Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
May 18, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #2,101 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh?.... Nothing on UE's website. Probably just means that dealer is discontinuing them. When the day does come, I'll be ordering a pair or two!

Edit\ @ kloan - did you decide to keep the Lune for awhile? Any happier w/ the sound? My Lune just got shipped. should be a few days now...

I actually sold my Triples. So I'm stuck with a cable I can't use until I can sell it.

May 18, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #2,103 of 9,690
Golly, sounds like I'd better get a couple pairs in!

May 18, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #2,104 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by eukaryote:) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ultimate Ears triple.fi 10 Pro Metallic Blue Earphones

These IEM's now discontinued?
confused_face_2.gif

It looks like they are still carrying the triple.fi 10vi.

May 19, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #2,106 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by eukaryote:) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hold on a second, could be a supply issue? I doubt they'd discontinue a high end IEM.

Heh, don't panic I know...'twasn't being totally serious. But I surely will get another pair at some point, just in case
wink.gif

(Even so....one day Triple Fi will -sniff- be finally gone, but hopefully I'll be on customs by then, or maybe my ears will have fallen off...)

May 20, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #2,107 of 9,690
Another day, another tip tale from tipshire....

OK, so the Senn IE8 foams didn't last long - good at first, but I noticed they took the leading edge off of guitar strokes (makes a mess of reggae/latin), female vocals (Flora Purim, my go-to gal) and confused the mids some. Trying Phonak grey silicon, large. These seem better - plentiful bass, but they do keep the mids/highs better...

Just ordered 3x Comply T500 - dunno why, I didn't get on with T400 as I couldn't get them to seal.

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #2,108 of 9,690
Hup-ho...thread resurrection time. Well, up from page seven or whatever it was. Threads go down fast these days!
smily_headphones1.gif

I read awhile ago some folks over at Jaben were using TF10 with UE customs cable, so I tried them. Any other Head Fiers tried this? My impression is that the custom cable has tightened Triple bass some, not lessened bass impact but removed some boom (a good thing IMHO) so the bass is 'drier' (? audiophile terms + me = not a good mix!) but still deep, tuneful and powerful. My main impression is an increase in sound/headstage. Sounds, instruments appear more spatially 3-D (almost) as if the whole presentation has gone widescreen. Very enjoyable. Triple Fi were darn good at soundstage to begin with, but....Curious if anyone else has experimented w/ UE custom cable & had this effect? Or, as I've become fond of saying, is it all in my head?

And on a non-related note: what the heck, speaking of audiophile terms, is 'wet' treble?!

And on another completely unrelated note (tyin' up some loose ends here!) - what does the ninja
ph34r.gif
smiley stand for? The code Ph34r reads like 'fear'...but where, why and how you use the smiley defeats me. Sneaky/be afraid/nunchuck attack/secret squirrel? What?

biggrin.gif

Edit\ Gawd, three consecutive posts....post whore!

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #2,110 of 9,690
Nope. No mods necessary.
It took a bit gentle force to fit the pins in (& similar to the Westone ES and Null Lune, the pins do not sit flush w/ the earpiece housing).

Thick cable tho - I'd guess people who love the ES flexibility wouldn't be impressed. Really nice and sturdy tho....would last a lifetime by the look of it.

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #2,112 of 9,690
Well D7, there's a custom going in the cables FS section, great seller, great price (tho I don't know how Euro translates to AU$)....I know cos I bought his clear current style to go with or against my black old style. If I prefer the clear, or indeed the black, maybe I'll sell one on, lol.

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #2,113 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually sold my Triples. So I'm stuck with a cable I can't use until I can sell it.

How much were u selling it for ?

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #2,114 of 9,690
Was going for $80ish IIRC, but it sold...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back