Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jul 3, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #8,162 of 9,690
ReNxz-  They (Se535 shells) can't maintain the same TF10 sound sig surely? Would never have thought of trying that though,
Would be a viable option for someone with broken shell/snapped nozzle and some soldering skills looking to fix them on the cheap.

Reasonable price too at only $39 shipped from http://www.lunashops.co.uk/goods-1460.html

I'll keep them in mind for when mine eventually break. Thanks for sharing!

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #8,163 of 9,690
Quote:
ReNxz-  They (Se535 shells) can't maintain the same TF10 sound sig surely? Would never have thought of trying that though,
Would be a viable option for someone with broken shell/snapped nozzle and some soldering skills looking to fix them on the cheap.

Reasonable price too at only $39 shipped from http://www.lunashops.co.uk/goods-1460.html

I'll keep them in mind for when mine eventually break. Thanks for sharing!

haha. yup it does surprisingly, even though 535 shell only has single bore compared to tf10's duo bore design. I did it because my Tf10 had a pin stuck and unable to take out. 
The cost is higher than you think thou, as the $39 only includes the shell, excluding the pins, connectors and acoustic dampers. 

Jul 4, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #8,164 of 9,690
I have to finally admit I am now a cable believer. I have tried other cables, 2 Fiio, 1 Dark Lord and never felt they did anything to the sound. My new cable which will remain hush hush, well it has brought me back to sound bliss. SPC/OCC cable, that is all.

Jul 4, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #8,165 of 9,690
I have to finally admit I am now a cable believer. I have tried other cables, 2 Fiio, 1 Dark Lord and never felt they did anything to the sound. My new cable which will remain hush hush, well it has brought me back to sound bliss. SPC/OCC cable, that is all.

Welcome to the real world. :wink_face: We knew you had what it takes!

Jul 4, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #8,166 of 9,690
Lol, at first was going to be like: You're doing it wrong...but then I read :p.  Nice...how much did it end up actually costing you?
Quote:

did a mod on tf10, fit the drivers into a shure 535 empty clear shell.

Able to retain the sound signature and the wearing hassle is removed. 

Happy with this mod.

The mod is done by a Diy-er FYI. 

etysmile.gif

Jul 10, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #8,168 of 9,690
Hi guys, how's the Fiio RC-UE2 (wire one)?

Im looking for a replacement cable for TF without memory issue and for a reasonable price.

This is the second time i Bought TF; I owned se535 just sold. I prefere UE sound signature at all

Inviato da mio iPhone usando Tapatalk

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #8,170 of 9,690
Quote:
Since you are italian like me, where did you buy your tf 10?

Hi, nice to meet other Italians here :D

Anyway That's the second time I bought TF. First in a forum for 170 € (too much), second on ebay.it for 110 € (good price).

It's relatevely hard to find them in Italy. I looked for them googling "Vendo Tripe FI 10", on ebay annunci, and on "mercatino muscale".

In the last one I've mentioned there's actually a pair of Super Fi 5 for 120 € .

Cheers  

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #8,172 of 9,690
My TF came today. Still can't believe how good they sound :D I owned the Se535 too but I prefere UE sound signature and TF's bass and treable.
I've noticed this new pair has a more flexible calbe and I can wear them with less problem than the pair I previously owened!

Jul 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #8,173 of 9,690
The TF10 into the Shure 535 mod looks amazing!  Props on creativity that's one way to "reshell" your TF10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back