Nov 11, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #422 of 2,312

Quote:
did i read a E9 for $28?

Check Amazon, not available outside of US though 
triportsad.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #423 of 2,312

Quote:
did i read a E9 for $28?

Ha, yeah, I feel like an old fashion paper boy yelling good news in town square:)
From Amazon, shipped for $28.  I wasn't even looking to buy another amp so soon, but couldn't resist.

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #424 of 2,312
I'll buy all the stock, and ebay/FS forum FTW

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #425 of 2,312
Is the deal a goner? I can't find the fiio e9 for that price on amazon.com

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #426 of 2,312
yeah, they’re gone.  I thought of getting the last few they had too after seeing what they were going for on Ebay, but I guess they sold out.

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #428 of 2,312
I finally got round to modding the headband padding - With Senn HD650 padding :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/579875/comfort-mod-hd650-headband-padding-on-the-pro-900

Nov 11, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #429 of 2,312

Quote:
Very nice indeed, but like others have posted, we are clueless on how they sound.  Do tell!!!

thx for all the compliment,, not very easy to get that done.. 
smile.gif

well i haven't had much head time with those, but its definitely don't sounds like pro 750/900 or any ultrasone that i've ever heard , the sound changes very much compared to the stock (those are formerly the proline 2500),, the overall sound especially the mids become MUCH thicker,, it feels like you gives +12 to +15 db on the 100 to 900hz frequency,, i can say that now the sound signature tilt to the mid-low region, fun and musical sound with some nice detail and spark that the pro 2500 has... the mids are smooth and thick, no hint of metallic sound,, the bass gain some quantity and richness but still very well controlled.. the soundstage presentation are a bit different than the stock but i feel that its a little more layered and full,, maybe because the treble are more laid back.... i personally think that the sounds are like a cross between denon, ultrasone and sennheiser. 
L3000.gif

i also feels that its easier to drive and less revealing/ analytical,, now i can plug it to my ipod without an amp and still get a loud and big sound compared to the stock that sounds thin if i plug it to the ipod headphone out.. i can says that i'm pretty satisfied with this mod and i wont bother searching for other closed headphone because these headphone got all that i need for a closed headphone because despite the sound signature and driveabilty it also has a decent isolation (comparable with the hd 25). i currently planning to mod these woodied ultrasone so it has a dual entry cable and make the cables a bit short so that its more suitable for portable duty.. i'll post some pic once its done.. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #430 of 2,312
Hi guys,

I own both, the pro 900 and the pro 2900. I work for a large online retailer that starts with A and I have the chance to get a Denon D5000 for a really good price. The question is now: is the D5k a step up or  just a step to the side compared to the Ultrasones?

Actually I am quite happy with the Sones but the mids on both are too recessed for my taste. Is anyone out there who had the chance to compare the Denons mids to the Ultrasones? I listen to a lot of vocal jazz, acoustic music and Hip Hop so vocals are quite important for the overall musicality and presentation of my favorite music. I just sometime feel like the mids are lacking compared to the world class bass and treble of the sones.

Would appreciate the help

Nov 12, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #431 of 2,312
Maybe it's warmth you seek, as the pro2900 have rather neutral and analytical mids, in which the D5000 would definitely be a step in the right direction. Jazz tends to sound better through headphones with a warm signature.
Through what equipment are you running the sones, since the pro2900's mids come out and sound a lot fuller with a good or even decent amp? 

Nov 12, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #434 of 2,312
A****n.com? I send them my entire paycheck every 2 weeks
biggrin.gif
. Seriously you should tell the higher-ups to make some sort of VIP program for people who spend embarrassing amounts of money on the site cause i buy everything there (my family makes fun of me for buying toothpaste once.) You got any inside info on HP deals coming up (like maybe a deal on the D5000)?

Quote:
Hi guys,

I work for a large online retailer that starts with A and I have the chance to get a Denon D5000 for a really good price.

Nov 12, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #435 of 2,312
It depends, the E7/E9 definitely doesn't drive them to their full potential, but in terms of bang for buck, it's quite amazing. The pro2900 are quite neutral, so I don't think it's so much a "recessed" midrange, as it is a lack of warmth that is bothering you. Therefore, I think you should look into tube amps. I've heard people claim that the pro2900 pair up very well with a good tube amp, but since I've never owned one, I can't really recommend any. You should inquire on the pro2900 appreciation thread, as that's where I've read up on the pairing.
Lastly, I think you should look into improving your sources before jumping to new headphones, because the pro2900 are very great all-rounders and, I believe, you're yet to experience what they are truly capable. That is of course unless you've received an irresistible offer for the denon D5000. 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I run them through a Fiio E7/E9 Combo and a MacBook Pro.
Not the best AMP but decent....Would I profit from better amping? And if yes what would you recommend?

Thanks for the help 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back