Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 29, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #7,231 of 9,690
Well...

It is my first night with my UE Trips. I hate to say it, but the initial impression was not thrilling. I was unable to acheive a successful fit with the silicon tips, and the comply tips are just to muffled sounding. I bored out the holes on one of the two sets of comply tips with a 1/4" drill bit just to exapand the memory foam... little difference. The lows are good, the mid bass is sub par, and the highs are a real low. I really do not prefer them over my SE 110's at the moment.

Maybe I need some different comply tips? Any suggestions? All these positive reviews cannot be unwarranted? 

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #7,234 of 9,690
I would never get them....TF10 is kind of end game for me in IEM.....I do not want anything more than TF10 SQ they are just perfect for me....all I want is....a custom tips for TF10.

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #7,235 of 9,690
Quote:
I would never get them....TF10 is kind of end game for me in IEM.....I do not want anything more than TF10 SQ they are just perfect for me....all I want is....a custom tips for TF10.

Go get them!
they're cheaper then most of the cables people are using here 
biggrin.gif

(mine was $62)

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #7,236 of 9,690
So, I was looking for an alternative to UE stock silicon. I came across these tips which arrived today. They're very close to stock but slightly shallower in how far they cover the nozzel opening. (basically their height is a touch smaller) Apart from that they work great! You get 24 pieces of any size you wish, so I won't be needing more tips for my TF10 in a hurry.

I could almost swear they have opened up the airiness and clarity a touch more, which is usually the case when a shorter tip is used, just as a longer tips or small bore will enhance bass and calm highs, a shorter one will do the opposite. imo

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #7,237 of 9,690
Quote:
Quote:

Go get them!
they're cheaper then most of the cables people are using here 
biggrin.gif

(mine was $62)

Sure I will...you are lucky to get it for $62...here it would cost 100$ + $50 for audiologist..I do not want to mess it up doing myself..

as you already have custom tips (I belive it will be silicon one's), Please let me know your feedback on them...earlier I liked sony hybrid they provided a good seal..but now I am liking stock tips..and I do not want customs to alter SQ...especially highs I do not want them to be increased or reduces.....like the way they are from stock tips...I only addition looking from custom tips is better isolation

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #7,238 of 9,690
Quote:
So, I was looking for an alternative to UE stock silicon. I came across these tips which arrived today. They're very close to stock but slightly shallower in how far they cover the nozzel opening. (basically their height is a touch smaller) Apart from that they work great! You get 24 pieces of any size you wish, so I won't be needing more tips for my TF10 in a hurry.

I could almost swear they have opened up the airiness and clarity a touch more, which is usually the case when a shorter tip is used, just as a longer tips or small bore will enhance bass and calm highs, a shorter one will do the opposite. imo

Did you try with skullcandy tips...it is much shorter than stock tips and airiness is better as you mentioned..but problem with shorter tips is isolation...

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #7,239 of 9,690
OK, I managed to reduce the muffled highs using the silicon tips again. Played them loud for an hour. Listened to Dream On by Depeche Mode and that song sounded fabulous. Maybe with some burn in and a new set of tips these will be the desired upgrade I was looking for.

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #7,240 of 9,690
Quote:

Sure I will...you are lucky to get it for $62...here it would cost 100$ + $50 for audiologist..I do not want to mess it up doing myself..

as you already have custom tips (I belive it will be silicon one's), Please let me know your feedback on them...earlier I liked sony hybrid they provided a good seal..but now I am liking stock tips..and I do not want customs to alter SQ...especially highs I do not want them to be increased or reduces.....like the way they are from stock tips...I only addition looking from custom tips is better isolation

( ˚ O ˚ ) $150 ?!?!?

there really isn't much difference besides more bass and slightly better isolation.

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #7,241 of 9,690
Did you try with skullcandy tips...it is much shorter than stock tips and airiness is better as you mentioned..but problem with shorter tips is isolation...

No I haven't tried Skullcandy tips yet, they sound similar. I can say isolation was a little below normal using my alternative.

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #7,242 of 9,690
Quote:
OK, I managed to reduce the muffled highs using the silicon tips again. Played them loud for an hour. Listened to Dream On by Depeche Mode and that song sounded fabulous. Maybe with some burn in and a new set of tips these will be the desired upgrade I was looking for.

Try Sony Hybrids. I use them and a lot of people swear by them.

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #7,245 of 9,690

Users who are viewing this thread

Back