Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 27, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #8,146 of 9,690
Quote:
Hmm...Mate, I don't think filing down the pins is good idea that you had to resort too...I think going with just UE socket connectors would have been the better choice, as opposed to having to go through the trouble of ruining the pins, or lessening it's quality. You wouldn't file down a 3.5mm jack to a 2.5mm jack, now would you?

I guess in a sense, it's kind of like removing that fine gold-plated coat on the pins/jacks.

Just saying..It's your item, so you have the rights to do as you wish, I suppose.

Just went with what people here told me to do haha. Westone style cables used to be pretty popular for the TF10 so yeah. Haven't noticed a difference in SQ vs the stock cable.

@H20, obviously my suggestion isn't perfect but just throwing an option out there. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #8,147 of 9,690
Just went with what people here told me to do haha. Westone style cables used to be pretty popular for the TF10 so yeah. Haven't noticed a difference in SQ vs the stock cable.

@H20, obviously my suggestion isn't perfect but just throwing an option out there. 

Now if you had not filed them, they might sound better Lol :wink:

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #8,148 of 9,690
Quote:
Hmm...Mate, I don't think filing down the pins is good idea that you had to resort too...I think going with just UE socket connectors would have been the better choice, as opposed to having to go through the trouble of ruining the pins, or lessening it's quality. You wouldn't file down a 3.5mm jack to a 2.5mm jack, now would you?

I guess in a sense, it's kind of like removing that fine gold-plated coat on the pins/jacks.

Just saying..It's your item, so you have the rights to do as you wish, I suppose.

Quote:
Now if you had not filed them, they might sound better Lol
wink.gif

Sorry, but that's just not the same thing.  People have been doing this here with the Westone cables for as long as I have been a member here.  It's the same thing as trying to claim the 'flip mod' negatively effects the sound.

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #8,149 of 9,690
Quote:

Sorry, but that's just not the same thing.  People have been doing this here with the Westone cables for as long as I have been a member here.  It's the same thing as trying to claim the 'flip mod' negatively effects the sound.

Haha, I was kidding! Relax.

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #8,150 of 9,690
hi there. i am a drummer and i am in the verge of purchasing good iem. i was considering the cosmic ears ba4. they are of course expensive for me. but they are worth it. but then i read about Logitech Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10. i know they are not custom. so the isolation isnt that good. but is the overal sound good enough for what i want to do? i want to be able to hear very good my kick and bass guitar so i need good lows. also i read problems abiout fitting. will i be able to make them stay on my ear somehow? any tips on that? i am just trying to avoid the hastle of making mold for my ear... thanx

Jul 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #8,151 of 9,690
The TF10 is a great sounding iem with a good seal, but when the the seal is broken, the bass disappears and it sounds bright and irritating. I use them for the gym and jogging and have found that I have to constantly adjust to regain a seal. This wouldn't be good during a concert. I am trying every tip anyone recommends but lose or muddy the bass with a large number of them. I am about to give up and have them remold end as a custom so I can enjoy them again and use them as a backup to my expensive ciems. Just got my first ciem and only now understand the importance of a proper seal. To emulate the proper seal with the tf10 I have to seat them perfectly sitting perfectly still and press my hands over my ears just right. Then the tf10s sound golden.

For your purpose, I think the tf10s remolded as a custom would be perfect. But the cosmic ears ba4s may be easier and better. I am currently looking at the ba3s for my wife so she can understand the value of a proper seal. I am still researching my option for triples for her, but I am down to cosmic ears ba3 in the uk, jh audio 5s out of florida which are only doubles but highly acclaimed, and 1964 ears v3 out of Oregon which is close to me.

Jul 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #8,152 of 9,690
That was my long winded way of saying - don't fear the molds, the are your best friend.

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #8,153 of 9,690
I love my TF10's and I'm fortunate to have a good fit using the flip mod but doubt they would be secure enough for going running and maintain a seal.. and as drumming is quite physical I also think you'd probably have problems keeping them sealed in your ears even if you were  fortunate enough to get a good fit.

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #8,154 of 9,690
hey my friends thank you so much for your answers. i will go custom then. i do have one last question though. and i hope you can advice me on it
should i go to an audiologist to make my ear impression or could i get a diy kit like for example this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MYO-mould-your-own-Proguard-custom-ear-plugs-Red-better-than-Radians-DIY-/330751067473?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&hash=item4d024cc551
or this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171036831768?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

an audiologist in greece could be really expensive and money is of issue. but if you tell me that i should 100% visit an audiologist, thats the route i will take. if it is plausible though (and safe enough) to make impressions myself, id try it. id appreciate a good link of a proper diy kit. thank you so much guys

Jul 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #8,155 of 9,690
The only problem with those diy plugs would be that they probably wouldn't go deep enough to get the proper moulds.  Most manufacturers prefer them to go round the second bend in the ear.  So an audiologist would be a better safer route, particularly if you don't know what you are doing.

Thanks

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #8,156 of 9,690
The thing about the TF10's is their un-typical size and shape. You must bear in mind that ears/ear-canals are probably the gnarliest parts of the human body. Over-the-ear headphones are easy as they're (usually) one size fits all. IEM's are totally different beasts, ESPECIALLY the TF10'S! If you go through this thread, as I have, it's abundantly clear that due to the physical differences in our ears/ear canals that the TF10's simply are NOT for everyone. Sometimes these suckas just don't fit, regardless of what's tried. That said, when they DO fit, like they do for me, the rewards are substantial! My point to our drummer friend is that you might want to try the TF10's, flip-modded of course:wink:, and see if they fit YOUR ears. When they fit right, you know immediately. Bottom line is you can $ave some coin!

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #8,158 of 9,690
Thankfully I have a larger ear 'cavity' and they kinda tuck neatly into my ear while being flip-modded.  I've never gone running or anything with them as well...they're not exactly cheap (anymore) to replace.  My Turbines or ER-6i get used for that :).

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #8,160 of 9,690

did a mod on tf10, fit the drivers into a shure 535 empty clear shell.

Able to retain the sound signature and the wearing hassle is removed. 

Happy with this mod.

The mod is done by a Diy-er FYI. 

etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back