your preferences. If you want more coloration and warmth, go with a tube amp. If you value clarity and detail most of all, solid state would be a better bet in the price range you're talking about. Tube amps for under $500 are going to really be a compromise in most cases, and personally I don't care for any I've tried thus far.

The Meier Concerto drives most Ultrasones I've paired it with pretty well, if you're able to spend a little more. Otherwise I've heard good things about the M-Stage.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #494 of 2,312
Well seems those ultrasone connectors are very bizarre, like nothing i've ever come across.

I've fired the guy an email to see what he can suggest, as he does offer a guide on quables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back