Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
May 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #6,526 of 9,690
Quote:
I am selling my TripleFi10s if anyone is interested.  Barely used (less than 10 hours) with 2 cables (regular and mic).  I cannot get a good fit and do not wanted to go custom.  Anyone interested, PM me.

Sorry to hear that, fit can be quite difficult, you really do have to persevere with them to get a good seal.

May 14, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #6,528 of 9,690
Quote:
Sorry to hear that. The fit can be very temperamental, it was one thing I worried about on purchasing mine.

I was watching game of thrones this evening with my TF10. It almost sounds like you're in the room with the actors. Very very cool fun.

After the uncomfortable ghey secks scene I had to sit through, I've been having a hard time being motivated to watch another episode of GoT LOL

May 14, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #6,529 of 9,690
Quote:

After the uncomfortable ghey secks scene I had to sit through, I've been having a hard time being motivated to watch another episode of GoT LOL

Are you kidding? Of all the gruesome horror and (well-portrayed) "worst of humanity" that GoT throws at the audience, the thing that turns your stomach the most is a couple of dudes kissing? 

PS: TripleFi 10s are still awesome, for topical content.

May 14, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #6,530 of 9,690
Quote:
Are you kidding? Of all the gruesome horror and (well-portrayed) "worst of humanity" that GoT throws at the audience, the thing that turns your stomach the most is a couple of dudes kissing? 

PS: TripleFi 10s are still awesome, for topical content.

No because the horror and dysfunctionality is why I watch GoT. It's why I liked Breaking Bad and Nip/Tuck too.

May 14, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #6,531 of 9,690
Quote:

No because the horror and dysfunctionality is why I watch GoT. It's why I liked Breaking Bad and Nip/Tuck too.

You'll keep watching GoT, if the most recent episode is anything to go on, horror and dysfunctionality galore. 

Content: TripleFi 10 are very easy to balance in EQ on an iPhone app, why waste $150-$300 on different IEMs when you can solve the V-shaped sound isues for $2.99?

May 15, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #6,533 of 9,690
My Fiio E10 arrived today, I can pleasantly say using my TF10 in combination with E10 / VLC media player + some EQing is by far the best I have heard them yet. This is how TF10 should sound, strong, solid, clear, very musical. I could happily melt away right now.

This is what it's all about, 
cool.gif

May 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #6,534 of 9,690
Over the past few days these TF10s have really really changed. The treble is really bothering me. God I loved these, but the change is just well, I can't stand it anymore. I know this is an appreciation thread and I do appreciate them and I do love them. I just want to know if there are IEMs in a similar price range with perhaps less emphasis on the treble.

Thanks,
Mark

May 17, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #6,535 of 9,690
Quote:
Over the past few days these TF10s have really really changed. The treble is really bothering me. God I loved these, but the change is just well, I can't stand it anymore. I know this is an appreciation thread and I do appreciate them and I do love them. I just want to know if there are IEMs in a similar price range with perhaps less emphasis on the treble.

Thanks,
Mark

I would have to agree with you on the high treble. On some songs I have to either lower the volume or change the song due to the piercing highs with my TF10's. I am most likely going to sell mine. As sad as it is to say I enjoy my Klipsch Image S4's better than my TF10's. Since I like Klipsch sound signature I am going to go ahead and buy the Image X10's and see how much better they are than my S4's. Oh and their fit is 10x better than my TF10's as well so that's a plus.

May 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #6,536 of 9,690
Quote:
I would have to agree with you on the high treble. On some songs I have to either lower the volume or change the song due to the piercing highs with my TF10's. I am most likely going to sell mine. As sad as it is to say I enjoy my Klipsch Image S4's better than my TF10's. Since I like Klipsch sound signature I am going to go ahead and buy the Image X10's and see how much better they are than my S4's. Oh and their fit is 10x better than my TF10's as well so that's a plus.

Well let me know how they are man! I shall look into the Klipsch as well!

May 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #6,537 of 9,690
Quote:

I think it's the fact that the mids are recessed, putting more emphasis on the treble which is already metallic.

May 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #6,538 of 9,690
I'm wearing my Klipsch right now, and I'm disappointed to report that these are now less comfortable than my larger bore IEMs. I'll give it a few minutes before I go back to sticking something bigger in my ears.

TF10, you've ruined me.

May 19, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #6,540 of 9,690
I really enjoy TF10 treble. I can say it does become over whelming with some tracks, but I never find it sibilant or stabbing. 

Makes my eardrums tinkle. 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back