Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 13, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #5,581 of 9,690
It wasn't engaging and songs that sounded fun on the IE8 didn't on the GR07. It did have more detail and handled more genres of music better, but I still preferred the IE8. Just how I perceived it.

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #5,582 of 9,690

Quote:
It wasn't engaging and songs that sounded fun on the IE8 didn't on the GR07. It did have more detail and handled more genres of music better, but I still preferred the IE8. Just how I perceived it.

But with the mid bass issue solved and the IE80s being more detailed and upfront I think that your opinion will change with them. They are very suitable for most genres IMO.

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #5,583 of 9,690

Quote:

Ok, I understand that. It's just that I've heard that the bass of the IE8 just doesn't turn off, and the mids are slightly recessed. I know that bass can be fun on some songs, but the GR07 has quite a good bit for me and it goes deep, especially with the right tips. I'd rather have tht versatility over fun on just a few genres.

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #5,584 of 9,690

Quote:
Ok, I understand that. It's just that I've heard that the bass of the IE8 just doesn't turn off, and the mids are slightly recessed. I know that bass can be fun on some songs, but the GR07 has quite a good bit for me and it goes deep, especially with the right tips. I'd rather have tht versatility over fun on just a few genres.

On the IE8 the mid range is cloudy due to the mid bass hump (EQ it out and it really improves them). But they still weren't quite upfront enough for my liking. I also don't EQ up as I feel that just induces distortion. The IE80s on the other hand don't suffer from this at all. Mid range is not recessed and is quite clear. You also have the bass knob which I find more useable now sine the mid bass on the IE80 is in check. Before the bass knob really didn't make sense utilizing. Sennheiser actually puts the bass knob on the middle setting now as opposed to minimal on the IE8. That shows there confidence in this feature and I didn't find the bass knob at even max to be overpowering the mid range or treble while the bass was still very much controlled.

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #5,585 of 9,690
This is TF 10 thread, let's not start trashing Etys.

Mine TF10 just came and so let me give you some first thoughts. These are muddier than the ER-4p (of course) but the bass is aboslutley amazing--just put on Alicia Keys' No One.

For $164 they are definatley worth it, but if by MSRP, I would personally get the ER4ps over these.

For the MSRP maybe but TBH I don't trust any of these IEM. You are paying 290 on Amazon for the ER4Ps and they are NOT worth that. I paid 145 for these and they are worth 300. I think they all fail at some point though.

However, the TF10s are anything but muddy after you EQ them. They just sound better than the ER4P and that is about that. I have listened to my Ety's for 5 years or more and still love them but cannot repair them right now and do not even want to spend more money.

The soundstage on the ER4P is pretty bad sometimes. With single soloists and instruments they do very well however. But that doesn't cover enough for me and the bass is just too lacking and actually quite mediocre when pushed too much on the ER's. It is good and tight mind you it just doesn't represent the spectrum very well and this doesn't represent music very well. Not that these are bass masters or anything. They are just well balanced.

If these blow out I will be positively enraged. I clean them and my ears all the time.

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #5,587 of 9,690
I currently have UE 500VIs, I was wanting to know I listen to A LOT of audiobooks and hip hop. Would these headsets be a worth while upgrade for me? Also foes the VI cord from Logitech work on the st5andard set or is there a cord out that I can replace that will control my Iphone?

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #5,588 of 9,690

I don't think that the TF 10 would be a good choice for your musical preferences.Let's see what the others say about this but IMHO, do yourslef a favor and grab the Eternas instead which are bassy and more fan sounding.
Quote:
I currently have UE 500VIs, I was wanting to know I listen to A LOT of audiobooks and hip hop. Would these headsets be a worth while upgrade for me? Also foes the VI cord from Logitech work on the st5andard set or is there a cord out that I can replace that will control my Iphone?

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #5,589 of 9,690

Quote:
Hi again guys.

I'm thinking of recabling my TF 10's. Question is what is the best value for money choice? I'm not willing to spend a whole lot of money.

Chris_himself sells silver pure silver cable at a cheaper price than most sellers do and it has wood on it as well. That probably would be the best value in which you get a sturdy cable and actual sonic improvements (most notably on the mid range).

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #5,594 of 9,690

Quote:

I had mine about 2 weeks now and they seem durable. I was wondering why the pins would instantly come out and you had to bend them like \  /  or /  \.  The sender didn't have any directions so I was foolish and cut the pin by a centimeter or two. They can still pop out with enough force but I don't dare taking them out of the house anymore. They sound the same to me 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back