Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 28, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #2,131 of 9,690
steviebee, thank you for your reply. I want sizes to be compared with w3 since I hesitate to buy triple.fi just because it seems quite larger than w3. I am actually concerned with length and bore size, I could not find any info about triple fi and w3 measures on the web.

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #2,132 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've owned TF10 for a while, and now had a problem about its cable. The connector (near the phones) are quite loosed like when I put them on and walk, the cable is detached from the phone quite often.
frown.gif

How I can fix it? aftermarket cable? or I need to send them to UE to fix it?

Does the entire cable come out? It's rather unlikely that the pins should suddenly come loose, taken the cable out of my SF5EBs quite a number of times and they're still pretty tight.

Did you buy your TF10s second hand from someone who might have used other cables on them and thus enlarged the holes? I got mine second hand and the original owner used ES2 cables which enlarged the holes quite a bit.

Jun 29, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #2,133 of 9,690
Rebetico, the Tripple.Fi 10 bore size is about 6-7mm by eyeballing it. The Westone 3 bore is about 3mm, so it is substantially smaller in diameter than the Super.Fi. It should be noted that all UE ear phones have the same bore size. When I first picked up my Super.Fi 5 Pros, I was disappointed to find that I couldn't use the foam isolation tips because they were too big for my small ear canals. Fortunately, the Comply tips compress small enough and have a soft enough material that I can wear these on all my UEs without difficulty and get the isolation I want. Unfortunately, the Complys also dampen the highest frequencies somewhat. With UE, I have a choice of isolation or tremendous highs. The Westone 3s accept all Shure SE530 tips, though some are really hard to attach and remove since the stem of the Westone 3 bore is so smooth there is too much surface area contact with the ear tip.

Jun 29, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #2,134 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by whypigsfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the entire cable come out? It's rather unlikely that the pins should suddenly come loose, taken the cable out of my SF5EBs quite a number of times and they're still pretty tight.

Did you buy your TF10s second hand from someone who might have used other cables on them and thus enlarged the holes? I got mine second hand and the original owner used ES2 cables which enlarged the holes quite a bit.

Yes, I bought it use and don't know what cable the previous owner used.

Jun 29, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #2,135 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I bought it use and don't know what cable the previous owner used.

That's one of the dangers of using ES2 or the cables for UE customs on the universals, they tend to enlarge the holes to a size that makes original cables loose.

Perhaps you want to pm the original owner to ask? If it's still under warranty you might be able to get it fixed (made smaller?), or you could just get ES2 or UE customs cables.

Jun 29, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #2,136 of 9,690
Changing the cable could be a good move also in terms of comfort -the Westone ES and the new UE custom cable are significantly more flexible than the stock cable. Much nicer to use.

I doubt UE would be able to reduce the hole size, & tbh probably wouldn't do it, if an aftermarket cable like Westone has been used by previous owner...Worth a shot I guess, but changing cables seems the more likely route to go. I'm very happy with my custom-cabled Triple.Fi, btw, if that helps....

Jun 30, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #2,137 of 9,690
Thank you IpodHappy, but the point I want to highlight is not only the bore size but also the earphones' lenght. it seems triple.fi has apprx 3 centimeters long. and won't it be difficult to fit your ears, especially if they are heavy enough?

Jul 1, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #2,138 of 9,690
TF10s aren't meant to fit into your ear. Like the 3 studios, SF5P and SF5EB, only the tips are meant to go into your ear, and perhaps 1/2 to 1 cm of the monitor depending on the tip used and the size of your ears.

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #2,141 of 9,690
What's happen to my UE Triple Fi 10? I am using them with my Sansa Clip, everything seems alright all time, but last hour i listened "Hope - Fortress" mp3 file from "P.S. I love OST", my UE was begining cut off sometime. First i thought it could be the problem of Clip but i took the UE out and plugged KSC75 in, replayed the track and no cut off appear. So the problem has to be the UE. For the next trial, i plugged UE in to my laptop, replayed that track and nothing happened either. At last, i return the UE to Clip and replay track, the cut off still happened so i tried changing the EQ(I used to set EQ as Jazz) back to normal. This time the song play smoothly without any interruptions. To be sure about this problem, I decreased my Clip's volume to 70%, set EQ back to Jazz and it was fine.
Anyone have the same problem about UE Triple Fi 10 Pro?

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #2,142 of 9,690
Welcome to Head Fi...

Depends what you mean by 'cut off'. Cut off as in cuts out for a second/loss of channel?

But try checking yr TF cable connections. Nice & secure, flush? Does the problem go away/recur if you move the jack when it's plugged into the Clip?

(BTW, my Clip tends to cut out for a split second I've noticed. With any of my IEMs...I took it to be a ripping problem)

Edit\ What vol do you normally listen at? You decreased to 70%? Sounds like you're listening loud. That may cause a cut out...& eventual deafness
wink.gif

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #2,144 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to Head Fi...

Depends what you mean by 'cut off'. Cut off as in cuts out for a second/loss of channel?

But try checking yr TF cable connections. Nice & secure, flush? Does the problem go away/recur if you move the jack when it's plugged into the Clip?

(BTW, my Clip tends to cut out for a split second I've noticed. With any of my IEMs...I took it to be a ripping problem)

Edit\ What vol do you normally listen at? You decreased to 70%? Sounds like you're listening loud. That may cause a cut out...& eventual deafness
wink.gif

thanks guy, i usually listen at 80% when i was on the road and 40% when i was home.
Sorry about my english, the term "cut off" means "cuts out" for a second/loss of all channels.
I am home now the Clip at 40% volume so it's ok for the TF.
atsmile.gif

Jul 3, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #2,145 of 9,690
Good stuff. Your ears will last longer too
biggrin.gif

Tho it is easy to push vol with Triples as they always sounded pretty great at high levels IME...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back