Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 5, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #7,741 of 9,690
Hey Guys!

Which cable would you recommend for TF10?

The Westone's
http://www.amazon.com/Westone-50-Inch-Replacement-Cables-Removable/dp/B005GQ7OFW/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357379359&sr=1-5&keywords=ultimate+ears+replacement+cable
ir

or

The Sunricky "Dark Lord''
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Lord-Telfon-upgrade-cable-Ultimate-Ears-UE-TF10-5-/251197061372?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D4657401544633924164%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D251197061372%26

Well, the cable in your first link is more expensive has no reviews and we don't know if it's silver plated or 100% copper, so it's hard to recommned. Dark Lord however has several sales here monthly, is silver plated copper and has been proven a great sounding durable cable. Sunricky used to have another cable the same called White Angel, which is the same strands and silver plated cable as Dark Lord, just white instead of black with a different jack.

Here, I found it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Angel-Telfon-upgrade-cable-for-Ultimate-Ears-UE-TF10-sf3-sf5-/251200550275?pt=UK_Home_Garden_CD_DVDStorage_SM&hash=item3a7cb83583

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #7,742 of 9,690
Quote:
Well, the cable in your first link is more expensive has no reviews and we don't know if it's silver plated or 100% copper, so it's hard to recommned. Dark Lord however has several sales here monthly, is silver plated copper and has been proven a great sounding durable cable. Sunricky used to have another cable the same called White Angel, which is the same strands and silver plated cable as Dark Lord, just white instead of black with a different jack.
Here, I found it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Angel-Telfon-upgrade-cable-for-Ultimate-Ears-UE-TF10-sf3-sf5-/251200550275?pt=UK_Home_Garden_CD_DVDStorage_SM&hash=item3a7cb83583

I bought  this "White angel" cable about year ago from Sunricky, but its polarity don't match with the original cable and that, of course, do change the sound signature and I don't think that's right.
Do "Dark Lord'' cable polarity match with the original cable?
The Westone cable is adaptable without hairdryer

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #7,743 of 9,690
I bought  this "White angel" cable about year ago from Sunricky, but its polarity don't match with the original cable and that, of course, do change the sound signature and I don't think that's right.

Do "Dark Lord'' cable polarity match with the original cable?

The Westone cable is adaptable without hairdryer

Indeed and surely a misfortune. I also bought a furutech cable (not from sunricky) I checked with a multimeter it was indeed in reverse phase, it was impossible to fix even with a hair dryer, that really soured my taste a little for cables from ebay sellers. I messaged sunricky before I purchased Dark Lord and asked him about his cables in which he said they're correct. So I'm not sure how that slipped through. If you're really worried you could ask him to check it before shipping. But yes my Dark Lord cable was the correct polarity.

I understand exactly what you went through.

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #7,744 of 9,690
Quote:
Indeed and surely a misfortune. I also bought a furutech cable (not from sunricky) I checked with a multimeter it was indeed in reverse phase, it was impossible to fix even with a hair dryer, that really soured my taste a little for cables from ebay sellers. I messaged sunricky before I purchased Dark Lord and asked him about his cables in which he said they're correct. So I'm not sure how that slipped through. If you're really worried you could ask him to check it before shipping. But yes my Dark Lord cable was the correct polarity.
I understand exactly what you went through.

Exactly my experience with Sunricky!

Anyway, how did Your Dark Lord cable improve SQ, comparing with the original?

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #7,745 of 9,690
Exactly my experience with Sunricky!

Anyway, how did Your Dark Lord cable improve SQ, comparing with the original?

In this thread somewhere (deep deep in this thread) there is an impression I did. I will not torture and make you look for it.

If I remember rightly there was an increase in clarity, micro detailing and the signature becomes nice and smooth with better extension on both ends, meaning everything flowed nicely. And the low end become more powerful, had more thud to it and sounded a little different at first. Punchy is the word I'm looking for! Been a while now since I sold my TF10, maybe someone else can confirm.

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #7,746 of 9,690
Quote:
In this thread somewhere (deep deep in this thread) there is an impression I did. I will not torture and make you look for it.
If I remember rightly there was an increase in clarity, micro detailing and the signature becomes nice and smooth with better extension on both ends, meaning everything flowed nicely. And the low end become more powerful, had more thud to it and sounded a little different at first. Punchy is the word I'm looking for! Been a while now since I sold my TF10, maybe someone else can confirm.

