Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #7,156 of 9,690
Quote:
Argh, I had forgotten hearing about that...sucks as my main use is for commuting, which involves a lot of clothes ruffling against cables...BUT didn't he say his new wire should help reduce microphonics?

Not sure about the new ones. It's a shame too, because they sound great with the cables, but the microphonics kills it for many uses. The Null Audio Arete is also at a similar cost.

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #7,157 of 9,690
Hi guys,

I've got a dilemma here :/
I purchased some TF10's today at a local store in Hong Kong... warranty included.
They included in a replacement cable for free with a mic, so I decided to change the cable as the stock cables memory wire is horrible. After replacing one earpiece successfully, once I started pulling on the second one the whole plug assembly fell apart and one of the cables that connects to the pins of the earphone broke off. I'm wondering if any of you guys know if the warranty will cover this......as I believe it is a faulty product since I followed the Logitech Instructions on the Logitech website :/

Any help?
Quite worried about this as I am EXTREMELY short on money right now, and I was saving up for these for ages... :frowning2:

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #7,158 of 9,690
Quote:
Hi guys,

I purchased some TF10's today at a local store in Hong Kong... warranty included.
They included in a replacement cable for free with a mic, so I decided to change the cable as the stock cables memory wire is horrible. After replacing one earpiece successfully, once I started pulling on the second one the whole plug assembly fell apart and one of the cables that connects to the pins of the earphone broke off. I'm wondering if any of you guys know if the warranty will cover this......as I believe it is a faulty product since I followed the Logitech Instructions on the Logitech website :/

Any help?
Quite worried about this as I am EXTREMELY short on money right now, and I was saving up for these for ages... :frowning2:

Call the HK store and tell them the product was defective as all instructions were followed to do an expected cable swap. And thus since it fell apart, the product was thus defective from factory as normal operational procedures were followed.

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #7,159 of 9,690
Quote:
Hi guys,

Any help?

Logitech has a reputation for  being good about replacements I wouldn't worry about it.

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #7,161 of 9,690
Yeah I've had an ad up looking for an Arete for a while now...think I'm going to go with Chris when he gets new stuff, though.
Quote:

Not sure about the new ones. It's a shame too, because they sound great with the cables, but the microphonics kills it for many uses. The Null Audio Arete is also at a similar cost.

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #7,162 of 9,690
Ok what is happening?

My right TF10 has a lower sound and volume and no bass whenever I start using it. So driver deficency? NOPE! The problem is somehow fixed by removing the tips and putting it back it!! I had Complys on there, put on red giants and bam working again. I come back a few hours later...same problem! I put them in every way, check the tip to see if it's blocking anything, and thought why not. So I took the right tip off, put it back on.....and What? It works perfectly...this happened EXACTLy all 3 times i did it be it removing complys or red giants.......

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #7,164 of 9,690
Quote:
Sounds like the Comply's might be closing up?  Maybe try some silicone tips and see if it keeps happening.

I did..same thing.... A quick pull and put back in and voila. And no, not 100% my ears although my right ear has weirdness with tips, I fit it in every way, before pulling it off and on..and voila..bam.no problems until I stop using for a few hours!!! 

Aug 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #7,165 of 9,690
I did..same thing.... A quick pull and put back in and voila. And no, not 100% my ears although my right ear has weirdness with tips, I fit it in every way, before pulling it off and on..and voila..bam.no problems until I stop using for a few hours!!! 

Maye you have a sensitivity to vacuum sealed iems. I remember having that problem with several sealed iems. I resolved my issue with comply ts series tips.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #7,169 of 9,690
If I want to get a replacement I should contact the local store, not Logitech, right? 

You can try. My guess is the local store will tell you - you need to go through logitech for warranty.

Depends on logitechs policy really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back