Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #7,246 of 9,690
Meelec Triple flanges work great for isolation and bringing the best out of TF10, but the problem is as the housing is too large, the entire after tip part stays beyond the ear which makes the IEM look massive, but the sound quality as well as isolation is top class with them, double flanges may also serve the same purpose with less beyond ear gap. Sony hybrids are the best for me in terms of allround fit and comfort. I use meelec triple flanges for casual listening and sony hybrids during travel, they two serve the purpose for me. I tried comply TX-400 but it gets dirty too fast, I cant afford 18$ every 2 months :p

You can buy them the double/triple flanges of meelec from here. they improved the isolation and bass response a lot for me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-Eartips-for-Sports-Fi-S6-M6-M6P-A161P-A151-earphones-Black-/130745455297?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1e710952c1

Aug 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #7,247 of 9,690
Wow UE900s look interesting...the look is boring compared to TF10s and not as classy as UE 500s, but I'm sure they will be more truly universal than TF10s, which is good :p From the sound of it they are sticking with their house sound, 4 drivers sounds promising...just wish they looked as sexy as the UE500s...

Aug 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #7,248 of 9,690
[size=medium]It would very interesting if they can better TF10…hmm Universal that would better TF10 should be difficult … I am not able to figure it out where TF10 lacks…maybe because I used to V-Shape SQ from them....[/size][size=10pt]solid and punchy bass, higher frequencies clarity and accuracy, great 3D soundstage…I assume once you are used to TF10…upgrade seems like moving horizontal not vertical[/size]

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #7,249 of 9,690
Quote:
[size=medium]It would very interesting if they can better TF10…hmm Universal that would better TF10 should be difficult … I am not able to figure it out where TF10 lacks…maybe because I used to V-Shape SQ from them....[/size][size=10pt]solid and punchy bass, higher frequencies clarity and accuracy, great 3D soundstage…I assume once you are used to TF10…upgrade seems like moving horizontal not vertical[/size]

You obviously haven't tried universal demo units of CIEMs.

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #7,250 of 9,690
Quote:

Hahaha. Borisu.....we don't all live in audio land of HK haha but right.

I got the TF10's on purpose and knew what they had and whne I got them, I was 0% suprised at it's sound sig. It was exactly as top people said it would sound. There are many things that I find dissapointing with it compared to reference equipment but for my needs on the go. IT's good enough

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #7,251 of 9,690
Quote:
Quote:

Hahaha. Borisu.....we don't all live in audio land of HK haha but right.

I got the TF10's on purpose and knew what they had and whne I got them, I was 0% suprised at it's sound sig. It was exactly as top people said it would sound. There are many things that I find dissapointing with it compared to reference equipment but for my needs on the go. IT's good enough

Can you please elaborate...that is what I feel it is good enough...and nothing much left to desire

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #7,252 of 9,690
I listen to Many genres but mainly the popular ones within a genre so nothing indie really

For edm, yes i like tr v curve but for jpop an most other things its not desireable with the weak vocals

The bass is strong. A bit too strong on regular songs and a bit too light and not as punchy on edm or as full. The vocals are a weak point. They are average. Nothing deficent but nothing special either. They dont sparkle or have their own voice. A bit recessed. The highs are also dissapointing in that nothing is wrong with them excep they arent sharp and dont reach that high

In terms of enjoyability regardless of price and overall, these are a 7.5/10 for me. Sound enjoyment wise is an 8.5. The build and fit for me while not moving is no problem but i move a lot. Overal for thr price, these do wht i want and are recommended for their street and used price in america

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #7,253 of 9,690
Thanks for replay...I feel with sound if one frequency increased other frequency will sound recessed...as it v-shaped mid do not sparkle, I like they way bass and high is tuned..bass was punchy with sony hybrid not with stock tips..I have tired few other universal but I am fanboy of TF10.. I do not like using IEM at home..it is only for on go...I have other can for home use

Aug 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #7,254 of 9,690
I dont like the way any of the frequencies are tuned... It may have been an intentto mellow out the tf10 and other things but when i say i dont like. Im talking about from no price standpoint. At this price, i wont say much but lows are too much at times and or too little or maybe mudddy. The mids and vocals are very mellow, recessed and not special or forward. Highs are bland in that they dont try. I dont want a harsh uncontrolled mess so the highs as they are while unsatisfactory will work

Aug 30, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #7,255 of 9,690
Ok, it seems like my understanding of u[size=small]niversal is limitted...you please list few other IEM (<400$) you like better....will try and sort it out myself....[/size]

Aug 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #7,257 of 9,690
Ahh....there you go...now I understand ...your earlier post made me feel like I living in a different world..full size can's!!!!

I too like my HE-400 more than TF10..that's why TF10 is only for on go....

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #7,258 of 9,690
I dont like the way any of the frequencies are tuned... It may have been an intentto mellow out the tf10 and other things but when i say i dont like. Im talking about from no price standpoint. At this price, i wont say much but lows are too much at times and or too little or maybe mudddy. The mids and vocals are very mellow, recessed and not special or forward. Highs are bland in that they dont try. I dont want a harsh uncontrolled mess so the highs as they are while unsatisfactory will work

This sounds exactly how my TF10 sounded from a Clip+ Some songs has too much bass and others it was barely present. Changing sources or amping cured it for me. Especially my Cowon S9 using Mach3bass. Are you EQing your TF10 at all?

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #7,259 of 9,690
Quote:
This sounds exactly how my TF10 sounded from a Clip+ Some songs has too much bass and others it was barely present. Changing sources or amping cured it for me. Especially my Cowon S9 using Mach3bass. Are you EQing your TF10 at all?

I tend not to EQ headphones and IEMs. Some of my buddies on head fi have guides for it but I take it naturally.

The bass responce was improved on my dedicated source setup at home but still has the problems I talked about there.

I will start EQ'ing procedures when my inflamed left ear goes away.

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #7,260 of 9,690
I tend not to EQ headphones and IEMs. Some of my buddies on head fi have guides for it but I take it naturally.

The bass responce was improved on my dedicated source setup at home but still has the problems I talked about there.

I will start EQ'ing procedures when my inflamed left ear goes away.

Well I hope you can find some pleasure from them. If not, remember how well they still hold resale value. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back