Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 21, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #7,112 of 9,690
My sony hybrid tips came both the mediums and the larges seem to seal and fit better than the stock tips. I don't know how they are in the way of long term comfort, I'll let you know tomorrow

I don't like using tips with a small bore on my TF10, it effects the sound, so I stick with the large stocks.

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #7,115 of 9,690
To be honest the "slippery" fit was affecting the sound more.

I can understand that. my ears are on the larger side, so the tips really grab hold and cause suction when I remove them. Actually such an amount I'm worried over time the plastic nozzel may come apart from the housing as we've seen happen. But I can also see between ear variation how they could slide.

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #7,116 of 9,690
Yeah I'm with you on this one, the TF10 has helped me to see why higher end monitors almost always use BAs instead of dynamics. Most single BAs can sound a little cramped, but triple BA IEMs are something special.
Quote:
I have had my TF10s for 6 months and love them. I also grew to love the sound of BAs compared to dynamics. The sound is more articulite.

Aug 22, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #7,117 of 9,690
Quote:
I don't like using tips with a small bore on my TF10, it effects the sound, so I stick with the large stocks.

[size=medium]I totally disagree with this, TF10 sounds best with Sony hybrids....did try them with stocks (does not fit me), tips comes with Vsonic, klipsch, MME, brainwavz , Comply and every time came back to hybrids...with them did not notice any kind soundstage or high feq distort….you please give hybrids a try…I am sure you will like them[/size]

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #7,118 of 9,690
I totally disagree with this, TF10 sounds best with Sony hybrids....did try them with stocks (does not fit me), tips comes with Vsonic, klipsch, MME, brainwavz , Comply and every time came back to hybrids...with them did not notice any kind soundstage or high feq distort….you please give hybrids a try…I am sure you will like them

You should rephrase that.
TF10 sounds best with Sony hybrids "to you"

That's fine, we all have different tastes. :smile: Hybrids didn't do it for me. They tame the highs ever so slightly and enhanced bass response. I much prefer a larger bore with TF10. Plus as yourself with stock I had some problems fitting hybrids.

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #7,119 of 9,690
agree on "different tastes", fit and comfort does matter with tips....

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #7,120 of 9,690
Hybrids fits more comfortably but tfp sounds better with the stock tips to my ears. The hybrids add some mid bass, which the tfp already has aplenty, and like what H20Fidelity said, it reduces the highs a bit. I think that highs is what makes the tfp so exciting sounding in the first place.

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #7,121 of 9,690
[size=medium]for stock tips to work I need to keep my head still even if I yawn they pop out…can jog without any issue with hybrid I am more used to them...fit make all the difference they change the sound sq and hybrid sounds best to me..[/size]

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #7,122 of 9,690
Quote:
Hey Chris, have you had any experience with reshelling? Thinking about maybe looking into doing that this October or something, Inearz.com (fisher audio) looks to be the best deal with decent feedback so far.

Lol bro I was one of the first people to make reshelling cool, the guys at fisher know me pretty well 

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #7,123 of 9,690
Thanks for th explanation man :)

the predator is soo scarry in terms of price.

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #7,124 of 9,690
It is the predator, for your wallet

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #7,125 of 9,690
[size=medium]I need to do some correction here….did try stock tips again today…with stuffed foam between tips, I was able get decent seal and going back and forth to Sony hybrids…I have to admit @H20Fidelity and @glac1er got it right and I was wrong on Sony hybrids. Mid bass hump and highs reduced was evident[/size]
[size=medium]Thanks to both of you.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back