Thank You!
By the way, why did You sold TF10?

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #7,748 of 9,690
Quote:
have a look here mate at lostearbuds items.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/lostearbuds/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Hi H2O,

Thanks for the links.
Would you recommend me a specific one? The normal one or the one with long tip?
I value comfort first & SQ later (neutral with slight emphasis on bass and sub bass).
Thank you.

Jan 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #7,749 of 9,690
Hi H2O,

Thanks for the links.
Would you recommend me a specific one? The normal one or the one with long tip?
I value comfort first & SQ later (neutral with slight emphasis on bass and sub bass).
Thank you.

I think if you're having comfort problems a foam tip may help there. I'm going to give you three options all of which I've tried. (silicon gel and foam)

But really it depends on your ear shape, canal and your comfort level.

Try these,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320960605990?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

These

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Pairs-Black-Medium-Memory-Foam-Tips-Eartips-For-Most-Earbuds-IN-EAR-Earphones-/221079828032?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3379627640

And these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pair-Middle-Size-IN-EAR-EARBUDS-EAR-BUD-TIPS-For-Ultimate-TF10-TF15-ie8-etc-/261121592566?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3ccc0f4cf6

You will get all three for under $10.00, or take your pick on one you like. :smile:

Jan 6, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #7,750 of 9,690
Hey guys, recent owner of a TF10 here, I was using some HF3's for a long time before I bought this but I wanted to see if a triple BA would be as mind blowing as I had hoped.
Unfortunately I was not blow away, not even really phased to be honest. Is the HF3 really that good? Or is my tf10 defective? Or maybe my ears just can't tell the difference?
Thoughts and opinions welcomed.

Jan 6, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #7,752 of 9,690
I didn't necessarily find it displeasing as opposed to I could hardly notice it was even there, it didn't seem more heightened then my HF3's, maybe just a tad bit, and there was some sub-bass I think I noticed more of, but in all honesty I just didn't find any more sound in my music then I assumed I would.

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #7,753 of 9,690
I didn't necessarily find it displeasing as opposed to I could hardly notice it was even there, it didn't seem more heightened then my HF3's, maybe just a tad bit, and there was some sub-bass I think I noticed more of, but in all honesty I just didn't find any more sound in my music then I assumed I would.

I think maybe, and I say this in all politeness you were possibly expecting a big explosion of rainbows and lolly pops from the TF10 due to high excpectations but it didn't quite happen. Sounds like you experienced a subtle change, there was no big bang (and no minds were blown that day). :mad: But to be honest once I heard T-Peos H-100 I did not enjoy my TF10 any longer. So it's highly possible the HF3 are close in SQ levels. Maybe the $150 H-100 Hybrid would wow you.

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #7,754 of 9,690
I'll be completely honest with you, as much as I loved my TF10's, enough to even sell my IE8's to my father, I bought the dual dynamic JVC FXT90's ($80-100) recently, while I find they can be sibilant at times and the highs kind of get mushed together into one sound, I enjoy them as nearly as much as I enjoy the TF10 which once upon a time had a massive sticker price. I got mine for $176 I believe. Comparing with something like the HF3's (which I've never heard so this assumption is probably complete BS) I wouldn't expect a very drastic difference.

I do like what an amp does for the TF10's. If you haven't tried that, go for it. I like what an amp does for everything I plug into one to be honest. 

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #7,755 of 9,690
Quote:
I'll be completely honest with you, as much as I loved my TF10's, enough to even sell my IE8's to my father, I bought the dual dynamic JVC FXT90's ($80-100) recently, while I find they can be sibilant at times and the highs kind of get mushed together into one sound, I enjoy them as nearly as much as I enjoy the TF10 which once upon a time had a massive sticker price. I got mine for $176 I believe. Comparing with something like the HF3's (which I've never heard so this assumption is probably complete BS) I wouldn't expect a very drastic difference.

I do like what an amp does for the TF10's. If you haven't tried that, go for it. I like what an amp does for everything I plug into one to be honest. 

Me too! Since I got my 2Stepdance, the TF10 showed its full potential.
It's a night and day difference to my ears, comparing SQ direct from Cowon S9 vs Teclast T51 (line out) + 2Stepdance.
It's so obvious!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back