Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #7,141 of 9,690
Quote:
Yeah mate, I knew you mean't similar.
smile.gif
probably a little less treble sparkle on the PL11's though?
wink.gif

Don't forget to upgrade your cable in the future! (if you decide to keep them) the stock cable is a little "how you going"

A little less, with not being as life like and other things, small and big, muddy, small soundstage but with a nice lower end expansion for the soundstage.

The stock cables..are a pain

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #7,142 of 9,690
Quote:
A little less, with not being as life like and other things, small and big, muddy, small soundstage but with a nice lower end expansion for the soundstage.

The stock cables..are a pain

What don't you like about the stock cable??
I found it ok.

What do you think of the TF10's SQ?

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #7,143 of 9,690
Quote:
What don't you like about the stock cable??
I found it ok.

What do you think of the TF10's SQ?

It's exactly what I predicted based off what you and others have said, it isn't a detail beast or much analytical, which means YAY for crapy recordings to an extent, bassy but doesn't go over with just the right amount and extension, with a meh vocals as said 

Overal, these are exactly what I predicted and am pleased, usability is a bit weird though

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #7,144 of 9,690
thinking of getting these but a bit hesitant from what ive heard on comfort.

im not the keenest on over the ear cable and was wondering how the comfort is when twisted to let the cord drop down.

Also would comply foam tips T500's be more comfortable?

ive currently got the sony mdr xb40ex which arent the most comfortable due to the bulgy round peice directly behind the silicon tip. so if theyre more comfortable than that i'll be happy.

Thanks.

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #7,145 of 9,690
Quote:

im not the keenest on over the ear cable and was wondering how the comfort is when twisted to let the cord drop down.

ive currently got the sony mdr xb40ex which arent the most comfortable due to the bulgy round peice directly behind the silicon tip. so if theyre more comfortable than that i'll be happy.

Thanks.

I personally like comply T500 better than silocone ones, but like any in ear, it agitates my ears after a bit

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #7,146 of 9,690

Thanks.

They don't have to be but they were designed to be worn over the ear. I'd guess if you did purchase them, you would end up frustrated wearing them down going for over the ear anyway. It's is how high tier and stage monitors are mean't to be worn, so I'd get used to it. I used to dislike it as well, but if you give it sometime you'll come to enjoy it.

Over the ear should be the least of your problems, getting a proper fit should be your priority. If you want added comfort move away from the stock cable and use something that's more forgiving than the stock memory wire ear hoops imo.

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #7,147 of 9,690
Quote:
They don't have to be but they were designed to be worn over the ear. I'd guess if you did purchase them, you would end up frustrated wearing them down going for over the ear anyway. It's is how high tier and stage monitors are mean't to be worn, so I'd get used to it. I used to dislike it as well, but if you give it sometime you'll come to enjoy it.
Over the ear should be the least of your problems, getting a proper fit should be your priority. If you want added comfort move away from the stock cable and use something that's more forgiving than the stock memory wire ear hoops imo.

If I can pick up the TF10's on amazon for around $160,  and the cost of a replacement cable (and if i wanted a good one like a null audio itd be $150 odd?) wouldnt it be better to get a $300 pair of something else?

im not looking at spending that much.

Thanks for the advice though.  Sorry if this came across as rude

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #7,148 of 9,690
If I can pick up the TF10's on amazon for around $160,  and the cost of a replacement cable (and if i wanted a good one like a null audio itd be $150 odd?) wouldnt it be better to get a $300 pair of something else?

You don't have to spend $150 on a cable. Something like this Dark Lord cable will be fine for increased comfort, It's what I use. He has others if you check his items ranging in price. I'm from Australia also. :smile: It's shame you just missed out some refurbs going for $139 on ebay Australia.

See how you go with the stock cable on fit first, work on comfort and tweaking later.. TF10 have a 500 page appreciation thread. And for good reason. That's entirely up to you if you want to look for something else at $300.

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #7,149 of 9,690
Quote:

What are you looking for in the cable? A different fit perhaps? If you are looking for a change in sound, Just know that it can't be measured or objectively perceived by the human ear. You may hear it if you believe you do, but I'd suggest trying expensive cables with someone else's money before buying yourself. Borrow one or go to a convention. (CanJam, RMAF, etc.)

Personally, I love my TF10's, and I've had them for a little under a year. I've though about buying the Fiio or Westone cables, but am not sure which is more flexible or comfortable for m,. or who has the second improved batch of Fiio cables.

Aug 24, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #7,150 of 9,690
Quote:

What are you looking for in the cable? A different fit perhaps? If you are looking for a change in sound, Just know that it can't be measured or objectively perceived by the human ear. You may hear it if you believe you do, but I'd suggest trying expensive cables with someone else's money before buying yourself. Borrow one or go to a convention. (CanJam, RMAF, etc.)

Personally, I love my TF10's, and I've had them for a little under a year. I've though about buying the Fiio or Westone cables, but am not sure which is more flexible or comfortable for m,. or who has the second improved batch of Fiio cables.

I've got the Second batch of the cables( If i'm not wrong) and i dont think there are any changes besides the copper ring which prevents the previous defect in the design. The Westones are definitely more flexible and comfortable, and unless you're looking to use the TF10s purely at home or you can endure a great due of weight,  i'd advise you to go with the westones

Aug 24, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #7,151 of 9,690
Top notch cables from Chris_Himself for $80ish I believe, those Dark Lord cables seem decent for less than $50, there's always the Westone cables...plenty of options for way under $150, but even if you did spend that much, I've had worse earphones for $300 (Westone 3, cough cough). MSRP on TF10s is $400...
Quote:

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #7,152 of 9,690
Quote:

Thanks.

For the longest time I was a fan of the comply's but so many people were recommending silicone that I tried the Sony Hybrids. I actually like them better than the complys and A LOT better than the stocks.

It's crazy how different my TF10's sound from my HD 598's that I use at home. I could listen to the same album twice and it sounds like two completely different albums I totally enjoy both though. The warmer sound of the TF10's goes well with work. I got a chris_himself cable on it's way so hopefully that helps out with the comfort and durability issues. I'm still a skeptic on cable quality improving audio but we'll see, hopefully it will change my mind :p.

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #7,153 of 9,690
Quote:
For the longest time I was a fan of the comply's but so many people were recommending silicone that I tried the Sony Hybrids. I actually like them better than the complys and A LOT better than the stocks.

It's crazy how different my TF10's sound from my HD 598's that I use at home. I could listen to the same album twice and it sounds like two completely different albums I totally enjoy both though. The warmer sound of the TF10's goes well with work. I got a chris_himself cable on it's way so hopefully that helps out with the comfort and durability issues. I'm still a skeptic on cable quality improving audio but we'll see, hopefully it will change my mind :p.

Chris makes great cables, you won't be disappointed. Just keep in mind that they might be quite microphonic.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #7,154 of 9,690
Argh, I had forgotten hearing about that...sucks as my main use is for commuting, which involves a lot of clothes ruffling against cables...BUT didn't he say his new wire should help reduce microphonics?
Quote:

Chris makes great cables, you won't be disappointed. Just keep in mind that they might be quite microphonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back