Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 18, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #7,713 of 9,690
Thanks for the advice regarding refurbished triple fis!
I still haven't got around to buying, but I think I'll do it today.
I guess those sold on ebay are NOT manufacturer refurbished, just refurbished by whoever, right? Or they would say it was done by the manufacturer.

Can I just ask a super quick question: Other than triple fis, during the lifespan of this series I also had both super fi 5 and 10
I liked all of them, one most of all but I simply don't recall which one it was. Which of these three models are the better one and how come it's the triple fis that are still available to buy whereas the superfis are almost impossible to find anymore?

Dec 18, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #7,714 of 9,690
I think the three ones are:

SuperFi 3, (SuperFi 4?), SuperFi 5 (and SuperFi 5eb) and TripleFi 10 as the best in the series

Dec 24, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #7,715 of 9,690
Thanks!
I bought a pair of Triple Fi" on Ebay for £115 including postage.
Oh they are soooooooooooooooooo good!

Fit perfectly, it feels like you are standing next to a fantastic sound system and all the chatter of people on the metro or people hollering on their mobile and what not just disappears.

They had been used "only once" according to the seller
Frankly I thought he was a bit dodgy and there were some clearly incorrect statements in his ad, but I can't find anything wrong with the headphones.

I went for a walk through gorgeous Kew Gardens here in South West London where I live. The triple.fis increased the pleasure x100....

What am I going to use the day these are no longer available? Maybe I'd better stock up and buy a few pairs as a backup.

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #7,716 of 9,690
Guys, I didn't know where to ask this so I thought I'd give it a try here. Anyone else here find the tf10 cable to be extremely annoying? It's never straight and whenever I'm using them I have a mess of wire that is twisted. Any ideas on how to straighten them? Thanks!

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #7,717 of 9,690
Hang them on something rather than coiling and storing them.

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #7,718 of 9,690
PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Dec 26, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #7,719 of 9,690
Quote:
Hang them on something rather than coiling and storing them.

Ah, that's probably the problem. Every night I store them in my otterbox with one of those moisture removing pods since my tf10 are customs. I've always thought about disconnecting them and hanging the wire separately but then I'm scared one day I might break the socket. Guess I do have to disconnect it. Thanks!

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #7,720 of 9,690
hi there! just a newbie here looking for an IEM upgrade. :D

i currently am using the Vsonic GR07 MKII's now, and am loving the mids and sub bass, but not so much the sibilance (which is still bareable in any case..)

i use Vsonics provided tips for the IEM's, the smallest tip (about an S or more likely an XS) on the right and a medium on my left. both fit my ears perfectly.

regarding the comfort issues of the TF10, will i have problems with the right ear? i have a very small right canal which cannot take tips bigger than small sizes as i will not be able to get a perfect seal. i am not looking at using foam tips, rather just silicone tips.

if it makes any more sense, i can only go using the orange core sony hybrid tips on my right ear at the most.

looking forward to any help! thanks so much fellow head-fi-ers! :D

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #7,722 of 9,690
Listening to the TFI.10 today via the DragonFly, after months of not using it (IE80 consuming most ear time at work). Soundstage on these are still really good. Still a really enjoyable headphone that has more attack then the IE80. One day I might send these in for a custom mold with Unique Melody.

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #7,723 of 9,690
I'm selling my TF10 with original box. Here is the link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/643403/ue-triple-fi-10-with-with-original-boxes-and-additional-accessories   

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #7,724 of 9,690
TF10s have taken over as my new primary phone since the loss of my SM3s, they fill the role sufficiently. First sign of any durability issues they will be going to customs. I regret waiting to jump on them; I would have gotten a second pair if the Black Friday deal was still available. Even at $250 (current Amazon price) I think they are a fair buy; sure there are a slew of TWFKs below $200, but from everything I've read they are mostly bass-light and usually on the brighter side, whereas TF10 delivers a really fun sound with solid presence across the spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back