Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jul 24, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #2,161 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy Flycatcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard that the Beyers have way too much highs compared to the triples, however I do own a DT150 that´s not a bad alternative, it even has the same problems as the triples when you wear them a long time (uncomfortable)
beyersmile.png

That is why I got my triples customized ^^ they ship out next week !!!!

Jul 24, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #2,162 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Need a full report when you get em, Scott
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #2,163 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Need a full report when you get em, Scott
smily_headphones1.gif

In depth comparison, using my friends TF10's to ab when I get them =)

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #2,164 of 9,690
Cheers - looking forward to hearing your thoughts
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #2,165 of 9,690
Quote:

I've heard both W3 & UM3X (I now own W3)...if I had to sum up the differences very briefly:

W3 - exciting, involving, good soundstage, slightly more urgent treble
UM3X - flat, uninvolving, little soundstage, laidback treble

However, for some folks, W3's very 'excitingness' is tiring. For others (me among them) UM3X is a bit boring and polite. And for me the soundstage is the clincher between em...Both are fine IEMs no doubt, but for me the W3 has the edge. I would like to hear UM3X again with classical/orchestral tho.

Thanks for the quick comparison, i was just wondering
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Do you mean custom tips on the triple fi's I am guessing?? Or the full shell triple fi's?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?

biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #2,166 of 9,690
Elluzion, I am turning them into full shell customs.

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #2,167 of 9,690
Quote:

Elluzion, I am turning them into full shell customs.

Dang. Nice man. What company are you doing that with? and how much does it cost??
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #2,168 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang. Nice man. What company are you doing that with? and how much does it cost??
smily_headphones1.gif

I am doing it with Unique Melody in china. Impressions+Customs+UE11 cable= 260 USD

Jul 25, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #2,169 of 9,690
Quote:

I am doing it with Unique Melody in china. Impressions+Customs+UE11 cable= 260 USD

Scott, that price is without the added mid-range driver, correct? Can I ask how much you paid for your impressions? I didn't think it would be that much...

Jul 25, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #2,170 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Scott, that price is without the added mid-range driver, correct? Can I ask how much you paid for your impressions? I didn't think it would be that much...

That is including shipping. I paid 85 bucks for my impressions... I didn't trust the cheaper guys in my ears. So 260-85= 175 For cable, Custom shell, and shipping. If I didn't already have the TF10's, I would have gone with UE or JH customs prob, its not worth it unless you already have the TF10's.

Jul 25, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #2,171 of 9,690
Quote:

That is including shipping. I paid 85 bucks for my impressions... I didn't trust the cheaper guys in my ears. So 260-85= 175 For cable, Custom shell, and shipping. If I didn't already have the TF10's, I would have gone with UE or JH customs prob, its not worth it unless you already have the TF10's.

Thanks-
It was the cost of the impressions that increased the price...the rest makes sense. I still think the cable isn't a great value, though. I'm curious to see how you find them...

Jul 25, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #2,172 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks-
It was the cost of the impressions that increased the price...the rest makes sense. I still think the cable isn't a great value, though. I'm curious to see how you find them...

Yea i am very skeptical about who does my health care, and for 40 bucks I was ganna go with the person I trusted in my ears even if it is minor. you could hurt your ears if he isn't good.

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #2,173 of 9,690
Quote:

I've heard both W3 & UM3X (I now own W3)...if I had to sum up the differences very briefly:

W3 - exciting, involving, good soundstage, slightly more urgent treble
UM3X - flat, uninvolving, little soundstage, laidback treble

However, for some folks, W3's very 'excitingness' is tiring. For others (me among them) UM3X is a bit boring and polite. And for me the soundstage is the clincher between em...Both are fine IEMs no doubt, but for me the W3 has the edge. I would like to hear UM3X again with classical/orchestral tho.

I've been out of the loop the last little while, my wife and I moved but we had to spend a month at her parents in between houses, then when we got into the new house it took us almost three weeks to get internet hooked up.

Did you ever get that new custom UE cable and if so how did it compare to the older version you have? I forget, do you have one of the Westone cables as well? What's your favorite cable now?

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #2,174 of 9,690
Bringing this one back to the living

I've decided on foam for my tf 10. I know that there is comply foam tips but I can't find them in Sweden or even on the internet from Europe. Any one have a clue where I can get hold of a pair?

Will the shure black foam (for the SE530) fit? Had the privilege to have a stop on Heathrow airport a few months ago and they had a pair of Shure se530 to try
biggrin.gif
. They had the foam tips on which were very comfy.

I believe the Shure tips will be easier to find. Is there any difference sound wise? Which size is similar to the shure black olives small?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back