Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #8,131 of 9,690
Quote:
Can anyone recommend a good replacement cable for my TF? I don't believe in 100$+ cables and looking for somthing around 30$.
I hate the stiffness of the OEM cable btw.

I cannot comment on sound quality yet, but I just got the FiiO replacement cables from the Micca store for under $30:
1.jpg

FiiO RC-UE2 Replacement Cable For UE Earphones $27.99

http://www.miccastore.com/fiio-rcue2-replacement-cable-for-earphones-p-108.html

I haven't even removed them from the package yet, but they look beautiful and are aesthetically and ergonomically an upgrade from the stock cables. They don't have memory wire, but are shaped properly to go over the ear. It may be a while before I can do a proper A/B comparison as I just got my first customs and everything else sounds like crap now. My TF10s are only for the gym and jogging now. Has anyone else done a proper A/B comparison with these yet?

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #8,132 of 9,690
Quote:
I cannot comment on sound quality yet, but I just got the FiiO replacement cables from the Micca store for under $30:
1.jpg

FiiO RC-UE2 Replacement Cable For UE Earphones $27.99

http://www.miccastore.com/fiio-rcue2-replacement-cable-for-earphones-p-108.html

I haven't even removed them from the package yet, but they look beautiful and are aesthetically and ergonomically an upgrade from the stock cables. They don't have memory wire, but are shaped properly to go over the ear. It may be a while before I can do a proper A/B comparison as I just got my first customs and everything else sounds like crap now. My TF10s are only for the gym and jogging now. Has anyone else done a proper A/B comparison with these yet?

Good luck with the Fiio cable, I tried 2 of them, they are both long gone in the trash. They both started cutting out in sound in my left ear due to the cable either shorting or breaking where it went into the RCA jack. Hope the RC 2 is better than the older one was.

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #8,133 of 9,690
Quote:
Can anyone recommend a good replacement cable for my TF? I don't believe in 100$+ cables and looking for something around 30$.
I hate the stiffness of the OEM cable btw.

I've been using a Westone Epic cable with my TF10's for a couple of years now.  I love this cable.  Apparently so do many others because Westone has doubled the price of this cable since I bought mine.

Not to worry though.  Aurisonics has a cable that looks identical here for $36.  

Matter of fact:  I just placed an order for one of these cables to have as a spare.

Jun 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #8,135 of 9,690
Those are the ones. All I need are the small ones too. Sony needs to sell them by size or something.

Here, you can choose any size you want, these are decent hybrid clones, I have been using the large for sometime.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Silicone-Replacement-Tips-Earbud-For-sony-XBA-10-20-30-40ip-MDR-EX1000-600-/261202811168?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3cd0e69920

Jun 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #8,136 of 9,690
While I'm here Ill share some pictures of my hybrid TF10 cable I received yesterday. Great comfort levels, losing the earhoops allows the housing to sit anyway needed in the ear. The cable is very flexible with near no microphonics.

Cable made of 2x 5n Ofc Pure silver and 2x 7n Neotech Occ Pure Copper. total 4 wires.
Terminated with Oyaide Straight 3.5mm jack and transparent pins

Jun 26, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #8,137 of 9,690
I only use my tf10's with my classic Ipod and they sound great! I'm thinking about getting an amp on the cheap. After much lurking around here it's a toss up between the Fiio E17 and the C&C BH. Any advice would be appreciated!

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #8,138 of 9,690
Quote:
I only use my tf10's with my classic Ipod and they sound great! I'm thinking about getting an amp on the cheap. After much lurking around here it's a toss up between the Fiio E17 and the C&C BH. Any advice would be appreciated!

Hmm.. I'm in the exact same position as you and although I'm not yet 100% sure, I'm thinking of going with the C&C BH2 as it is said to have great synergy with Tf10's and is inexpensive... but the E17 is more versatile while the Fiio X3 Dap is the ultimate all in one solution that I would love to pull the trigger on (http://www.head-fi.org/t/663600/impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price). Decisions, decisions...

Whichever amp you choose be sure to use an LOD.

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #8,139 of 9,690
Quote:
Good luck with the Fiio cable, I tried 2 of them, they are both long gone in the trash. They both started cutting out in sound in my left ear due to the cable either shorting or breaking where it went into the RCA jack. Hope the RC 2 is better than the older one was.

Wow, that looks great.

Now I wonder if it's going to hold up much better than the UE1.  I'm almost tempted to early adopt this...

Jun 27, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #8,141 of 9,690
What cables are out now a days with a right angle plug in the $30 range?

I do a fair bit of searching/research regarding budget cables for TF10 and to be honest I doubt you'll find a cable with right angle jack for $30. Your best bet would be to purchase a cable in your price range and have it re-wired by an electronics store or someone handy with a soldering iron.

Jun 27, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #8,143 of 9,690
http://1964ears.com/products_accessories.html I have these on my TF10 and have not have any durability issues. You'll need to file them down a little to fit the TF10 but that's only a matter of minutes

See, but that's the problem, not all of us live in the USA. So to have the cable shipped is more than half the cost of the cable.

$32 cable quickly turns into $52 which makes it not worth our time.

Shipping to Australia is $20 alone.

Jun 27, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #8,144 of 9,690
Quote:
http://1964ears.com/products_accessories.html I have these on my TF10 and have not have any durability issues. You'll need to file them down a little to fit the TF10 but that's only a matter of minutes

Hmm...Mate, I don't think filing down the pins is good idea that you had to resort too...I think going with just UE socket connectors would have been the better choice, as opposed to having to go through the trouble of ruining the pins, or lessening it's quality. You wouldn't file down a 3.5mm jack to a 2.5mm jack, now would you?

I guess in a sense, it's kind of like removing that fine gold-plated coat on the pins/jacks.

Just saying..It's your item, so you have the rights to do as you wish, I suppose.

Jun 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #8,145 of 9,690
Quote:
I do a fair bit of searching/research regarding budget cables for TF10 and to be honest I doubt you'll find a cable with right angle jack for $30. Your best bet would be to purchase a cable in your price range and have it re-wired by an electronics store or someone handy with a soldering iron.

There are some like the InEarZ cables etc, but looking for higher quality. Most likely I will end up with a CH cable down the road if I cant find something cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back