Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 30, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #7,261 of 9,690
Quote:
Well I hope you can find some pleasure from them. If not, remember how well they still hold resale value.
smile.gif

Pleasure? I have pleasure in them. I very much like them. I know this is the appreciation thread but I wasn't going to go be biased and talk of how wonderful they are and how butterflies fly out form the wood every time these pop on.  I am assessing them as I would in a review state of mind. However for the price and what not, I do like them and remember. I knew EXACTLY what I was getting thanks to you guys and this thread and the plethora of reviews. It was bought on purpose for this reason. I was mearley pointing out it's flaws despite so.

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #7,262 of 9,690
My setup is iPhone4->L9->E17-Gain 12->Vol 11, this is perfect for me.

I did work my way up from Gain 0 and found Gain 12 is optimal for TF10....high feq on Gain 12 is crystal clear...32 ohms should be a lie....TF10 needs lot of power to sound good...and they sound to optimum with E17....oops....forgot..for me
etysmile.gif

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #7,263 of 9,690
Quote:
My setup is iPhone4->L9->E17-Gain 12->Vol 11, this is perfect for me.

I did work my way up from Gain 0 and found Gain 12 is optimal for TF10....high feq on Gain 12 is crystal clear...32 ohms should be a lie....TF10 needs lot of power to sound good...and they sound to optimum with E17....oops....forgot..for me
etysmile.gif

So THAT'S what you meant by EQ. I was more along of the lines of actual on computer software band EQ and then moving those to iTunes for my portable setup.

I don't have any portable amps suitable for the E17 at the moment.

You have it on Gain 12? There have been some sayings that 12dB gain does have improvements in CLIEOS's graph but I thought most of those improvements were a punchier bass. Anyway.

What treble EQ do you use? What bass EQ db?

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #7,264 of 9,690
With TF10, I use 0 on both bass and treble....with X10...I like 0 bass...+4 treble setting.

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #7,266 of 9,690
Just tried my meelectronic triflange earbuds for the a151 with these and wow much more comfortable plus better seal. Almost seems to sound better which is likely due to the better seal. They seem a little small but i promise they'll fit.

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #7,267 of 9,690
Pleasure? I have pleasure in them. I very much like them. I know this is the appreciation thread but I wasn't going to go be biased and talk of how wonderful they are and how butterflies fly out form the wood every time these pop on.  I am assessing them as I would in a review state of mind. However for the price and what not, I do like them and remember. I knew EXACTLY what I was getting thanks to you guys and this thread and the plethora of reviews. It was bought on purpose for this reason. I was mearley pointing out it's flaws despite so.

lol, it's ok, I probably should of used another word other than pleasure.. It's all Ooook. :smile:

If I was going to pick things out in TF10 I would prefer differently they would be the hazy vocals. For example, something like GR07 or EX600 are very natural sounding you can hear high amounts of detail in word shaping. Where as TF10 can sound somewhat blurred or smeared with it's mids, it especially shows in vocals. There's a lot of clarity but it's sounds filmed over with that lacing.

Also the soundstage width and imaging although decent I could use more of. EX600 shows my preferred example in these area's.If I could somehow mould EX600 soundstage and imaging features into TF10, plus 50% of it's naturalness I may have the perfect IEM. Separation on TF10 is spot on for me.

I hope you can do a review on them, is that in the works?

Aug 31, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #7,270 of 9,690
Would an iPhone 4S + Fiio E6 be a good source and amp for the TF10?

Yes, I'd even consider your iphone 4S to sound ok alone with TF10.

From my experience with Fiio's amps E11 can colour the sound in an unwanted way. It makes IEM's appear ever so slighter darker than they would from a source alone and you lose some detailing from this. Except for E5 which I really enjoyed. I haven't heard E6, though try it both ways and see which you like best. I wouldn't be worried about your phone powering them that's for sure. Also check out the EQ apps called "equalizer" and "SonicMax Pro" They're great for us audio enthusiasts.

Don't forget to use an LOD if you're not already! :smile:

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #7,273 of 9,690
I got tired of dealing with the elongated comply tips(the section of foam that protrudes past the inner tube) constricting and muffling the sound of these headphones, but I didn't want to compromise on the comfort and seal they offer...so, I got brave and took some scissors to them.  I cut off the majority of the foam that protrudes, leaving just enough to guard the tube.  Then I rounded them off and also cut along the inside to open up the foam a bit.
The result is exactly what I expected, these headphones are completely unrestricted now. There is no noticeable muffling of any kind, the highs are nice and crisp and the bass sounds much cleaner.  Overall, I'd have to say this is a must try for people using comply tips.  If you have some old ones laying around or just feeling like trying something new, I can't recommend this enough. Make sure you use really sharp scissors for best results.
Pics found here: http://www.head-fi.org/gallery/album/view/id/686448

Users who are viewing this thread

Back